Inaugural Woody's Butcher Shop Invitational

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Inaugural Woody's Butcher Shop Invitational

Post by PurplePower »

Racine HS is hosting a post season tournament for teams that get knocked out of the Sectional early. If you have room left in your schedule, you should consider coming up the river to play. Everyone can still be a winner. Call the High School for further details.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Re: Inaugural Woody's Butcher Shop Invitational

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

PurplePower wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:31 pm Racine HS is hosting a post season tournament for teams that get knocked out of the Sectional early. If you have room left in your schedule, you should consider coming up the river to play. Everyone can still be a winner. Call the High School for further details.
Are you sure this is allowable by OHSAA? I'd hate to see a team get dinged by OHSAA for a violation. If you haven't, you may want to get this cleared by OHSAA.

Post by Tomcat Queen »

PurplePower wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:31 pm Racine HS is hosting a post season tournament for teams that get knocked out of the Sectional early. If you have room left in your schedule, you should consider coming up the river to play. Everyone can still be a winner. Call the High School for further details.
Eastern Brown and Fed Hocker might be interested after we beat them. Just sayin.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:37 pm
Are you sure this is allowable by OHSAA? I'd hate to see a team get dinged by OHSAA for a violation. If you haven't, you may want to get this cleared by OHSAA.
I think as long as the teams have games left on the schedule they can still play but I will look into it. Its not as easy to cheat at Southern as it used to be.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

My sources say that you can still play if you didnt have a completely full schedule. But with the mild winter we had it might be a better idea to let Woodys Invitational become a summer shootout event. Maybe Tom would throw in some haircuts for the champs?

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
The Voice aka LR
Waterboy

Post by The Voice aka LR »

Just saw this. I really appreciate the civic pride you guys down there in Racine have even though yer team gets the barkes beaten off them by your old coach on a regular basis.

I would like to offer some help. Get this summer woody thing going. I think I can get the TV station in Nelsonville to do the games if you let the Bucks in for free. Plus, I will throw in my own broadcasting skiils for the games. All i ask is maybe some of that corn a nd a few maters that you boys grow s well.

Also if you get local leadership together I think we could work out a plan to put some turf on that football field for ya.

Phil A. Sheoh
Waterboy

Post by Phil A. Sheoh »

Seems reasonable that this Tourney could be fantastic

Ho Lee Fuk
Waterboy

Post by Ho Lee Fuk »

we want to come

Me love you longtime!
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Any update on this. Is it going to be a summer shootout?

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

What is this?

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D

Return to “Boys Basketball”