From last night short recap: Fairfield Union 57 Logan 22 final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

From last night short recap: Fairfield Union 57 Logan 22 final

Post by pfloyd »

Fairfield Union 57
Logan 22 a final

... Logan struggled offensively the entire game, unable to work/start the offense inside the 3 point line... 6-6/6-5/6-4/6-3 size unable to get points in the paint consistently ... the Chiefs with only 5 fgs down low on the game/10 pts in the paint ... Coach Shaeffer's Falcons on the other end of the court worked the offense patiently, with their own bigs - Ted Harrah 10 pts/Caleb Schmelzer 7 and Caleb Redding 17 - taking care of business down low ... with Logan unable to score effectively from inside or outside the arc (3 fgs total in the opening 2 quarters ... Simon Pierce led the Chiefs with 10 pts on the night ... the 6-6 stretch forward had a 2 handed jam in the opening qtr included) outside of Pierce , center Cayden Alford had the only other points from the starters - 2/2 from the FT line ... Logan's bench added 10 points - Ayden St.Clair with a 3 pointer in the final minute of the game ... Kohen Maynard put up 7 points to finish off the scoring for Logan ... FU led at all stops 12-6 after 1 ... 21-10 at intermission ... 38-15 after 3 ... FU outscored LHS 19-7 in the final period ... Fairfield Union 57 Logan 22 a final ...

... Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Logan

Scoring ... Simon Pierce 10, Kohen Maynard 7, Ayden St. Clair 3, Cayden Alford 2
3-Pointers ... 2/13 ... Kohen Maynard 1, Ayden St. Clair 1
FTs ... 4/6
TOs ... 15
PnP ... 5 fgs/ 10 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg/ 2 points in transition
Pbk ... 1 fg/ 2 points on putback buckets

...Logan drops to 1-11 on the season... the Chiefs are back in action at home Friday night vs St. Charles ...

... Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Fairfield Union

Scoring ... Caleb Redding 17, Ted Harrah 10, Brennen Rowles 10, Caleb Schmelzer 7, Isaac Schmelzer 5, Trace Pennell 3, Keegan Arnett 2, Max Stansberry 2, Koen Eichhorn 1
3 Pointers ... 5/19 ... Caleb Redding 2, Brennen Rowles 1, Isaac Schmelzer 1, Trace Pennell 1
FTs ... 12/20
TOs ... 12
PnP ... 13 fgs/ 26 points in the paint
PnT ... 2 fgs/ 4 points in transition

... the Falcons improve to 10-2 on the season ... FU entertains Hamilton Twp. Friday night ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: From last night short recap: Fairfield Union 57 Logan 22 final

Post by pfloyd »

I had posted this last night after the game on the Elite 8 thread ... didn't know if anyone had read it - so I threw it onto it's own thread for the FU guys ... it was great to chat with Coach Shaeffer, FU's fine young head coach ... the staff at Fairfield Union have done an outstanding job in getting "the players" out for FU! the freshmen fielded a full 15 player team, the JV's a full 15 player team and of course varsity at 10-2 are getting it done on the hardwood this season ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:54 pm Fairfield Union 57
Logan 22 a final

... Logan struggled offensively the entire game, unable to work/start the offense inside the 3 point line... 6-6/6-5/6-4/6-3 size unable to get points in the paint consistently ... the Chiefs with only 5 fgs down low on the game/10 pts in the paint ... Coach Shaeffer's Falcons on the other end of the court worked the offense patiently, with their own bigs - Ted Harrah 10 pts/Caleb Schmelzer 7 and Caleb Redding 17 - taking care of business down low ... with Logan unable to score effectively from inside or outside the arc (3 fgs total in the opening 2 quarters ... Simon Pierce led the Chiefs with 10 pts on the night ... the 6-6 stretch forward had a 2 handed jam in the opening qtr included) outside of Pierce , center Cayden Alford had the only other points from the starters - 2/2 from the FT line ... Logan's bench added 10 points - Ayden St.Clair with a 3 pointer in the final minute of the game ... Kohen Maynard put up 7 points to finish off the scoring for Logan ... FU led at all stops 12-6 after 1 ... 21-10 at intermission ... 38-15 after 3 ... FU outscored LHS 19-7 in the final period ... Fairfield Union 57 Logan 22 a final ...

... Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Logan

Scoring ... Simon Pierce 10, Kohen Maynard 7, Ayden St. Clair 3, Cayden Alford 2
3-Pointers ... 2/13 ... Kohen Maynard 1, Ayden St. Clair 1
FTs ... 4/6
TOs ... 15
PnP ... 5 fgs/ 10 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg/ 2 points in transition

...Logan drops to 1-11 on the season... the Chiefs are back in action at home Friday night vs St. Charles ...

... Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Fairfield Union

Scoring ... Caleb Redding 17, Ted Harrah 10, Brennen Rowles 10, Caleb Schmelzer 7, Isaac Schmelzer 5, Trace Pennell 3, Keegan Arnett 2, Max Stansberry 2, Koen Eichhorn 1
3 Pointers ... 5/19 ... Caleb Redding 2, Brennen Rowles 1, Isaac Schmelzer 1, Trace Pennell 1
FTs ... 12/20
TOs ... 12
PnP ... 13 fgs/ 26 points in the paint
PnT ... 2 fgs/ 4 points in transition

... the Falcons improve to 10-2 on the season ... FU entertains Hamilton Twp. Friday night ...
Never a good situation to have happen, but it seems that throughout the season you have two teams heading in completely different directions.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

According to The Logan Hocking Times sports editor/the dean of high school sports in SEO, Craig Dunn ... Logan is averaging 32 ppg , 4 times this season LHS has failed to score 30 points including 3 out of the last 4 games below 30 pts of offensive output ... even with Logan's bigs of 6-6,6-5, 6-4, 6-3 the Purple & White were out rebounded by Fairfield Union 42-24 ... Chiefs have lost 10 straight games after opening the season 1-1 a 19-46 loss to Bexley to open the season then the lone W vs Groveport Madison 52-51 ... FU pulled off the trifecta winning the freshmen game 39-29 and the JV contest 58-38 FU on top ...

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

PFloyd, this is in no disrespect to Logan, but how are they ever going to compete in the OCC?

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Pfloyd .........sorry I didn't make it down to L-town Wednesday night to see my FU team against your boys. I was looking forward to seeing and speaking with you but couldn't make it. Hopefully I'll run into you down the road or at the Convo..... hopefully!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:47 pm PFloyd, this is in no disrespect to Logan, but how are they ever going to compete in the OCC?
… great question thebarlowbandit … one I have no answer for - all 3 levels struggled last night … I understand that the 8th grade group is undefeated for Logan ( at least that is what I was told tonight) … I don’t know if the 8th grade team is playing vs teams in the OCC league we will be joining or playing SEO teams … the varsity has played a tough schedule for sure - we’ll just have to see how the last 10 games play out … St. Charles at Logan tomorrow night …
Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Smeltzy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:53 pm Pfloyd .........sorry I didn't make it down to L-town Wednesday night to see my FU team against your boys. I was looking forward to seeing and speaking with you but couldn't make it. Hopefully I'll run into you down the road or at the Convo..... hopefully!!
… no problem Smeltzy! I’m sure I will make it to another FU game before the regular season ends…

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Thanks for your response. My fear for Logan is this isn’t just a boys basketball issue.

Return to “Boys Basketball”