D2 Tournament Thread

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

D2 Tournament Thread

Post by Ironman92 »

Hopefully Tri-StateYouthSports will do his thing and post a bracket once the seeds are out.

https://officials.myohsaa.org/Admin/Bra ... entId=2791
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whs95fan
S

Re: D2 Tournament Thread

Post by Whs95fan »

What time can we expect them this afternoon?

Go Blue
jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Probably around 3

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll take Jackson, Athens, Circleville, Logan Elm in the 1st round games

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Some really even 2nd round matchups, looks like a fair bracket to me.

Go Blue
AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Post by AHS_Stephens »

Official OHSAA Seed Procedures:

The Board of Directors established date for ALL seeding and drawing meetings in Ohio is
Sunday, January 29, 2023, at 2 p.m. for GIRLS, and Sunday, February 5, 2023, at 2 p.m. for BOYS.
In all Sectional tournaments that precede District tournaments, seeding is mandatory in the Sectional. In District tournaments NOT preceded by Sectional tournaments, seeding is mandatory. This is interpreted that at least one seeding is to take place in either the Sectional or District tournament. ALL teams assigned to the tournament shall be seeded. The following seeding method shall prevail for all OHSAA-sponsored basketball tournaments. For purposes of seeding, the last games to be counted will be those played on the date established by the District Athletic Board.
Basketball Tournament Seeding Procedures When Online Seeding Takes Place Athletic Districts with online seeding will provide all managers with the required procedures. In Athletic Districts utilizing online seeding, it is important for managers to communicate instructions and deadlines clearly and concisely for the submission of votes.

1. Coaches will submit their win/loss records online and will include the number of wins and losses in the divisions of the teams played.
Example: in a schedule that has played 20 games to date:

Division I:
14 wins 2 losses

Division II:
2 wins 1 loss

Division III:
1 win 10 Losses

Overall Record: 17-3

All games played to date shall be recorded.

2. Voting will be done to seed teams.

A. All head coaches shall vote via the online ballot, which shall be made public, selecting their
choice for the number 1 seeded team. The team with the greatest number of votes shall be
seeded “Number 1’, second highest #2, etc., until all teams are seeded

B. In the event of a tie, the tiebreaker is based on the number of votes at or above the tied
position. Should a tie occur a second time, a flip of a coin shall determine the seeded team. The school to call the toss will be the first one to appear in an alphabetic listing of the schools without the use of the respective city name unless the city name is part of the official school name. Selection will go from A-Z in even-numbered years; to Z-A in odd-numbered years.

C. Seeding process:
a. There shall be a two-point differential between the first and second seeds. (i.e., If there are
20 teams, a first seed will receive 20 points, second seed will receive 18 points)
b. There shall be a one-point differential between all subsequent seeds.
c. A school’s point total shall be calculated by dropping the highest and lowest vote they have
received.

d. A school shall not vote for itself.

e. If a school fails to vote, their second high score will also be dropped from their point total.

D. The results of the electronic voting shall be made public by the manager prior to the draw meeting.

NOTE: During the 2022-23 Season the OHSAA will be conducting a pilot study on the use of the Martin RPI system. The Northwest District will be using this system to seed their teams instead of having coaches submit votes.

3. Placement on brackets - After teams are seeded, placement of teams on brackets shall occur.

A. Seeded Teams shall make, in order of their seed, their choice of placement in the tournament

bracket. Where applicable, District level sites will be known ahead of the tournament drawing
process.

B. Passing on bracket placement: The number of schools advancing to the district tournament may pass. All others must place themselves in the bracket when their seed is called. (i.e., If 8 teams are advancing to the District tournament, Seeds 1 through 8 may pass; teams with a seed greater than 8 must go on the bracket.)

