SW @ Minford 1/27/23 - POSTPONED - POWER OUTAGE IN Minford

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SW @ Minford 1/27/23 - POSTPONED - POWER OUTAGE IN Minford

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Should be a good one. Minford has a thing for getting beat by Webster at home the past couple years.
Last edited by The Ghost of Swanker on Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SW @ Minford 1/27/23

Post by Ironman92 »

Minford by 18

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Falcons by 20

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Minford is the undeniable #1 team in SEO. At home. Hoping the Jeeps can compete.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Minford is good. They have length, a scoring guard that can give score 20+ any given night. They have a good shot at making at making the regional finals.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Hoopster98 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:26 am Minford is good. They have length, a scoring guard that can give score 20+ any given night. They have a good shot at making at making the regional finals.
I agree. Martin RPI currently has them at #2 in the region behind only Martins Ferry.

Out of Columbus will likely be Worthington Christian, Columbus Academy, or Africentric. All 3 teams are very very good, but none are as dominant as we've seen them in previous years. I think Minford would have a legit shot against any Columbus team, although they would obviously have to handle pressure and play well (but who doesn't when it comes to tournament time).

Minford has the size, length, and speed to match up with anyone in the region.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The Jeeps might as well stay home it sounds like.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:47 am
Hoopster98 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:26 am Minford is good. They have length, a scoring guard that can give score 20+ any given night. They have a good shot at making at making the regional finals.
I agree. Martin RPI currently has them at #2 in the region behind only Martins Ferry.

Out of Columbus will likely be Worthington Christian, Columbus Academy, or Africentric. All 3 teams are very very good, but none are as dominant as we've seen them in previous years. I think Minford would have a legit shot against any Columbus team, although they would obviously have to handle pressure and play well (but who doesn't when it comes to tournament time).

Minford is definitely the Alpha in our southeast area but they don't have a deep bench. Should advance pretty far if everyone stays healthy and no foul trouble.

Pointerdog11
Waterboy

Post by Pointerdog11 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:57 am

Minford is definitely the Alpha in our southeast area but they don't have a deep bench. Should advance pretty far if everyone stays healthy and no foul trouble.
Alpha lol pretty sure they scrimmaged the pointers and pointers got best of them from what I’m hearing. Soc and ovc aren’t the same
Not knocking Minford at all they’re very good but there’s no one stand out alpha.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Minford is the Alpha no doubt. I'm not sure anyone alone can stay in front of Montgomery and his supporting cast is excellent. Best starting top 5 in SE Ohio.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I've seen both teams 3-4 times each. South Point is very good, and in my opinion the hands down #2 in SEO D3.

If they were to ever meet deep in the tournament, I like Minford more solely because they have multiple guys that could go for 20 any night. Lovely kid at SP is an absolute stud so they'll be in any game they play, he's THAT good. But I like Minford's supporting cast better.

None of this talk may matter though because if they were to ever meet, it'd be in the Regionals. Both teams would have a LOT of good teams to go through first to even get to that point.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Pointerdog11 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:38 pm

Alpha lol pretty sure they scrimmaged the pointers and pointers got best of them from what I’m hearing. Soc and ovc aren’t the same
Not knocking Minford at all they’re very good but there’s no one stand out alpha.
Scrimmage? Pointers are a very good team this year but I truly hope you're not trying to rank them over Minford based on a scrimmage, lol. The SOC is loaded in basketball this season and Minford faces a much tougher schedule than SP.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree, scrimmages don't count for a whole lot. Def sounds like the pointers have a good team as well. But maybe not as consistent as Minford?

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Post by junedawg14 »

Yes, I was at that scrimmage and SP probably did get the better of them. However, that was SP's 4th or 5th scrimmage and Minford's 1st. Minford had just got their soccer & football players in the gym that week. I'm sure both are two totally different teams at this point. I would love to see them match up again though.

We Need More Cowbell!
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: SW @ Minford 1/27/23 - POSTPONED - POWER OUTAGE IN Minford

Games been ppd due to power out in minford

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Game to be played Feb 14th, Portsmouth Game moved to Feb 17th.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:10 pm Games been ppd due to power out in minford
Swanker, I truly hope that you didn't have anything to do with that power outage. Lol

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:13 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:10 pm Games been ppd due to power out in minford
Swanker, I truly hope that you didn't have anything to do with that power outage. Lol
Minford too afraid to play in the dark is all I gathered from it

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:19 pm
VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:13 pm
Minford too afraid to play in the dark is all I gathered from it
I'm not really sure if that is a valid enough reason to not go ahead and play the game. Now if the Jeeps are found to have been practicing in the dark, then that would probably have not been fair to the Falcons. Lol

PineRider
Waterboy

Post by PineRider »

I hope you're not basing a scrimmage on who's the Alpha team. Pretty sure the South Point/Minford scrimmage was Minford's first scrimmage of the season. South Point had about 4 scrimmages prior to scrimmaging Minford. The Falcon kids had just gotten out of football & soccer. Minford has too many weapons, seems like if one starter is struggling, another kid steps up. Get all of their starters hitting on the same night, WATCH OUT! Crank, Kayser, Shoemaker, Hannah, and Montgomery can all shoot lights out from the perimeter as well as get to the rim. Shoemaker, Kayser, and Hannah gives them some serious size underneath that can pretty much score on any opportunity. Pica is another player that brings speed and great defense to the floor. He too makes a difference. One other player that hustles and does a great job...Noah Martin. He came out this year as a senior and puts great minutes out on the floor. The Falcons probably wish he would have played last year. Outstanding ball club that is fun to watch! They just gel. Coach Shoemaker may finally make it past the early rounds of tournament. Hopefully the Falcons will get a shot at the Pointers in tournaments. The Falcons do play a much tougher schedule than the Pointers.

Agree, Minford is definitely the Alpha team in the southeast!

Return to “Boys Basketball”