Federal Hocking vs Notre Dame

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Fed Hock vs Notre Dame

Post by 93Bulldog »

Did somebody actually say people can't get over the fact a little ol private school made it to the district finals? 75% of district finals, regional finals and state tournaments in Ohio are almost always "little ol private schools" lol

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Notre Dame is not your typical private school like the ones in Columbus, Cincinnati or Cleveland.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

Are we gonna talk about the actual game play, or not?

Because unless Fed Hock allows ND to dictate the pace of the game, ND gets knocked off this round.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Let’s talk about basketball, y’all.

I don’t think This game will be as good as the Distict Semis. I’ll take Fed Hock by 12, but I hope I’m wrong!

Best wishes to ND boys and girls. Represent Scioto County well!

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Need to change the name on the thread to nothing to do with fed hock v. Notre dame

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Stan Smith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:32 am Need to change the name on the thread to nothing to do with fed hock v. Notre dame
Switching time of the Fed Hock vs ND game has nothing do with Fed Hock or ND? Hmmmmm ok

But yes, feel free to discuss the match up if you like. We all know the OHSAA rarely gets anything right or makes smart decisions so its pointless to discuss time of game anymore.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

GoIrish wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:27 am Are we gonna talk about the actual game play, or not?

Because unless Fed Hock allows ND to dictate the pace of the game, ND gets knocked off this round.
I’m going to talk about both. No worries for the ND folks wanting to make both games because the boys game will be over by halftime. Lancers will dominate. So go watch the boys first quarter, maybe a bit of the second quarter if you actually think ND might make a run, and then head to Picktown knowing that you didn’t miss anything other than the end of a blowout in the boys game. See, problem solved. I’m sure the SEDAB folks agree with this and that’s the reason they made the change.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:00 am Notre Dame is not your typical private school like the ones in Columbus, Cincinnati or Cleveland.
Notre Dame is a 19-5 team, private school in Portsmouth, Oh, a town big enough to have not 1 high school, but 3.The Titans front court is bigger than most teams in the entire district regardless of division.

Federal Hocking is a tiny school in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have a player over 6'3. It's not a 1 stop light town, it's a 0 stop lights. There are more cows in the pasture overlooking the baseball field than there are fans in the spring. So to pass ND off as some kinda underdog is silly.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:50 am
Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:00 am Notre Dame is not your typical private school like the ones in Columbus, Cincinnati or Cleveland.
Notre Dame is a 19-5 team, private school in Portsmouth, Oh, a town big enough to have not 1 high school, but 3.The Titans front court is bigger than most teams in the entire district regardless of division.

Federal Hocking is a tiny school in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have a player over 6'3. It's not a 1 stop light town, it's a 0 stop lights. There are more cows in the pasture overlooking the baseball field than there are fans in the spring. So to pass ND off as some kinda underdog is silly.
I realize Stewart isn’t Portsmouth town wise, but to act like ND is some powerhouse from a big city is laughable

You are right about one thing, not too many cows in Portsmouth

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

HERO wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:56 am
93Bulldog wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:50 am

I realize Stewart isn’t Portsmouth town wise, but to act like ND is some powerhouse from a big city is laughable

You are right about one thing, not too many cows in Portsmouth
No cows in Portsmouth, but has a stench that rivals cow plops. Can’t wait to show you what them boys from Stewart can do. It’s going to be akin to a cattle stampede in my estimation.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think it all comes down to 3 things....

1.) Can Notre Dame handle the pressure that Fed Hock brings?
2.) Can Fed Hock consistently get inside the zone to get the shots they want?
3.) Can Fed Hock keep Notre Dame bigs out of the paint and off the glass?

I like Fed Hock here. I think their quickness will bother Notre Dame and the shifty-ness of Cottrill will be able to cause problems for Notre Dame's zone.

Fed Hock 52
Notre Dame 38

Watching SE Ohio basketball
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:16 am I think it all comes down to 3 things....

I like Fed Hock here. I think their quickness will bother Notre Dame and the shifty-ness of Cottrill will be able to cause problems for Notre Dame's zone.

Fed Hock 52
Notre Dame 38
Webster had quick guards who were unable to penetrate the zone. It's pretty darn good, I will admit. I was impressed with their D.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:19 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:16 am I think it all comes down to 3 things....

Fed Hock 52
Notre Dame 38
Webster had quick guards who were unable to penetrate the zone. It's pretty darn good, I will admit. I was impressed with their D.
Federal Hocking has one thing Webster doesn't have though: PLAYMAKER at the guard position. Webster struggled all year with playmaking from the guard position. Cottrill is definitely just that. South Webster also couldn't throw it in the ocean, and I think Fed Hock shoots it a little more consistently from the outside. I look for Cottrill to penetrate the zone often and find shooters on the outside. Then it just comes down to --- can the players knock down shots at the Convo? Some teams do, some teams don't!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ain't that the truth. First games at the Convo sometimes comes down to who can adjust the best. It really is a great matchup Thursday of contrasting styles, should be a lot of fun. Tempo will be key, who can make the other play their game.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree bbjunky81 and 93bullsog, a playmaker guard will make a big difference against ND. If he can get penetration and get open looks, they will win. If ND can stop him and get their big guys to dominate the paint then ND has a chance. Floor size will be a factor. If Fed hocking shoots the ball well, ND will be in trouble.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

transplant wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:54 am I agree bbjunky81 and 93bullsog, a playmaker guard will make a big difference against ND. If he can get penetration and get open looks, they will win. If ND can stop him and get their big guys to dominate the paint then ND has a chance. Floor size will be a factor. If Fed hocking shoots the ball well, ND will be in trouble.
One soft spot in the 2-3 is the player flashing to the middle - and Caden Chapman might be the best spot up shooter from 15ft that I've seen in awhile. Tariq is the POY in the TVC, but Chapman might be the most valuable in a game like this.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

I gotta go with the country folk to win this. Way better places to drink on dirt bike trails makes these Stewart boys a breed tougher. Plus i heard these boys will bust out the spotlight and the shotgun the night before the team meal. To me thats the kinda athlete i want on the floor. Them city punks cant hang with that.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Connie Lingus
Waterboy

Re: Fed Hock vs Notre Dame - time change

Post by Connie Lingus »

Super trooper wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:50 pm The people at notre dame feel so entitled
Hey! Go easy on Riverballfan1. He is about to become the next Head Football Coach at Notre Dame.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fed Hock is 100% the favorite. Maybe more cows but almost a 90 minute closer trip.

How many ND rotation players have been at ND since junior high? How many rotation players have moved in or transferred in during high school?……and to be fair, same questions to Fed Hock?

Fed Hock by 10

Connie Lingus
Waterboy

Re: Fed Hock vs Notre Dame - time change

Post by Connie Lingus »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:34 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:24 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:26 pm I mean, does it really matter? I agree it won’t mean they make the girls game, but I’d much prefer the early game on a school night. So what’s the issue?
It kinda matters to some. A lot of info and advertisement has already been put out. I know we have to go back in and change promos already recorded. Maybe not even be able to do the game since Coach Jeff Boals show is Thur at 6:00. Trying to get our AM station free so we can at least put it on something. I mean, if it were a valid reason to change I get it, no big deal. But not one person from ND is going to be able to watch both games Thur, that's just a fact, so why move it?
For the first time in a decade of SEOPS, I find myself agreeing with 93Bulldog.

Revert the game back to its original time. :mrgreen:
He is easy to get along with as long as you say nothing negative about Trimble or their Hall of Fame basketball coach.

Return to “Boys Basketball”