The Road to the Convo - Basketball :30 continues ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

The Road to the Convo - Basketball :30 continues ...

Post by pfloyd »

Sectional Finals are all in the books following the Sunday Afternoon Matinee at Gallia Academy were the Blue Devils took care of "bidness" ousting Circleville 51-34 ... District semi final action tips off

Monday 2/27 with D4 games in Piketon and Athens :

Piketon HS:

6:15pm ... Fairfield Leesburg vs Western Pike
8:00pm ... Paint Valley vs Green

Athens HS:

6:15pm ... Federal Hocking vs Eastern Pike
8:00pm ... South Webster vs Portsmouth Notre Dame

... winners will punch their Golden Tickets to Basketball :30 at the Convo on Thursday evening in the District Finals beginning at 6:15pm and 8:00pm

Tuesday 2/28 ... D3 District Semi Final Action ...

Waverly HS :

6:15pm ... Minford vs Lynchburg Clay
8:00pm ... North Adams vs Lucasville Valley

... winners will play at the Convo on Sunday 3/5 at 4:00pm District Finals

Jackson High School :

7:00pm ... Zane Trace vs Wheelersburg

3/1 Wednesday ... at Ironton HS

7pm ... Fairland vs South Point

... winners will play at the Convo on Sunday 3/5 at 6:00 pm

Wednesday 3/1 ... D2 District Semi Final Action ...

Southeastern High School

6:15pm Washington CH vs New Lexington
8:00pm Fairfield Union vs Gallia Academy

... winners will play at the Convo on Sunday 3/5 at 2:00pm in District Finals
Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: The Road to the Convo - Basketball :30 continues ...

Post by pfloyd »

I THINK this is correct ... let me know if you see mistakes - I will edit it ...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

This was on Twitter:

SCHEDULE CHANGES:
BOYS' Division III District Basketball
Wheelersburg vs. Zane Trace will now be played at 7:00 PM at Jackson HS on Tuesday, 2/28/23.
Fairland vs. South Point will now be played on Wednesday, 3/1/23, at Ironton HS at 7:00 PM. ohsaa.org/tickets

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

WE should ALL be going to the Convo at this juncture for District play D2, D3, D4 ... we should not be traveling all over creation at this point ... sorry for the rant LOL ...

... not sure pfloyd will be heading to D4 games Monday night - we'll have to see ... I have CT scans, blood draws, oncologist appointment tomorrow in C'bus at OSU The James ... hoping for continued N.E.D. results so I can continue to move around SEOhio for another year of hoops action in 2023-24 ... this week has been great- lots of traveling to see games in Fairland, Warren, Western Pike, New Lexington ending today in Gallipolis ... I've run out of basketball games, Cheap Seats to hide from reality ... next trip is to C'bus Monday ... if you would, throw up a good work to the Head Coach for pfloyd to get more playing time if you would - thank you...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

smurray wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:59 pm This was on Twitter:

SCHEDULE CHANGES:
BOYS' Division III District Basketball
Wheelersburg vs. Zane Trace will now be played at 7:00 PM at Jackson HS on Tuesday, 2/28/23.
Fairland vs. South Point will now be played on Wednesday, 3/1/23, at Ironton HS at 7:00 PM. ohsaa.org/tickets
Thank you smurray for the info ... unbelievable ... again if the district games - semi's and finals are at the Convo this bs doesn't happen ...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:59 pm WE should ALL be going to the Convo at this juncture for District play D2, D3, D4 ... we should not be traveling all over creation at this point ... sorry for the rant LOL ...

... not sure pfloyd will be heading to D4 games Monday night - we'll have to see ... I have CT scans, blood draws, oncologist appointment tomorrow in C'bus at OSU The James ... hoping for continued N.E.D. results so I can continue to move around SEOhio for another year of hoops action in 2023-24 ... this week has been great- lots of traveling to see games in Fairland, Warren, Western Pike, New Lexington ending today in Gallipolis ... I've run out of basketball games, Cheap Seats to hide from reality ... next trip is to C'bus Monday ... if you would, throw up a good work to the Head Coach for pfloyd to get more playing time if you would - thank you...

I agree!! This is crazy what the OHSAA is doing by sending these teams all over the place. They are doing the same thing to the girls. I’m sure they have some BS reason and that’s all it is BS!!!

Good luck to all of the remaining Souteastern teams left in the tourney!! Lot of good matchups this week!!

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

I know everyone would love to have the District Semis and Finals at the Convo, but the schedule would not allow it this year. I know that the District Board looked at a variety of opportunities to have the semis and finals at the Convo.

The best situation possible has been made. The South Point/Fairland Game was moved to Wednesday so that fans of Fairland were not split between going to the Girls or Boys Game.

If anyone was at Southeastern, Waverly, or Wellston last year...those atmospheres were incredible. There were will incredible atmospheres early this week for the Semis before we get to be at the Convo on Thursday and Sunday!!

Let's be happy that we are able to have the District Finals at the Convo this year!!

