TVC Ohio Assigner

Hoopdream
Waterboy

Re: TVC Ohio Assigner

Post by Hoopdream »

Would be really wrong on many levels if that’s who he is assuming…

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:33 pm So basically it’s whoever wants it, gets it. If being an assigner is such a hard job and that’s the excuse for hiring hometown officials, what’s the point of an assigner? Maybe the TVC would be better off without one?
The info you got was actually incorrect.

The three officials were:

K.S. - Athens
N.C. - Portsmouth
S.J. - Wheelersburg

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Yep. Silence speaks volumes.
I will say I am proud of both the Vikings and Rockets along with Coach Kight and Coach Fouty and the way they conducted themselves. They both were tough and gave it their all.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

We pretty much get our pick of refs and still can’t even beat Wahama.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Hoopdream wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:35 pm Who was the hometown official?
Did someone say my name? I am greatly against this league assigner crap. It has really hit into my supplemental income. Not to mention Waterford doesn’t have quite the same home court advantage.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

In my opinion The TVC assigner is awful just like his referee skills. Trust me he doesn't know the rules.

Tigerhawk123
Waterboy

Post by Tigerhawk123 »

Can't speak to the TVC but working for other assignors, I can assure you that if a school does not want a particular official, the assignor will try to honor their wishes. Odds are the official does not want to go back to that school either.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

After working 4-5 nights a week at different levels I can tell u from personal experience that the Varsity officials I have seen at all those games are not local good ol boys from the home school. I’m not saying that a local may get a game on an occasion but I would bet he/she was a last min fill in for an official that called off the game. I’m sure I’m those situations it’s hard to find someone to travel last min.

Return to “Boys Basketball”