Federal Hocking vs Notre Dame

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Federal Hocking vs Notre Dame

Post by 93Bulldog »

The game is at 6:15 now.

I guess Notre Dame admin feels like they can attend both the boys district game at 6:15 and girls regional at 8 in Pickerington, which is utterly ridiculous. Look at Google maps, you're not making both.
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Fed Hock vs Notre Dame - time change

Post by bbjunky81 »

I mean, does it really matter? I agree it won’t mean they make the girls game, but I’d much prefer the early game on a school night. So what’s the issue?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:20 pm The game is at 6:15 now.

I guess Notre Dame admin feels like they can attend both the boys district game at 6:15 and girls regional at 8 in Pickerington, which is utterly ridiculous. Look at Google maps, you're not making both.
The whole process of leaving the Convo, and getting into the stands at North, is probably 1:20 instead of the simple “1:07” that the maps suggest, too.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

The people at notre dame feel so entitled

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:26 pm I mean, does it really matter? I agree it won’t mean they make the girls game, but I’d much prefer the early game on a school night. So what’s the issue?
It kinda matters to some. A lot of info and advertisement has already been put out. I know we have to go back in and change promos already recorded. Maybe not even be able to do the game since Coach Jeff Boals show is Thur at 6:00. Trying to get our AM station free so we can at least put it on something. I mean, if it were a valid reason to change I get it, no big deal. But not one person from ND is going to be able to watch both games Thur, that's just a fact, so why move it?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They could catch the 2nd half of the boys game.

Usually a chance makes it fairly easy to catch all of both games, this isn’t that

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:24 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:26 pm I mean, does it really matter? I agree it won’t mean they make the girls game, but I’d much prefer the early game on a school night. So what’s the issue?
It kinda matters to some. A lot of info and advertisement has already been put out. I know we have to go back in and change promos already recorded. Maybe not even be able to do the game since Coach Jeff Boals show is Thur at 6:00. Trying to get our AM station free so we can at least put it on something. I mean, if it were a valid reason to change I get it, no big deal. But not one person from ND is going to be able to watch both games Thur, that's just a fact, so why move it?
For the first time in a decade of SEOPS, I find myself agreeing with 93Bulldog.

Revert the game back to its original time. :mrgreen:

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Didn’t they change the burg boys game and the fairland games because their girls were scheduled to play at the same time? So it’s not just ND. Just because it may be an inconvenience to some adults it’s about the KIDS. Im sure the kids would want their parents/fans to see them play the CONVO or in the regional semifinals instead of having the fans or parents chose. It’s about the KIdS

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hoopster98 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:03 pm Didn’t they change the burg boys game and the fairland games because their girls were scheduled to play at the same time? So it’s not just ND. Just because it may be an inconvenience to some adults it’s about the KIDS. Im sure the kids would want their parents/fans to see them play the CONVO or in the regional semifinals instead of having the fans or parents chose. It’s about the KIdS
THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO WATCH BOTH REGARDLESS OF CHANGING TIME, THAT'S MY POINT.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hoopster98 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:03 pm Didn’t they change the burg boys game and the fairland games because their girls were scheduled to play at the same time? So it’s not just ND. Just because it may be an inconvenience to some adults it’s about the KIDS. Im sure the kids would want their parents/fans to see them play the CONVO or in the regional semifinals instead of having the fans or parents chose. It’s about the KIdS
The boys game could end around 7:45, if in fact it's quick. How the f*** you going to get to Pickerington, Ohio in 30 minutes?

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

You never know. Atlease they are presenting them with the opportunity

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

You bunch of crybabies!!!!

You ever though for one minute that maybe there are parents that have to choose between which kid to go watch???? Yeah they are not gonna be able to watch both FULL basketball games but just maybe they can make the second half of the girls game now to watch their daughter after watching their son. I know several parents from ND are thankful they can catch some action at both regardless of what the crybabies think that have no dog in the fight.

And yes they change times regularly if it causes a conflict with a school.

Keep hating!!

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Oh my!!!! South Point/Fairland game tonight moved til tomorrow due to interfering with Fairland girls game!!! Does Fairland feel entitled??? Asking for the dipstick that thinks ND feels entitled???

I’m sure Convo games couldn’t be moved due to OU women’s play there Friday and the OU men’s playing there Saturday!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Yeah, I really just don’t see the big deal. I apologize it makes a little more work for a local radio station, that stinks. But this sounds like the best the SE District could do with OU mens and women teams playing Friday and Saturday at the Convo.

