Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition 2022-23

wipala
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition 2022-23

Post by wipala »

Just a short note from an oldTrojan in Arizona. Thank you pink and all the posters. Still miss SEO BB, good stuff and you all bring it live! Having said that “ Go Trojans”. wipalawalt

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

wipala wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:02 pm Just a short note from an oldTrojan in Arizona. Thank you pink and all the posters. Still miss SEO BB, good stuff and you all bring it live! Having said that “ Go Trojans”. wipalawalt
... good to see a post from you !!! your Trojans are looking to give South Point a run for their money Saturday night! hope all is going well for you my friend ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the pfloyd tour was on the road Tuesday night, Wednesday night in Warren ... D4 game tomorrow Friday night - haven't decided where either Waterford @ Western or Manchester @ Fed Hock ... Saturday D2 matchups - Warren @ Washington CH/Marietta@ FU or Ironton @ New Lex ... Sunday!!! the 27th only one game played D2 Circleville @ Gallia Academy ... Monday - going to The James at OSU for CT scans ... then D4 at either Athens or Piketon ... Tuesday D3's either Waverly or Jackson ... Wednesday the 1st D2 at Southeastern (2 games) ... Thursday D4s Convo ... Sunday Convo gms at 2pm D2/D3 at 4/6 pm ... THEN regionals at the Convo !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... almost time to hit the road! the Pfloyd Post Season Tour is heading down the Appalachian Highway this evening to cover the Western Pike vs Waterford game! Have watched both teams via hudl during the regular season - this will be my first "eyes on" either team - Friday night , no work tomorrow other than MORE hoops to see LOL - a good night to make the 1 hr 45 minute drive to Latham ... game rundown will be late as I won't make it back to Logan until 10:30ish ... be safe out there everyone !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd in the house at Western Pike … what a nice gymnasium!!! OU green everywhere - love it here …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Attachments
08F065E2-9F37-4CDB-8160-CBE92FEBEA77.jpeg

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I have home teams at (34-3)

Lone wins by Hillsboro, Portsmouth and Circleville

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:05 pm I have home teams at (34-3)

Gotta have neutral courts in the post season ... the great seasons - gets you the higher seed, should get you that choice WHERE to play but it should be where both teams have to deal with changes in their routines/the travel etc. imo ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:36 am

Gotta have neutral courts in the post season ... the great seasons - gets you the higher seed, should get you that choice WHERE to play but it should be where both teams have to deal with changes in their routines/the travel etc. imo ...
... are you traveling to Fairland tonight to cover the Nelsonville York @ Fairland game?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... short drive tonight ! the Pfloyd Post Season Tour hits the backroads of Hocking & Perry counties - New Lexington hosting the Ironton Tigers ... the 19-4 Panthers of NL taking on the 17-6 Tigers of I'town ... should be a good one with the winner taking on the survivor of the Washington CH/Warren game tonight ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:49 pm ... short drive tonight ! the Pfloyd Post Season Tour hits the backroads of Hocking & Perry counties - New Lexington hosting the Ironton Tigers ... the 19-4 Panthers of NL taking on the 17-6 Tigers of I'town ... should be a good one with the winner taking on the survivor of the Washington CH/Warren game tonight ...
Very interesting match-up. A game you don't see very often given the league difference and Itown normally being DIII.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... almost time to hit the road in a 1/2 hour or so, it's been a minute since I've been to NL ... the bambi gauntlet tonight ... safe travels to all traveling tonight, especially for the I'town fans travelling up Rt. 93 this evening ... safe travels everyone ... game rundown late tonight ... regroup and heading for Gallia Academy vs Circleville in the French City tomorrow early afternoon !!! great weekend kicking off the Road to the Convo & Basketball :30 ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:36 am

I agree 100% on the neutral court. Home team advantage is real. Also I still loved the sectionals at a neutral site for all games. Fans from leagues get to pull for their teams and get to watch their league do well. Also you get to see multiple games. Southeast is not the big city and the travel for some southeastern teams is ridiculous.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Will the schools hosting the district semis clear the gym between games?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I think I’ve found one place in SEO where nobody knows pfloyd 😆

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:32 pm I think I’ve found one place in SEO where nobody knows pfloyd 😆
You won't be bothered writing those napkin stats.Bet you won't find twizzlers either.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:35 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:32 pm I think I’ve found one place in SEO where nobody knows pfloyd 😆
You won't be bothered writing those napkin stats.Bet you won't find twizzlers either.
... pfloyd ALWAYS "backpacks in" Twizzlers Hoopie74!!! :lol: ... yep, went an entire game without "anyone knowing me" - something to be said for anonymity I guess ...

... getting ready to head for Gallipolis for the Gallia Academy vs Circleville D2 final sectional game/Sectional Championship - winner gets a trip to Southeastern High School to take on Coach Shaeffer/Coach Helber's Fairfield Union ball club who put a strangling defensive performance on the Marietta Tigers last night getting a 47-30 win to move on to the District Semi's at SE High School Wednesday night ... If I were a betting man, and knowing that the FU coaching staff breaks down their opponents as well as anyone in their game prep - the FU staff will be in the French City this afternoon for this one ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… pfloyd in the house … French City … Gallia Academy vs Circleville tipping off at 2:00 pm … winner gets Fairfield Union @ Southeastern High School Wednesday in the D2 District Semi- final …
Attachments
B1327F44-5D2A-4912-BF86-C53DC0EF62C0.jpeg

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:24 am
Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:35 pm
... pfloyd ALWAYS "backpacks in" Twizzlers Hoopie74!!! :lol: ... yep, went an entire game without "anyone knowing me" - something to be said for anonymity I guess ...

... getting ready to head for Gallipolis for the Gallia Academy vs Circleville D2 final sectional game/Sectional Championship - winner gets a trip to Southeastern High School to take on Coach Shaeffer/Coach Helber's Fairfield Union ball club who put a strangling defensive performance on the Marietta Tigers last night getting a 47-30 win to move on to the District Semi's at SE High School Wednesday night ... If I were a betting man, and knowing that the FU coaching staff breaks down their opponents as well as anyone in their game prep - the FU staff will be in the French City this afternoon for this one ...
Pfloyd, yes Fairfield Union plays a physical tough defense. Did a great job vs. Marietta last night in the 4th period. Perspective: 1. Home court. 2. AJ Graham injured missed last 3 games including this game. 3. Best player sick (2 points). 4. FU shot 23 foul shots to Marietta’s 2 FTs. Game was close near midway into the 4th quarter. Having said all of that, I think the better team won. But notwithstanding these factors, they are nearly evenly matched.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

This is the week every year that I look forward to most.The cream rises to the top .

Return to “Boys Basketball”