Freshman Team

Re: SOC II - Mid Season

Post by MattyIce »

Shoemaker will be COY in the league.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MattyIce wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:33 am Shoemaker will be COY in the league.
Yep. Prater has done a good job but this goes to the SOC champion coach.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I think the Wheelersburg coach has done a good job with the talent he has but Coach Shoemaker has done a great job as well. Plus they won the league and championships count for a lot. In my opinion .... Shoemaker deserves COY.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

You are supposed to win the league if you have the best players. Burg is gonna finish what 3rd 2nd? Everyone counted them out saying they were down. That's the COY

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 pm You are supposed to win the league if you have the best players. Burg is gonna finish what 3rd 2nd? Everyone counted them out saying they were down. That's the COY
You can’t penalize Shoemaker for having “the best players.” Plus, those players are still sophomores, so I think he’s done a hell of a job and deserves COY.

And that’s not slighting Prater as he looks like a grand slam coaching hire for Burg and will win his fair share of COY awards.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:05 am
Lovehoops1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 pm You are supposed to win the league if you have the best players. Burg is gonna finish what 3rd 2nd? Everyone counted them out saying they were down. That's the COY
You can’t penalize Shoemaker for having “the best players.” Plus, those players are still sophomores, so I think he’s done a hell of a job and deserves COY.

And that’s not slighting Prater as he looks like a grand slam coaching hire for Burg and will win his fair share of COY awards.*
It has to go to Shoemaker. He does have talent, but it's still hard to win that many.
Prater has done fantastic though.

Return to “Boys Basketball”