D4 tournament draw!

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: D4 tournament draw!

Post by bbjunky81 »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:25 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:53 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:58 pm

I love this type of post. TriState was 100% right, but only gets partial credit, because you asked someone else who knew 😂
haha well you know how preps is, you never know who people are and what they post is 100% correct, so I got ahold of a board member and the former tournament director.
That’s 100% fair. Did they say it changed in the Covid year? Because I feel like it’s only been a couple of years.
I’m pretty certain it changed the year SE District switched to Super Sectionals

Watching SE Ohio basketball
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

(Athens) – Ohio University has released plans for hosting the Boys Basketball Southeast District Finals and OHSAA Regional Boys Basketball Tournaments at the Ohio Convocation Center. SE Boys District Semis will be held in other locations.

Tournament dates are March 2nd for the two Southeast District Boys Division 4 Finals, and March 5th for one Division 2 Boys District Final and two Division 3 District Finals.

OHSAA Boys Regional Semis will be played March 7th, 8th and 9th, with Finals on March 10th and 11th.

Parking will cost $5 for the High School Basketball Events, with accessible parking available at the Convocation Center Lot 128. General Admission parking is available in surrounding parking lots to include the Convocation Center Lot 127, Stocker Center Lot 111 and Peden Lot 132.

For more information on Transportation & Parking resources during this time, you can connect with the TPS Customer Care Center Team at 740-593-1917 or tps@ohio.edu.

Faculty, staff, and students reporting to work or for academic purposes will be allowed entrance into the next available parking area.

The Convocation Center Garage Lot 129 will be closing at 5:30pm each day to support event security. The area will remain closed for the duration of the contests, and reopen for parking 7am-5pm the following day.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

1. Fairfield
2. Fed Hock
3. Webster
4. Green
5. PV
6. Notre Dame
7. Eastern
8. Western
9. Whiteoak
10. Trimble
11. Waterford
12. Glenwood
13. South Gallia
14. Manchester
15. Symmes
16. St. Joe
17. East
18. Eastern
19. Souther
20. Miller
21. Clay

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western24 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:03 am 1. Fairfield
2. Fed Hock
3. Webster
4. Green
5. PV
6. Notre Dame
7. Eastern
8. Western
9. Whiteoak
10. Trimble
11. Waterford
12. Glenwood
13. South Gallia
14. Manchester
15. Symmes
16. St. Joe
17. East
18. Eastern
19. Souther
20. Miller
21. Clay
St Joe won’t be that low will they?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Looks fine, not much different than what Tri-State posted above.

If I'm Western, I'm not sure I want in the 8-9 matchup. Winner faces Fairfield. I'd probably be angling for the 10-12 seed to try and avoid them. Not knocking South Webster or Paint Valley, but Leesburg is undefeated for a reason.

Also not sure I could put Green above Paint Valley. Paint Valley schedule much tougher and has more quality wins. Green's quality wins are what? Eastern by 4 at home. Notre Dame at home be 7... I guess New Hope? Loss against Rock Hill isn't looking too good. Two losses against a down (and below .500) Greenup County team. And blown out by South Webster.

Paint Valley has wins against much larger schools.

I try to think like this--- if Paint Valley had the exact same schedule as Green, would they be better than 12-4? And I firmly believe - Yes.
Last edited by bbjunky81 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:47 am

I think most people are just expecting a free fall from St. Joe since their leading scorer is now ineligible.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:47 am
2. Fed Hock
3. Webster
4. Green
5. PV
6. Notre Dame
7. Eastern
8. Western
9. Whiteoak
10. Trimble
11. Waterford
12. Glenwood
13. South Gallia
14. Manchester
15. Symmes
16. St. Joe
17. East
18. Eastern
19. Souther
20. Miller
21. Clay

I am pretty sure they just lost to east. Since losing their big man in the middle they I am not sure they have won a game? Unfortunate, but I would say they will be around there

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:02 am Looks fine, not much different than what Tri-State posted above.

If I'm Western, I'm not sure I want in the 8-9 matchup. Winner faces Fairfield. I'd probably be angling for the 10-12 seed to try and avoid them. Not knocking South Webster or Paint Valley, but Leesburg is undefeated for a reason.

