Federal Hocking vs Notre Dame

Connie Lingus
Waterboy

Re: Fed Hock vs Notre Dame - time change

Post by Connie Lingus »

BillyBob21 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:32 pm You bunch of crybabies!!!!

You ever though for one minute that maybe there are parents that have to choose between which kid to go watch???? Yeah they are not gonna be able to watch both FULL basketball games but just maybe they can make the second half of the girls game now to watch their daughter after watching their son. I know several parents from ND are thankful they can catch some action at both regardless of what the crybabies think that have no dog in the fight.

And yes they change times regularly if it causes a conflict with a school.

Keep hating!!
This is simple logic guys. Give the state a break. They know that ND is gonna beat the brakes off of Fed Hock. The fans can leave at halftime once the game has been decided and watch the whole girls game. Everybody wins. ND fans are happy because they can see both games. FH fans are happy because the crowd that sees the end of their season will be cut in half at the end.

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Fed Hock vs Notre Dame

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:38 am Fed Hock is 100% the favorite. Maybe more cows but almost a 90 minute closer trip.

How many ND rotation players have been at ND since junior high? How many rotation players have moved in or transferred in during high school?……and to be fair, same questions to Fed Hock?

Fed Hock by 10
Notre Dame leading scorer and IMO best player is Metzler, moved in from Valley his sophomore year. Good player. The other main rotation guys I'm pretty sure have been there along time, if not their entire life.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:16 am
transplant wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:54 am I agree bbjunky81 and 93bullsog, a playmaker guard will make a big difference against ND. If he can get penetration and get open looks, they will win. If ND can stop him and get their big guys to dominate the paint then ND has a chance. Floor size will be a factor. If Fed hocking shoots the ball well, ND will be in trouble.
One soft spot in the 2-3 is the player flashing to the middle - and Caden Chapman might be the best spot up shooter from 15ft that I've seen in awhile. Tariq is the POY in the TVC, but Chapman might be the most valuable in a game like this.
Absolutely agree. Few if any have had an answer for Chapman. By the middle of the first quarter a lot of people will be referring to this game as a track meet. But as I said before, I prefer stampede.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Connie Lingus
Waterboy

Post by Connie Lingus »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:38 am Fed Hock is 100% the favorite. Maybe more cows but almost a 90 minute closer trip.

How many ND rotation players have been at ND since junior high? How many rotation players have moved in or transferred in during high school?……and to be fair, same questions to Fed Hock?

Fed Hock by 10
Fed Hock has that one kid from juvey. Does that count?

Space Between
Waterboy

Post by Space Between »

What a tale of two different playing styles. Fed Hock wants to play fast. ND wants to play slow. If FH can create turnovers that leads to run out layups, they win easily. Have to make it a track meet. If that game gets in the half court and ND sits in that zone, fed hock will have to be hitting those outside shots. They will struggle against the bigs to finish at the rim.

For ND, they have to keep this tempo slow and be able to sit in that zone for 32 minutes. Offensively the guards have to handle pressure and get into those hi-lo sets that Fed Hock cannot guard.

Very hard to make a prediction on this game bc tempo is the key. Who ever controls the tempo wins this game.

NoReply469
Waterboy

Post by NoReply469 »

NOW NOW YOU BOYS BE NICE

Sin respuesta chupa la polla
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:16 am
transplant wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:54 am I agree bbjunky81 and 93bullsog, a playmaker guard will make a big difference against ND. If he can get penetration and get open looks, they will win. If ND can stop him and get their big guys to dominate the paint then ND has a chance. Floor size will be a factor. If Fed hocking shoots the ball well, ND will be in trouble.
One soft spot in the 2-3 is the player flashing to the middle - and Caden Chapman might be the best spot up shooter from 15ft that I've seen in awhile. Tariq is the POY in the TVC, but Chapman might be the most valuable in a game like this.

Agreed. I haven't watch ND enough to know if they are able to play man if the 2-3 isn't working. I'd have to assume that if ND is forced to go man, that's another advantage to Fed hock, with the ability of their PG.

