Minford vs North Adams

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Minford vs northadams

Post by danicalifornia »

I was wrong. Congrats to the Green Devils!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Minford on an outstanding season.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

North Adams outplayed Minford. Period.

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

Congrats to NA and South Point tonight. Minford falls short on the big stage once again, wish we could just get over ourselves winning the conference and focus on the tourney success.

PineRider
Waterboy

Post by PineRider »

LetsRide wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:39 pm Congrats to NA and South Point tonight. Minford falls short on the big stage once again, wish we could just get over ourselves winning the conference and focus on the tourney success.
Yes, unfortunately they fall short once again. Minford did get outplayed in areas. For example, I seen the backside help defense was just a little late or not there at all. Also down 5 with just a few minutes left, you have to get your team involved. Minford had two forced shots from driving the lane hoping to buy a foul call and a forced 3 by the same kid. Great player, just sometimes tries to do too much. North Adams capitalized on all three errors.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

PineRider wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:07 pm
LetsRide wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:39 pm Congrats to NA and South Point tonight. Minford falls short on the big stage once again, wish we could just get over ourselves winning the conference and focus on the tourney success.
Yes, unfortunately they fall short once again. Minford did get outplayed in areas. For example, I seen the backside help defense was just a little late or not there at all. Also down 5 with just a few minutes left, you have to get your team involved. Minford had two forced shots from driving the lane hoping to buy a foul call and a forced 3 by the same kid. Great player, just sometimes tries to do too much. North Adams capitalized on all three errors.
I think Minford panicked in the last three minutes.

PineRider
Waterboy

Post by PineRider »

Bozo wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:35 pm
Possibly. I don’t think Minford played as a team down the stretch.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:07 am North Adams is quick, scrappy, and can shoot very well at times. Copas is a top 5 guard for the area.

Minford’s starting 5 is really good. Montgomery is probably the best Guard in the area currently. 5 out of their top 6 players have very good range shooting the ball. They’re long and athletic, and can be physical if they want or need to be. One thing that I noticed is against Lynchburg-Clay is they’re up by 20-25 and their coach (Shoemaker) calls a timeout, and their intensity picks up even more after that. That’s pure focus and wanting to finish the game. To me that’s a sign of a really good team that wants to be great.

For the game, I really feel like defensively Minford’s going to get after it. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a very close game at halftime and Minford starts pulling away in the second half. It’ll be interesting to see how both teams adjust to a bigger floor and the backdrop for shooting the ball.

Montgomery was the third best guard in the building tonight...

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Rza1 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:33 am
Jason Vorhees wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:07 am North Adams is quick, scrappy, and can shoot very well at times. Copas is a top 5 guard for the area.

Minford’s starting 5 is really good. Montgomery is probably the best Guard in the area currently. 5 out of their top 6 players have very good range shooting the ball. They’re long and athletic, and can be physical if they want or need to be. One thing that I noticed is against Lynchburg-Clay is they’re up by 20-25 and their coach (Shoemaker) calls a timeout, and their intensity picks up even more after that. That’s pure focus and wanting to finish the game. To me that’s a sign of a really good team that wants to be great.

For the game, I really feel like defensively Minford’s going to get after it. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a very close game at halftime and Minford starts pulling away in the second half. It’ll be interesting to see how both teams adjust to a bigger floor and the backdrop for shooting the ball.

Montgomery was the third best guard in the building tonight...
He really was. Copas was very good from start to finish. His jab step and and first step with the dribble is fast. Really good range. Sometimes I forget that he’s just a junior. Montgomery is only a sophomore and the kid from South Point is an absolute stud.

As far as the Minford/NA game, I think that someone mentioned that Minford panicked down the stretch and felt rushed with their possessions. Kudos to NA for a really good game plan and finishing the game the way they did. They had stretches where they played at a very high intensity level. They a missed the front end of a 1-and-1 and few times but then got defensive stops. I don’t think that this will be the last time we see these teams play each other and the districts. They could certainly see each other next postseason.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Bozo wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:35 pm
Kind of thought the same thing, they hadn't been in that position very often this year and they started shooting some really bad shots. Valley did the same thing against NA, started hitting that panic button and just throwing it up. NA is a very sound team and really when I've seen them these last 2 games it almost looks like controlled chaos. Copas is a super fun kid to watch play and for NA it didn't seem like being at the convo effected their shooting to the level that it did Minford. Last 2 games against Valley and Minford this mismatches have been inside and neither team has exploited that. Great season by Minford I'm sure they'll be back and for NA another near perfect game played to advance on. Good luck next game

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:29 pm
MeanJoeGreene wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:54 am These 2 teams met at the convo back in 2008. North Adams won but it was a highly competitive game. I seem to recall another Copas from the North Adams team that year was just unstoppable in that matchup.
Cory? Maybe Drew?…they could all shoot
You must be thinking about them playing someone else. Drew was 07 i believe. But I found it. It was 05-06 when they played Minford and Drew would have been playing then, Not sure about Cory.

Return to “Boys Basketball”