All Conference

South Point vs. Zane Trace

Post by petesweaty »

It should be a close game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: South Point vs. Zane Trace

Post by Ironman92 »

Should be fun…no one has been tested like South Point in the tournament. Zane Trace has been playing great. Either team could take this one. SP might have to get to the basket more than they want as teams don’t always like the convo shooting.

Pointers 56-48

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Not going to make a prediction, but it should be a close game. Zane Trace just has to consistently score. They sometimes go through dry spells. Also, on defense, they will need to stop penetration because that is what South Point does. Penetrate and kick out for the three pointer. Zane Trace refuses play any zone, so it will come down defense pressure.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Lovely just stuck his head down and drove all night. Very little help and no adjustment. Result 39 points for him.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Congrats to Coach Wise and the Pointers on their District Title!!!!

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Bozo wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:32 pm Lovely just stuck his head down and drove all night. Very little help and no adjustment. Result 39 points for him.
No In game adjustments at all from ZT. Coach K was out coached all game. How you let a kid constantly drive the ball to the hoop and don’t try something different is crazy.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Made the trip to the Convo to take in the final game. My last 35 years in Chillicothe I’ve made good friends with many Zane Trace folks and I haven’t been to the convo in nearly 20 years.

The game was pretty good. Trace didn’t make many adjustments but it looked like South Point was just the better team. Had my 12 year old grandson with me so we watched the medal presentation before leaving. I found it odd and honestly rude that Zane Trace left the court after their runner up medals. Is this common nowadays? If so I think it’s a very bad look. Get your runner up trophy while champs are clapping for you and when it’s their turn you just leave the court? Please tell me this isn’t the normal thing to do now. You have to keep your guys out there at least until the opponent gets their medals.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Ed Ott wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:18 pm Made the trip to the Convo to take in the final game. My last 35 years in Chillicothe I’ve made good friends with many Zane Trace folks and I haven’t been to the convo in nearly 20 years.

The game was pretty good. Trace didn’t make many adjustments but it looked like South Point was just the better team. Had my 12 year old grandson with me so we watched the medal presentation before leaving. I found it odd and honestly rude that Zane Trace left the court after their runner up medals. Is this common nowadays? If so I think it’s a very bad look. Get your runner up trophy while champs are clapping for you and when it’s their turn you just leave the court? Please tell me this isn’t the normal thing to do now. You have to keep your guys out there at least until the opponent gets their medals.
No. That is not the way is is suppose to be.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Yeah I thought that was pretty rude too. They were the only team that did that, and no it's not common for teams to do that.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Seemed like it was Lovely vs ZT and Lovely pulled out the win. To get 2 early fouls and continue to play the minutes he did at the level he stayed at was quite impressive. Congrats to SP, for ZT that's on the coaching staff for having his players leave like that

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

No, it's not common for teams to do that and it was very disrespectful by Zane Trace. You don't have to watch the net cutting. But it's common courtesy to at least sit there while the winning team receives their medals.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:51 am No, it's not common for teams to do that and it was very disrespectful by Zane Trace. You don't have to watch the net cutting. But it's common courtesy to at least sit there while the winning team receives their medals.
Not the first time that has happened by Zane Trace at the Convo.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the South Point Pointers, Coach Wise, and his staff on winning the district championship. Way to represent the OVC. Bring home the regional title while you're at it.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Lovely is a heck of a player. Seemed like he could have went for 50 if he wanted to

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

There is no excuse for ZT to leave the court like they did last night. Lovely played a heck of a game for SP. No help defense of any kind by ZT and they struggled at times putting the ball in the hole.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:17 pm Lovely is a heck of a player. Seemed like he could have went for 50 if he wanted to
And he kinda struggled early to score, which makes the 39 even more impressive.

Gotta make somebody besides Lovely beat you, at least throw some gimmick at him to make him get rid of the ball. But, Lovely was able to get it whenever he wanted without much resistance, which was very strange.

Congrats to the Pointers on the district title!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:48 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:17 pm Lovely is a heck of a player. Seemed like he could have went for 50 if he wanted to
And he kinda struggled early to score, which makes the 39 even more impressive.

Gotta make somebody besides Lovely beat you, at least throw some gimmick at him to make him get rid of the ball. But, Lovely was able to get it whenever he wanted without much resistance, which was very strange.

Congrats to the Pointers on the district title!

He's a stud.. very skilled... big.. Long.. can stroke it.... gets wherever he wants..crafty in the paint... He's a shot maker....never gets too up or down.. nobody's guarded him all year..

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Does Lovely want to play basketball in college? If so, is he getting any looks from anyone? Sounds like a heck of a player.

Return to “Boys Basketball”