D4 tournament draw!

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: D4 tournament draw!

Post by bbjunky81 »

Bmoc616 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:12 am
Western24 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:43 am Does Friday and Saturday games hold any weight for the Teams bios, or seeding?
Friday's games can maybe change a vote but it is not likely. The bio has to be turned in by late Wednesday. The voting opens up early Thursday and then closes late Friday.
That's what it is, thanks for the clarification.

So essentially teams can get on after Friday and adjust their win/loss/bio.... but most coaches have likely already voted by then so it's probably irrelevant to do so.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

my top 8

1. Fairfield
2. SW
3. Federal Hocking
4. PV
5. Green
6. Eastern
7. ND
8. Waterford

6 and 7 could change depending on if ND beats Green and beats St. Joe friday. Eastern has more quality wins then ND (Valley & Burg).
2 and 3 could flip but going with SW just because I think they play majority d3 teams and i think they are better.
4 PV is a lock. Can't see anybody under them jumping.
5. Green is a lock. I even think a loss to ND Tuesday won't hurt them.

Question is for Eastern and ND do you want your current seed or would you rather flip? Depending on who is the 10 or 11 and who you will play in district semifinals. All about matchups

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Hoopster98 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:31 am my top 8

1. Fairfield
2. SW
3. Federal Hocking
4. PV
5. Green
6. Eastern
7. ND
8. Waterford

6 and 7 could change depending on if ND beats Green and beats St. Joe friday. Eastern has more quality wins then ND (Valley & Burg).
2 and 3 could flip but going with SW just because I think they play majority d3 teams and i think they are better.

Question is for Eastern and ND do you want your current seed or would you rather flip? Depending on who is the 10 or 11 and who you will play in district semifinals. All about matchups
What is your reasoning for having Waterford over Western? Just curious. Western has 8 loses. 6 of their loses are to the top 7 seeds ranked above. Piketon first game of the season, St. Joe at St. Joe when they were at full strength but yes a bad loss. Waterford I would say plays an easier schedule and has played less games. Assuming Fed beats them tomorrow they will have similar records but Western will have more wins and yes I realize one more loss. Just wondering the difference for you?

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I do apologize. I do think Western is 8. I think i was trying to look for a key win for Western and forgot they beat Peebles. I think Western will be a dangerous team in the tournament if other guys besides Haggy and Carter can step up.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Appreciate the response! Hope they can put it all together in the next few weeks!

LABallers
Waterboy

Post by LABallers »

Western will surprise some people. There are Carter, Haggy and Janes. Janes has been in the top two in scoring several games and if all three are on… they will surprise some people. They also have others that can and have played key roles. Don’t count the Indians out.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

LABallers wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:01 pm Western will surprise some people. There are Carter, Haggy and Janes. Janes has been in the top two in scoring several games and if all three are on… they will surprise some people. They also have others that can and have played key roles. Don’t count the Indians out.
I hope we get to play Western Brown in the tournament again this year. We’ll beat the brakes off of them this time unless they get those same sorry refs to give them every call like they did last year. That would be the revenge game of the century. Change my mind.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Slow your roll queenie. From what I can recollect them boys western brown is pretty darn good. I wouldn’t do too much bragging after you just got beat by Racine

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

Can someone post an updated Martin RPI bracket? Interested to see how much it changed with ND win over Green and SW loss.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Leviticus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:14 am Can someone post an updated Martin RPI bracket? Interested to see how much it changed with ND win over Green and SW loss.
I just checked the website and it’s not updated from last nights games yet. Northwest is 13-4 and a D3 school, I doubt the loss moves Webster much.

My guess is Green stays #5 and Notre Dame is the #6.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Western24 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:14 pm
Hoopster98 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:31 am my top 8

1. Fairfield
2. SW
3. Federal Hocking
4. PV
5. Green
6. Eastern
7. ND
8. Waterford

Having seen the TVC Hockling play this year I would have to agree with you that Western Brown is definitley better than Waterford.
What is your reasoning for having Waterford over Western? Just curious. Western has 8 loses. 6 of their loses are to the top 7 seeds ranked above. Piketon first game of the season, St. Joe at St. Joe when they were at full strength but yes a bad loss. Waterford I would say plays an easier schedule and has played less games. Assuming Fed beats them tomorrow they will have similar records but Western will have more wins and yes I realize one more loss. Just wondering the difference for you?

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Western24 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:11 pm Appreciate the response! Hope they can put it all together in the next few weeks!
I can see Western Brown and Ironton St Jude being the dark horse teams in the tournament. Dont sleep on them.

Return to “Boys Basketball”