NoReply469
Waterboy

Post by NoReply469 »

I say get in the 3-2. thats a great defense
Or maybe the 1-4-1-1

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Space Between wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:49 am What a tale of two different playing styles. Fed Hock wants to play fast. ND wants to play slow. If FH can create turnovers that leads to run out layups, they win easily. Have to make it a track meet. If that game gets in the half court and ND sits in that zone, fed hock will have to be hitting those outside shots. They will struggle against the bigs to finish at the rim.

For ND, they have to keep this tempo slow and be able to sit in that zone for 32 minutes. Offensively the guards have to handle pressure and get into those hi-lo sets that Fed Hock cannot guard.

Very hard to make a prediction on this game bc tempo is the key. Who ever controls the tempo wins this game.
It’s not going to be a track meet. Rather it’s going to be a stampede.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Connie Lingus
Waterboy

Post by Connie Lingus »

watch your step bud

NoReply469
Waterboy

Post by NoReply469 »

Why are we picking on the women?

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Connie Lingus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:44 am

Fed Hock by 10
Fed Hock has that one kid from juvey. Does that count?
Yeah I’d look out for this and possibly ineligible players if I was ND. That’s the only way Fed hoser beat us last year. So it didn’t even count.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

Fed Hock by 10
Metzler(JR.) moved to ND beginning of sophomore year, Phillips(SO.) moved beginning of 8th grade. All other rotation players are ND lifers.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Leviticus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:59 am

Fed Hock by 10
Metzler(JR.) moved to ND beginning of sophomore year, Phillips(SO.) moved beginning of 8th grade. All other rotation players are ND lifers.
Good luck ND. Beat the Fed Hosers.

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

HERO wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:56 am
93Bulldog wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:50 am
Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:00 am Notre Dame is not your typical private school like the ones in Columbus, Cincinnati or Cleveland.
Notre Dame is a 19-5 team, private school in Portsmouth, Oh, a town big enough to have not 1 high school, but 3.The Titans front court is bigger than most teams in the entire district regardless of division.

Federal Hocking is a tiny school in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have a player over 6'3. It's not a 1 stop light town, it's a 0 stop lights. There are more cows in the pasture overlooking the baseball field than there are fans in the spring. So to pass ND off as some kinda underdog is silly.
I realize Stewart isn’t Portsmouth town wise, but to act like ND is some powerhouse from a big city is laughable

You are right about one thing, not too many cows in Portsmouth
I don’t know dude, I’ve seen plenty of cows in Ptown :lol:

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

LetsRide wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:13 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:50 am

Notre Dame is a 19-5 team, private school in Portsmouth, Oh, a town big enough to have not 1 high school, but 3.The Titans front court is bigger than most teams in the entire district regardless of division.

Federal Hocking is a tiny school in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have a player over 6'3. It's not a 1 stop light town, it's a 0 stop lights. There are more cows in the pasture overlooking the baseball field than there are fans in the spring. So to pass ND off as some kinda underdog is silly.
I realize Stewart isn’t Portsmouth town wise, but to act like ND is some powerhouse from a big city is laughable

That’s not very nice. Probably coming from a guy that can’t get a date. 😂

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:42 am

Fed Hock by 10
Notre Dame leading scorer and IMO best player is Metzler, moved in from Valley his sophomore year. Good player. The other main rotation guys I'm pretty sure have been there along time, if not their entire life.
Thanks….now someone do Fed Hock

Sweater poorly knit
Waterboy

Post by Sweater poorly knit »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:37 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:42 am

Fed Hock by 10
Thanks….now someone do Fed Hock
The Juniors/Seniors have been playing together since youth ball.

100% Organic Farm Fresh Lancers

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:16 pm
LetsRide wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:13 pm

That’s not very nice. Probably coming from a guy that can’t get a date. 😂
I’d be mad but you ain’t lyin 😂

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

If the lancers can lay down and take two charges from Metzler in the first quarter it’ll likely be a blowout. If not, still give me the Hockers by 9

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”