C. At each point where a seeded team places itself on the bracket, the seeds above that team that previously passed shall be given the option to place themselves on the bracket, starting with the highest seed going first. Those teams may choose to pass again. Example: Seed No. 1 places itself on the bracket. Seeds No. 2 and 3 passes. Seed No. 4 places itself in the bracket. Instead of going to Seed No. 5, Seed No. 2 shall then be given the option to place itself in the bracket, followed by Seed No. 3.

4. Teams absent from the draw – District Athletic Boards or their designees overseeing the tournament
the draw shall be provided with the cellular phone numbers of head coaches and athletic administrators
listed in myOHSAA prior to the draw/seed meeting. If no school representative is present for the
tournament draw/seed meeting, and whether the meeting is in-person or virtual, a District Athletic Board member or the board’s designee overseeing the tournament draw shall attempt to call the head
coach and/or athletic administrator from the school(s) not present in order for a representative from the missing school(s) to participate in the tournament draw/seed meeting electronically/virtually.

a. If a school representative is not able to be contacted, placement on the bracket will be in
accordance with the District Athletic Board policy 11

5. Tournament managers will distribute brackets to representatives of the participating teams.

a. All brackets shall designate the date and time of the game.

b. Home teams will wear Home (White) Jerseys throughout the tournament.

6. Tournament managers should report final scores to their appointed District Athletic Board member.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

For some reason, Maysville picked to go into the District that will face the Central in the Regional Semi’s. So, I like the the chances for the winner of the SE to at least get to the Elite 8.

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

New Philadelphia is no joke...they may be better than Maysville IMO

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

jcbigblue13 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:39 pm New Philadelphia is no joke...they may be better than Maysville IMO
I’m sure they are good. I just don’t understand the thought process by Maysville to avoid the winner from the SE, especially this year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sheridan to Ironton….Yikes

There’s 2 1/2 fun hours on a bus

Unioto to the first city isn’t a quick trip but better than what Sheridan is doing.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:04 pm Sheridan to Ironton….Yikes

Unioto to the first city isn’t a quick trip but better than what Sheridan is doing.
This will be the first ever meeting in Boys Basketball between Unioto and Marietta.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:12 pm

This will be the first ever meeting in Boys Basketball between Unioto and Marietta.
Great smokehouse on the river in Etta

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

I've seen Philly place West Holmes twice WH gave them all they could handle,lost by6 at Philly and 12 at West Holmes, Philly has hit a little skid right now, lost two out of there last three,there still a very good team , but there not very deep on there bench

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

First time Vinton County and Warren played at Warren in a long long time, at least well before I graduated.

Go Blue
Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:23 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:12 pm

Great smokehouse on the river in Etta
Boathouse BBQ. Harmar Tavern is also very high up there if you're looking for a good burger and brew.

Go Blue
E High
All State

Post by E High »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:09 pm For some reason, Maysville picked to go into the District that will face the Central in the Regional Semi’s. So, I like the the chances for the winner of the SE to at least get to the Elite 8.
That was stupid. They planned that all along. We’ll see.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

jcbigblue13 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:39 pm New Philadelphia is no joke...they may be better than Maysville IMO
They’re really good. Lost to Stubenville is a head scratcher.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:09 pm For some reason, Maysville picked to go into the District that will face the Central in the Regional Semi’s. So, I like the the chances for the winner of the SE to at least get to the Elite 8.
I obviously don’t know the thought process of Maysville but maybe they wanted a week to prepare for the central district winner, and feel they can beat the SE/other East with one day to prepare, rather than a day to prepare for central district.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

muskiefan11 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:09 am
I obviously don’t know the thought process of Maysville but maybe they wanted a week to prepare for the central district winner, and feel they can beat the SE/other East with one day to prepare, rather than a day to prepare for central district.
. Fair statement, but it’s 1 game at a time. Central district usually dominates at all levels in Athens. I’d take my chances of getting to elite 8 first and hope the central district gets upset in the round of 16. Gotta get to Athens first. It’s never easy.

Return to “Boys Basketball”