Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #7

transplant
SE

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #7

Post by transplant »

Shoemaker was definitely the difference maker against Valley. I also really like the way the Kayser kid plays. I think Caudill can make an impact next year and fill the role of Hannah. I agree pfloyd, Pica is the ultimate role player. hard nosed kid who just does what the team needs. Not always gonna show up in the box score or fill up a stat sheet (or even napkin), but impacts the game.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

GoAt 10 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:30 pm Minford is really separating themselves at the top and they are doing it with incredible efforts from 3 sophomores who lead the team in PPG/Assists/Rebounds/steals. Last night at Valley (one of the toughest places to play imo) Minford got a boost from the role players as Myles Montgomery had what might be his worst game of the season so far (15 points, 5 assists, 4 steals :o )

6’4 Sophomore Jackson Shoemaker had 22 points (3/4 from deep), 6’7” senior Joe Hannah had a double double with 20 points, 6’5” sophomore Bennet kayser held Copley to 18 points (really could have been 15, as Jace chucked up a one legged 3 in the final 20 seconds from well behind the arc)

Point is, Minford is long, athletic, good size and strength inside with Shoemaker, smart play and big shot making in Crank and then everyone’s focus and attention is on Montgomery who is averaging around 23-24 PPG. Stay healthy and this group can make a run. The SOC2 is an absolute gauntlet this year and to be 10-0 is something to really be proud of.
Agree on every single thing you said. This Minford team is legit, and they're doing it in a very good league where each team is trying to knock off the top guy (Minford) each time they walk in the gym.

They are deserving of the #1 rank in SEO, no doubt. I look for them to finally get over the proverbial hump and win a district game + championship this year.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

jcbigblue13 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:07 am
pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:22 am
Whs95fan wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:51 pm
Thanks, I'll try and tune in for some after Warren @ Waterford, should be over quick...
... Whs95fan, What's Coach Maddox's "number" down to for reaching 400 W's? ... before Christmas I believe it was at 10 wins needed?
Shhhh.....let's not jinx it...but #400(I am 95% certain) will be on Jan 31st last home game and senior night...several tough road games before then
jcbigblue13 - make sure you give me a heads-up ... I want to be in attendance for this milestone please ... thank you ...

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:57 pm
jcbigblue13 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:07 am
pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:22 am

... Whs95fan, What's Coach Maddox's "number" down to for reaching 400 W's? ... before Christmas I believe it was at 10 wins needed?
Shhhh.....let's not jinx it...but #400(I am 95% certain) will be on Jan 31st last home game and senior night...several tough road games before then
jcbigblue13 - make sure you give me a heads-up ... I want to be in attendance for this milestone please ... thank you ...
Will do...my 95% may be a game off though...we were talking about it just the other day

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

JC is right from my calculations Pfloyd. Ironically enough if Warren happens to get upset twice during their remaining games, coach Maddox could potentially go for win 400 at Logan for the last game of the regular season.

Go Blue
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Whs95fan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:11 pm JC is right from my calculations Pfloyd. Ironically enough if Warren happens to get upset twice during their remaining games, coach Maddox could potentially go for win 400 at Logan for the last game of the regular season.
I believe he picked up #200 vs Logan if I’m not mistaken…

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Coach Hoops picked up career victory #250 tonight in their 65-55 win at Piketon

The Shermans were trailing 34-18 about halfway through the 3rd quarter.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:48 pm Coach Hoops picked up career victory #250 tonight in their 65-55 win at Piketon

The Shermans were trailing 34-18 about halfway through the 3rd quarter.
Congratulations to Coach Hoops ! another milestone passed ... Well done - pfloyd

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

23 D3 teams. Anyone gonna do a D3 tournament topic?

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Huge win for New Lexington last night over Tri-Valley who beat Fairfield Union on Thursday (Tri-Valley’s best player did not play in either game) but this years NL team is legit!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

muskiefan11 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:43 am Huge win for New Lexington last night over Tri-Valley who beat Fairfield Union on Thursday (Tri-Valley’s best player did not play in either game) but this years NL team is legit!
How old is their roster? I feel like New Lex has been on the upswing for the past few years, which is great to see.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:58 am
muskiefan11 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:43 am Huge win for New Lexington last night over Tri-Valley who beat Fairfield Union on Thursday (Tri-Valley’s best player did not play in either game) but this years NL team is legit!
How old is their roster? I feel like New Lex has been on the upswing for the past few years, which is great to see.
When we played them early in the season they started 3 seniors and 2 sophomores, not sure what their roster looks like overall though.

Go Blue
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Where to go? some really good games being played tonight on the backend of a busy week in SEOhio hoops action:

Wheelersburg @ Ironton
Paint Valley @ Valley
Jackson @ Minford
Marietta @ Federal Hocking
Eastern Brown @ Fairland

... all excellent matchups ... have another hour or so to decide LOL before hitting the road ...

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:08 pm Where to go? some really good games being played tonight on the backend of a busy week in SEOhio hoops action:

Wheelersburg @ Ironton
Paint Valley @ Valley
Jackson @ Minford
Eastern Brown @ Fairland

... all excellent matchups ... have another hour or so to decide LOL before hitting the road ...
I'm probably biased but that Marietta/Fed Hock matchup looks awfully intriguing...

Go Blue
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Whs95fan wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:12 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:08 pm Where to go? some really good games being played tonight on the backend of a busy week in SEOhio hoops action:

Wheelersburg @ Ironton
Paint Valley @ Valley
Jackson @ Minford
Eastern Brown @ Fairland

I'm probably biased but that Marietta/Fed Hock matchup looks awfully intriguing...
I believe Warren has Marietta @ Marietta coming up soon - Coach Maddox and his staff might be in attendance at McInturf tonight LOL ...

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:22 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:12 pm

Wheelersburg @ Ironton
Paint Valley @ Valley
Jackson @ Minford
Eastern Brown @ Fairland

I believe Warren has Marietta @ Marietta coming up soon - Coach Maddox and his staff might be in attendance at McInturf tonight LOL ...
You're right Pfloyd, I would expect them to be in attendance, big matchup next Friday against the Tigers in Marietta.

Go Blue
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not much change at the top

Put Fed Hock #7 and in Pfloyd old school fashion I’ll have Fairland and Warren tied at #8

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:05 pm Not much change at the top

Put Fed Hock #7 and in Pfloyd old school fashion I’ll have Fairland and Warren tied at #8
3 of the top 8 and 6 of the top 15 overall with loses, some with multiple this past week. I could see FH, New Lex, and Warren all moving up. New Lex has a very good team this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them as a #3 seed or higher in the draw.

Go Blue
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No ties!
No ties!
No ties!

Return to “Boys Basketball”