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Hate to Say it, but eventually the Convo will be Out entirely for the SE District games. It all comes down to $$$$
High School facilities are a lot cheaper to "RENT" for Tournament games then the Convo is. I am not sure the Facility fees for the Convo but they are much higher than a $900-$1000 a high school gets. Now that OHSAA is in charge of paying these fees they will make it harder to justify and pay for the Convo.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

socfan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:32 pm I know everyone would love to have the District Semis and Finals at the Convo, but the schedule would not allow it this year. I know that the District Board looked at a variety of opportunities to have the semis and finals at the Convo.

The best situation possible has been made. The South Point/Fairland Game was moved to Wednesday so that fans of Fairland were not split between going to the Girls or Boys Game.

If anyone was at Southeastern, Waverly, or Wellston last year...those atmospheres were incredible. There were will incredible atmospheres early this week for the Semis before we get to be at the Convo on Thursday and Sunday!!

Let's be happy that we are able to have the District Finals at the Convo this year!!
... I totally GET the reasoning behind the decisions ... I have also talked to coaches all over Southern/Southeastern Ohio - as good as the atmospheres were at SE, Waverly, Wellston ( I was at all of them - heck even watched the first game at SE, then flew down Rt 23 to Waverly to take in the 3X OT game between Alexander and Fairland) ... the Convo as THE destination for district play is a memory /opportunity that can not be substituted in by "a high school" gymnasium ... I appreciate all efforts by the SEOAB to get back to the Convo for all district play ... I'm a realist - THAT probably won't happen any time soon unfortunately for the athletes Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

No matter where they’re played it’s high school hoops … I look forward to ALL of the games this next 2 weeks for district and regional play … games almost nightly !!! Pfloyd loves it!!! … hope to see many of you courtside … as always safe travels …

… would love to get another SEO team to the Show in Dayton … enjoyed following Waverly and their fans last season …

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Two scioto county teams that are roughly 25 minutes from each other… driving to Athens… but not the convo.

Make it make sense. Is it basketball:15?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Personally, I like the district games in the HS gyms, looks like I am pretty much alone in that regard 😂

ND and Webster should ask the district board to have the game moved to Valley or NW and keep the game in Scioto County. Less travel and a huge crowd would be at the game

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

HERO wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:05 am Personally, I like the district games in the HS gyms, looks like I am pretty much alone in that regard 😂

ND and Webster should ask the district board to have the game moved to Valley or NW and keep the game in Scioto County. Less travel and a huge crowd would be at the game
I agree, the atmosphere is so much better in HS gyms. I was fortunate enough to play at the Convo three straight years. With that being said it's like a scrimmage game to me. The crowd is all above you and the sound goes up. I would have personally rather played at Waverly Downtown gym.... That's just my opinion on it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

SW vs ND at Athens H.S. is pretty silly I must admit.
And you can't even come early & watch Fed/Beaver unless you buy 2 tickets. And don't forget to bring $3 to park.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Happy2bhere wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:23 am
HERO wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:05 am Personally, I like the district games in the HS gyms, looks like I am pretty much alone in that regard 😂

I agree, the atmosphere is so much better in HS gyms. I was fortunate enough to play at the Convo three straight years. With that being said it's like a scrimmage game to me. The crowd is all above you and the sound goes up. I would have personally rather played at Waverly Downtown gym.... That's just my opinion on it.
Add me to the list. The Districts at Wellston last year were fun. The host school did a geat job. I agree with the convo feeling like a scrimmage. The court is very quite for a player compared to the atmosphere they are accustomed. The fans are far removed and dispersed all around the place which dampens the high school spirit feeling. The games at the convo makes me recall the few years the Football HS Championships were held at The Horseshoe.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:17 am SW vs ND at Athens H.S. is pretty silly I must admit.
And you can't even come early & watch Fed/Beaver unless you buy 2 tickets. And don't forget to bring $3 to park.
It better be Sheisty personally shaking me down for these prices

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:43 pm No matter where they’re played it’s high school hoops … I look forward to ALL of the games this next 2 weeks for district and regional play … games almost nightly !!! Pfloyd loves it!!! … hope to see many of you courtside … as always safe travels …

… would love to get another SEO team to the Show in Dayton … enjoyed following Waverly and their fans last season …
The youngest boy and I will be taking in the semifinal games at Southeastern on Wednesday. Can’t miss an opportunity to watch WCH vs NL, followed by FU vs GA. Our oldest boy is highly disappointed that he cannot come due to AAU practice. Hopefully FU makes it to the Convo Sunday and he can take in that game/atmosphere.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:17 am SW vs ND at Athens H.S. is pretty silly I must admit.
We bought two tickets for the Girls District final last Friday at Southeastern and they didnt clear the gym. And they apologized for it. Its dumb. Charge for two games on one ticket then and be done with it. It makes no sense for anyone to clear a gym and start over. The PA guy at SE asked that anyone from the first game sitting down front please allow for the incoming fans to get first dibs and move up somewhere else and most did. I know not every experience will be like that but it could work and save from having to leave and come back in

Live Like A Champion!
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:03 am
It better be Sheisty personally shaking me down for these prices
What do you expect, they gotta pay for those “meetings” held in exotic locations somehow. Plus all the perks for the OHSAA stiffs who get the best seats only to sit on their hands at the final four games. All that food and beverages they get ain’t exactly free.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Going to be some good ones

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Boys Basketball”