SOC II - Mid Season

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: SOC II - Mid Season

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Blitz wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:57 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:45 am Burg is 4-3 in league. Still have to make up a game with Northwest.
Burg is 3-3 need to make up Northwest and oak hill
Forgot about Oak Hill game not being played.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

GoIrish wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:00 pm
transplant wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:23 pm weird scheduling, looks like they played on 12/2 and then again on 12/13.
The 12/13 game was cancelled due to illness throughout Eastern's team. They played this past Saturday, 1/7/23. Eastern has 2 non-conference games away this weekend, and the rest of the season is conference. They have 4 home conference games remaining.
Oh, ok i was just going by the schedule from the Daily Times, thanks for the info.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:37 am
Jason Vorhees wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:25 am Just forgot about Oak Hill who has beaten Eastern Pike and Waverly thus far in the League. Here is their record if I am not mistaken:

5-7 (2-6)
Oh man. That's another team I haven't seen. Thanks for the input. What do you like about them?
They’re streaky shooting the ball. Decent defensively. They’re not great but can compete with most teams in the league. Not very big overall but are scrappy. Can be physical at times. Wouldn’t surprise me if they upset someone down the road. Doesn’t match up well with someone like Montgomery from Minford or Roberts from South Webster. Then again, who does?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Minfords to lose like Waverly last year. 2 game lead at the midway break. If Valley can beat Minford they need somebody else to beat the Falcons for a shared title - and that’s not them losing another game.
Very strange Valley losing to Eastern and then Waverly beating Eastern.
Wheelersburg and South Webster can play spoiler by beating Valley or Minford.
Last edited by smurray on Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:01 am Minfords to lose like Waverly last year. 2 game lead at the midway break. If an alley can beat Minford they need somebody else to beat the Falcons for a shared title - and that’s not them losing another game.
Valley isn't deep. 6 man rotation. Starting 5 log a ton of minutes though. Big man is pretty good but not dominant. So if you can get him in foul trouble, there are points to be had in the paint.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:14 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:37 am
Jason Vorhees wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:25 am Just forgot about Oak Hill who has beaten Eastern Pike and Waverly thus far in the League. Here is their record if I am not mistaken:

5-7 (2-6)
Oh man. That's another team I haven't seen. Thanks for the input. What do you like about them?
They’re streaky shooting the ball. Decent defensively. They’re not great but can compete with most teams in the league. Not very big overall but are scrappy. Can be physical at times. Wouldn’t surprise me if they upset someone down the road. Doesn’t match up well with someone like Montgomery from Minford or Roberts from South Webster. Then again, who does?
Nice. Do they still have that kid who is about 6'5"? athletic

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Aiden Hall didn’t play a whole lot of the game against us the other night. Idk why. No one was in foul trouble and I always thought he was a really good player

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg and Northwest pushing valley for 2nd now?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

For now, yes, but I think Northwest still has some make up games to play (Burg and Webster). Burg has the ability to beat Minford and Valley both next time around.

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

smurray wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:01 am Minfords to lose like Waverly last year. 2 game lead at the midway break. If Valley can beat Minford they need somebody else to beat the Falcons for a shared title - and that’s not them losing another game.
waverly while there not going to win 15-16 games this year has the talent to win 7-8 if coached right. They have gotten worse as the year has went on. That is not on the kids either.

The Falcons are such a solid team
Eastern young coach is going to be a great one and the kids like him I was very impressed by him.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:13 am For now, yes, but I think Northwest still has some make up games to play (Burg and Webster). Burg has the ability to beat Minford and Valley both next time around.
Correct, Northwest still has 2 games apiece against Wheelersburg and South Webster.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

10-0 Minford
7-3 Valley
6-3 Wheelersburg
5-3 Northwest
5-4 South Webster
4-6 Eastern Pike
3-8 West
2-7 Oak Hill
1-8 Waverly

Is this accurate? Might be off a game or two for some teams. Let me know what edits need made and I will change them.
Last edited by bbjunky81 on Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

baller wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:40 am
smurray wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:01 am Minfords to lose like Waverly last year. 2 game lead at the midway break. If Valley can beat Minford they need somebody else to beat the Falcons for a shared title - and that’s not them losing another game.
waverly while there not going to win 15-16 games this year has the talent to win 7-8 if coached right. They have gotten worse as the year has went on. That is not on the kids either.

Eastern young coach is going to be a great one and the kids like him I was very impressed by him.
I do not see that at all. Bashing coaching all you want. There is not enough talent to win 7-8 games in this league this season. Especially with the non league schedule the Tigers have.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree, even with Robertson, or whoever you want to coach them, Waverly isn't winning 7-8 games this year.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Northwest is 5-3 in conference play, i think.

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:47 am
baller wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:40 am

I do not see that at all. Bashing coaching all you want. There is not enough talent to win 7-8 games in this league this season. Especially with the non league schedule the Tigers have.
[ he wants.
Not bashing it’s simply stating the truth. What do you see that they ever do right.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:50 am Northwest is 5-3 in conference play, i think.
Correct.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:49 am I agree, even with Robertson, or whoever you want to coach them, Waverly isn't winning 7-8 games this year.
Agree with you and Crab. Whoever thinks this Waverly team is a 7-8 win team in this conference with their schedule is delusional ---- and most likely a parent. The league is very stout this year. Waverly is extremely short on talent.
transplant wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:50 am Northwest is 5-3 in conference play, i think.
Fixed, thank you.

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:07 am
transplant wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:49 am I agree, even with Robertson, or whoever you want to coach them, Waverly isn't winning 7-8 games this year.
Agree with you and Crab. Whoever thinks this Waverly team is a 7-8 win team in this conference with their schedule is delusional ---- and most likely a parent. The league is very stout this year. Waverly is extremely short on talent.
Fixed, thank you.
Travis would have them winning games.
Name something the waverly coaches do right?

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

Off of Waverly I have really been impressed with the way Burg has improved all year. My hats off to there staff and players.

Return to “Boys Basketball”