D4 District Final #5 Green vs #1 Leesburg Fairfield

Kurgan74
JV Team

D4 District Final #5 Green vs #1 Leesburg Fairfield

Post by Kurgan74 »

Fairfield is coming off a nail biter Vs Western Pike and Green
pulled the upset over Paint Valley.

What do the Bobcats need to do to spring the upset? Or are the Lions too talented to fall
in the District Final?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: D4 District Final #5 Green vs #1 Leesburg Fairfield

Post by danicalifornia »

Should be a good game. Sampson was wiped out by the physicality of Robertson, so I would think that Fairfield will try to be physical with him since he’s such a gifted scorer.

Knapp needs to be hitting for the Bobcats, but Fairfield also needs to get Mootz some shots from deep.

Fairfield didn’t really like the pressure Western brought, so that could be something Green looks to emulate.

A lot of factors, but I’m going to go with Fairfield by 4.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Green could definitely win especially if they played like they did last game.

I think Fairfield is a touch more disciplined and wins this game by 6-8 range. But it definitely wouldn't shock me if Green won.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

If it comes down to coaching, I take Green. How Fairfield’s coach avoided getting T’d and tossed against Western is beyond me. He definitely needs to do some growing up.

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Will this game be streamed tonight or the ND-Fed Hock matchup?

Sweater poorly knit
Waterboy

Post by Sweater poorly knit »

tigercat1 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:22 pm Will this game be streamed tonight or the ND-Fed Hock matchup?
BMG media covering both games
https://www.youtube.com/live/xzMBHzXQIQM?feature=share

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Thank you!
Sweater poorly knit wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:35 pm
tigercat1 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:22 pm Will this game be streamed tonight or the ND-Fed Hock matchup?
BMG media covering both games
https://www.youtube.com/live/xzMBHzXQIQM?feature=share

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mikepike wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:55 am If it comes down to coaching, I take Green. How Fairfield’s coach avoided getting T’d and tossed against Western is beyond me. He definitely needs to do some growing up.
How many times are you going to post about him? I talked with two others at the game (neither from either team) and all I heard was he got tore up pretty good over one crucial call late. They are 24-0 and held off a tremendously coached Western team. They may lose to Green tonight but the 1st year coach is 24-0 and I think 9-0 after losing the likely DPOY…who they probably could really use during district play.

Refs give coaches technicals all the time….why didn’t they t him up? He’s a first year coach from the far corner of the district….long time and top coaches tend to get away with more.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Fairfield not adjusting to the Convo floor. Doesn't look good for them at the half. 17-12 Green at the half.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Congrats to the Bobcats.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Bobcats !!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Go Bobcats!! Onward and Upward!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congratulations Bobcats. Great season FF. Bad time for a bad shooting night. Good luck at the Regionals Bobcats.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the Bobcats on their District Championship.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Big props to Green! Great tournament run. First district championship since 1997-98?

Great work and best of luck next round!

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:15 pm
mikepike wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:55 am If it comes down to coaching, I take Green. How Fairfield’s coach avoided getting T’d and tossed against Western is beyond me. He definitely needs to do some growing up.
How many times are you going to post about him? I talked with two others at the game (neither from either team) and all I heard was he got tore up pretty good over one crucial call late. They are 24-0 and held off a tremendously coached Western team. They may lose to Green tonight but the 1st year coach is 24-0 and I think 9-0 after losing the likely DPOY…who they probably could really use during district play.

Refs give coaches technicals all the time….why didn’t they t him up? He’s a first year coach from the far corner of the district….long time and top coaches tend to get away with more.
FF coach acts like a big baby needs to grow up. He won't last long like this. Not many people deserve to be yelled at finger in your face like he does. Im all for hard coaching but he is over the top. Looks like a bad AAU coach.
No wonder none of the other coaches respect him and didn't vote him district COY.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

He’s a young coach and will learn to better control his emotions. The kids don’t seem to mind as they play extremely hard and in the two games I watched, the coach wasn’t warned or even looked at sideways by the officials.

I’ll take a young and passionate coach that just took a team with one returned to a 24-1 season over a lot of ones I saw throughout the 90+ games I’ve covered this year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Oh yeah, and congratulations to Green on the W!

They start 3 Levi’s and a pair of McBee’s, so keeping all of that straight alone makes me a fan of Coach King

SOC I was definitely underrated this season as Notre Dame made a strong showing for themselves as well on Thursday

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Congrats Coach King and the Green Bobcats on their District Championship!!!!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:15 pm

I’ve heard coaches and players use foul language during games, but he took the prize as the worst. Granted, I have seen him coach one time, and the scorebook person said he normally isn’t like that. But he needs to grow up.

Return to “Boys Basketball”