Who wins Wheelersburg-Zane Trace?

petesweaty
All Conference

Who wins Wheelersburg-Zane Trace?

Post by petesweaty »

They played in December and ZT pulled out a 47-44 win after trailing late.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Who wins Wheelersburg-Zane Trace?

Post by Ironman92 »

I think playing before benefits Burg

Longtimer
Waterboy

Post by Longtimer »

How did Ream do against Rock Hill ? Very nice player for sure !!! How did he do in the 1st Burg matchup ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... my Ouija Board says The Burg is the Word ... but Ream has played really really well late in the season .. so my Ouija Board is pretty old too ...

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think Zane Trace has the best player in Ream, but I think Wheelersburg has the better Team. I wasn’t even trying to be corny while typing this :lol:

Could go either way. Two very solid teams that will give South Point / Fairland winner everything they want and more in the district final.

Give me Burg by 5.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

About a month ago, I would have said Wheelersburg. But, Zane Trace has seemingly fixed their mid season issues and have been playing well.

I’ll take the Pioneers in a close one

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

This is a very good #3 vs #6 matchup. Having seen both teams late in February I will give a solid edge to Zane Trace. I think ZT has a legit go-to guy in Ream. But of course I'm a little bias since I'm a SVC guy. ZT is long and their half court half-court trap is very good. The one advantage for Wheelersburg is the pressure is on ZT. Burg can play loose and let thing fly. Zane Trace is the #3 seed but Burg usually thrives in the underdog role so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Best of luck to both teams.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Interesting Match-up. Burg contained ZT's best player at Burg. But Burg's gym is confining so its hard for a player like ream, to have solid dribble drives.

ZT also has big guys that can keep Burg's interior off the boards which Burg is probably the best in SOC in that category.

Burg should get more points this time around, their dribble drive and motion offense is hard to stop if they hit outside shots.

Ill go with Burg if they can hit their three point shot, if they struggle there, I can see ZT moving on

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Does Jackson have a Hudl camera that will show the game?

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Hey Everyone, just a heads up BMG Media will be carrying this game tomorrow night. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/@bmgmedia9882/streams

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Zane Trace wins comfortably.....

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Toss up game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Should be a great matchup, I'll take the Pirates in a close one.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bozo wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:11 am Does Jackson have a Hudl camera that will show the game?
If it’s on anything from Jackson it would be JHS Media on YouTube…doubt they are

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

This game will be live on BMG Media. Facebook and YouTube stream.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

I’ve watch a lot of ZT games is year and the key is to get physical with their young guards. They don’t like the pressure or Physicality but most nights they get a pass because teams are worried about doubling Ream. Also they lack depth especially down low (3rd big out for the season with injury) They play 6 most nights. I feel like on a bigger court they can be ran on and they definitely can’t afford to get in foul trouble. With that being said Ream is really good and can be hard to stop when he gets going. Robinson and Stonerock are loads down low and their guards can step up and hit the wide open 3. If ZT stays out of foul trouble they win in a close one.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

I'll go with Burg, nothing against the December results but having seen Burg in December and seeing them a few other times later in the year probably one of the more improved teams in the area. ZT is a quality team but I haven't seen them later in the season should be a good game but I'll take Burg by 5

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck to both teams, should be a good game.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg did a good job once again on ream. But they weren’t good behind the arc which they needed to be. Inside scoring is tough to get against trace. Good luck to the
Pioneers moving forward

Return to “Boys Basketball”