Also not sure I could put Green above Paint Valley. Paint Valley schedule much tougher and has more quality wins. Green's quality wins are what? Eastern by 4 at home. Notre Dame at home be 7... I guess New Hope? Loss against Rock Hill isn't looking too good. Two losses against a down (and below .500) Greenup County team. And blown out by South Webster.

I try to think like this--- if Paint Valley had the exact same schedule as Green, would they be better than 12-4? And I firmly believe - Yes.
No arguments there. I kinda only put them there because they are going to win their League. I know thats not required but almost a reward I guess from no one other than myself for doing so. I don't believe Western wants Ff, But I just think thats where they will fall.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

2. Fed Hock
3. Webster
4. Green
5. PV
6. Notre Dame
7. Eastern
8. Western
9. Whiteoak
10. Trimble
11. Waterford
12. Glenwood
13. South Gallia
14. Manchester
15. Symmes
16. St. Joe
17. East
18. Eastern
19. Souther
20. Miller
21. Clay
Glad to see no respect for Trimble. We love being doubted. Howie will make you regret this. He’ll show you. You just wait and see.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Trimble must be trash this year cause I ain’t seen one brake beatin post all season

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:13 am Trimble must be trash this year cause I ain’t seen one brake beatin post all season
Thanks for the motivation. Speaking of brake beatings, do you remember what happened the last time you bad mouthed a Trimble team? That’s right, your team left with nary a brake left to speak of.

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:02 am Looks fine, not much different than what Tri-State posted above.

There are a lot of ways to argue a few of those spots. Green is 14-4. Greenup is much better than their record would indicate and is hitting a stretch of their schedule that is favorable. I think they have now won 4 in a row. The Rock Hill and SW losses were at the very beginning of the season. The SW game was more competitive than the final score.

Paint Valley was just destroyed by Valley and also beaten soundly by Westfall. Westfall was just beaten last week by New Hope, who was beaten by Green. What are Paint Valley's best wins, and especially recently? What would PV's record be playing Green's schedule? It would be similar. Splitting hairs between 4 and 5...not sure it matters much.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The Webster game could’ve been a 40pt loss if our JV team didn’t play the final 12 minutes

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Tomcat Queen wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:12 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:13 am Trimble must be trash this year cause I ain’t seen one brake beatin post all season
Thanks for the motivation. Speaking of brake beatings, do you remember what happened the last time you bad mouthed a Trimble team? That’s right, your team left with nary a brake left to speak of.
Yeah well we’ve been to Oreillys since then. I see Trimble is grinding into the rotors still after that beatdown Western gave them last season.

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

Trimble simply isnt very good and will not be successful in the tourny this year...they may win a sectional game but it most likely ends there.

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:30 pm The Webster game could’ve been a 40pt loss if our JV team didn’t play the final 12 minutes
Which game are you referring to? It certainly wasn't the Green game. It's so easy to get on the internet and spout ignorance and falsehoods.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

You're right, in the grand scheme of things it probably won't matter because in all likelihood Green and Paint Valley will play each other in the 4-5 matchup, regardless of who is the 4 or who is the 5.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:35 pm
Yeah well we’ve been to Oreillys since then. I see Trimble is grinding into the rotors still after that beatdown Western gave them last season.
Can you say brake beating? Of course you can because that’s what Trimble gave you. You’ve had a few this year too so probably won’t have anything left for the tournament. Just have to take you to the woodshed instead. Howie will show you.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

socsportsfan1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:26 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:30 pm The Webster game could’ve been a 40pt loss if our JV team didn’t play the final 12 minutes
Which game are you referring to? It certainly wasn't the Green game. It's so easy to get on the internet and spout ignorance and falsehoods.

I was there and yeah the green game. Back to Franklin furnace with no brakes left on the bus.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Tomcat Queen wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:08 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:35 pm

Can you say brake beating? Of course you can because that’s what Trimble gave you. You’ve had a few this year too so probably won’t have anything left for the tournament. Just have to take you to the woodshed instead. Howie will show you.
Howard lost his magic when that half court shot went in. It hurt me to give $5 to that disgusting school in Glooster but it was worth it to see some pusscat tears and cries in person

Return to “Boys Basketball”