It’s not perfect. Heck, it’s not even great. But it’s something, and something is better than nothing. If the game is over fairly fast they can potentially make the second half, compared to zero chance at all if the game wasn’t moved.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

So the Federal Hocking vs Norte Dame and Green vs Fairfield games have switched time slots on Thursday?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I live in Athens, been to Pickerington many of times, nobody is making both games. You may drive another hour away from Portsmouth to catch 1 quarter (if you're lucky). Good luck and please stop saying "it's for the kids". Telling kids to basically drive 80mph up a highway just to catch the last few min a girls basketball game is about the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:04 pm Yeah, I really just don’t see the big deal. I apologize it makes a little more work for a local radio station, that stinks. But this sounds like the best the SE District could do with OU mens and women teams playing Friday and Saturday at the Convo.

It’s not perfect. Heck, it’s not even great. But it’s something, and something is better than nothing. If the game is over fairly fast they can potentially make the second half, compared to zero chance at all if the game wasn’t moved.
If there was no other way and they had to play the same night - and ND is the team in question - why wouldn't you push for the girls game to be be moved up? Girls games tend to run a little quicker and at least you'd be coming back towards Portsmouth if you started the night at Pick.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Fed Hock vs Notre Dame

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The first game at the convo likely won’t be entirely finished until 7:50ish by the time trophies and awards and all that is done. If it’s a close game that gets grinded out with fouls and time outs, it’ll be 8. ND fans will just have to choose, but be happy to have that problem I guess. I’ll be at the house

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:03 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:04 pm Yeah, I really just don’t see the big deal. I apologize it makes a little more work for a local radio station, that stinks. But this sounds like the best the SE District could do with OU mens and women teams playing Friday and Saturday at the Convo.

If there was no other way and they had to play the same night - and ND is the team in question - why wouldn't you push for the girls game to be be moved up? Girls games tend to run a little quicker and at least you'd be coming back towards Portsmouth if you started the night at Pick.

That’s a fair question but maybe ND did push for the girls game to be switched. Or maybe they just presented the issue to OHSAA and this was the only option that was given?? I would say ND might have been pushing to move nights all together since they have an boys assistant coach that has a son playing and a daughter that’s a senior that plays on the girls team along with other parents that has kids that play on both. Maybe it was, ND this is best we can do cause we can’t move the girls date because regional finals are Saturday and we can’t move the boys date cause on Convos right schedule.
It could also be as simple as not wanting to play at the same time so each team could still not miss the others game by watching it on their phones, iPads since you can catch about any game on YouTube.. Cause I am pretty confident that on the bus ride back home win or lose the boys team will be watching. Just like I’m sure the girls will be doing the same before their game. Kind of hard for either to watch when they are on court at the same time.
I am also sure it was ran by FH, Green and Fairfield before a final call was made to switch times.
And everyone needs quit making it out be that ND thinks they can drive to watch both games… cause I’m sure there is not gonna be a bunch of kids driving 80 mph to get to Pickerington. But some parents that have kids on both might at least to catch a quarter or two.

Move on people get over the fact that a little old private Catholic school made it to the district finals when not too many thought they would.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BillyBob21 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:42 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:03 pm

That’s a fair question but maybe ND did push for the girls game to be switched. Or maybe they just presented the issue to OHSAA and this was the only option that was given?? I would say ND might have been pushing to move nights all together since they have an boys assistant coach that has a son playing and a daughter that’s a senior that plays on the girls team along with other parents that has kids that play on both.
It should be noted that the girls’ regional wasn’t going to be very flexible on date changing for this situation. All of the parties know of this conflict, what, 48-56 hours before the scheduled tip? It’s too tight of a window to make much change outside of flip-flopping either the girls’ or boys’ times. Which, still brings us to the same dilemma (more or less.)

Pick North, this week, is slated to host postseason games on Tuesday (boys’ district semifinal), Thursday (girls’ reg-semi) and Saturday. Wednesday is open, but their boys are playing (at a neutral site) Wednesday. Plus, if you move the ND game to Wednesday you’re either moving the other girls’ semi to Wednesday as well… or, you’re playing that semi on Thursday at a school that would then be hosting three straight nights in a row. (Plus, moving a game a day up on ~24 hours notice?) And Friday is also eliminated because 1) OHSAA isn’t going to ad hoc change regional semi and final to run on back-to-back nights (not for basketball) and 2) Berlin Hiland would also be in the same boat that ND was in, as the boys’ East District final is Friday night.

Return to “Boys Basketball”