Tuesday,1/24/23.games and scores.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: Tuesday,1/24/23.games and scores.

Post by MasterOfNone »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:14 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:23 pm Waverly hit some good looks but closest they got was 10. Sitting on my side it never felt like this one was in any danger even when they did cut it down. No outcome on the results of this one but Roberts got hacked everytime he drove the basket and only shot two foul shots all night on the dunk attempt that they probably should’ve called a flagrant on.

Waverly is getting better.

Sorry about your guys big screen
I thought the screen hit was funny that sucker flew up there. 31-11 at half and Waverly dropped 18 in the 3rd there wasn't enough time to be overly concerned but man the JV coach don't know his name was ripping those guys in the 4th quarter during the 2nd TO they took. I felt both teams got away with stuff and while I don't believe Roberts should've shot as many FTs as you he should've gotten to the line more than 4 times, thought he shot 2 in the 1st half and 2 in the 2nd half. Summer boy has a nice shot and high basketball IQ but he's got to keep that arm down he's not going to get away with using the forearm all night come post season time. The dunk attempt wasn't a flagrant foul he got ball and hands then they landed, now on the steal Roberts got for an easy dunk our PG would like his arms back that he took with him when he ran across them to get a "steal". :lol: Dunk on them if you can and walk up the court when you can't, love to see someone really get that kid straightened out a ton of talent there but overall effort and want simply isn't there.
Yeah I agree about Roberts. Kid has unlimited potential but man his attitude is gonna hold him back if he doesn’t get it figured out. I just don’t get it, someone needs to get through to him on how much he is holding himself back. Just hate to see a kid with that talent not make it because of that. He’s still a Sophomore, so he has time. It becomes cancerous to a team when their best player acts that way.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Sommer’s our best player. I wish everyone on the team had the demeanor that he has. Maybe someday he’ll figure it out, but his best bet at college ball right now is Rio with the way he acts. Need to continue playing in the paint too he ain’t no three point threat.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:46 am Sommer’s our best player. I wish everyone on the team had the demeanor that he has. Maybe someday he’ll figure it out, but his best bet at college ball right now is Rio with the way he acts. Need to continue playing in the paint too he ain’t no three point threat.
I think he's super talented. He's just super immature right now. He will get it.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:46 am Sommer’s our best player. I wish everyone on the team had the demeanor that he has. Maybe someday he’ll figure it out, but his best bet at college ball right now is Rio with the way he acts. Need to continue playing in the paint too he ain’t no three point threat.
100% on Sommer I’ll be honest I’m not sure where you guys would be without him. Still a winning ball club but the way the SOC is stacked this year guessing you’d have another 3-5 losses without him. Agreed on Roberts no idea why they play him outside his dad done the same thing with him when he was younger also. At this point they’ve built that style of play into him. Between him and Sommer there’s no reason SW shouldn’t be out rebounding every team they play by double digits and just dominate offensive boards. Is what it is it’ll be interesting to see how that team grows over next 2 years

Tigernation2021
Varsity

wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:10 pm
I think he's super talented. He's just super immature right now. He will get it.
I think for him to get it he’s got to humble up and honestly pay more attention to how Sommer carries himself. SW shouldn’t have to have a coach in his ear non stop during every break. It’s like he’s handled with kid gloves rip the kids butt, bench him for a spell he’ll get it then. Also not sure what transpired to lose a kid like Sommer but dang Burgs offense would’ve been lethal adding him to that group and that coach.

Fullpress
Waterboy

Post by Fullpress »

JC2124 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:38 pm Federal Hocking 74 Belpre 45 Final
Federal Hocking ending the night with three players with double doubles. Wow

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

burg will be in real good shape next season with three transfers in 🤣

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:14 pm
100% on Sommer I’ll be honest I’m not sure where you guys would be without him. Still a winning ball club but the way the SOC is stacked this year guessing you’d have another 3-5 losses without him. Agreed on Roberts no idea why they play him outside his dad done the same thing with him when he was younger also. At this point they’ve built that style of play into him. Between him and Sommer there’s no reason SW shouldn’t be out rebounding every team they play by double digits and just dominate offensive boards. Is what it is it’ll be interesting to see how that team grows over next 2 years
According to hudl SW 41 Waverly 20 on the boards. Webster’s definitely crashed the boards this season.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:50 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:14 pm
According to hudl SW 41 Waverly 20 on the boards. Webster’s definitely crashed the boards this season.
Heck that doesn’t tell me anything you going to tell me they shot better from the FT next, 😂. They should beat every team by double digit boards

Return to “Boys Basketball”