D-IV Regional Semi Final — Franklin Furnace Green VS Westerville Northside Christian

Kurgan74
JV Team

D-IV Regional Semi Final — Franklin Furnace Green VS Westerville Northside Christian

Post by Kurgan74 »

The Bobcats will again be the underdogs vs Northside Christian.

I know next to nothing about Northside Christian. I know Green has been playing some smothering defense over the last few games.

Does anyone know much about the Lions from Northside Christian?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: D-IV Regional Semi Final — Franklin Furnace Green VS Westerville Northside Christian

Post by formerfcfan »

Main thing about Northside is their best player is a UVA recruit.

bsee12345
Varsity

Re: D-IV Regional Semi Final — Franklin Furnace Green VS Westerville Northside Christian

Post by bsee12345 »

Yes Northside Christian has a very good player- 6'7 kid that is a sophomore- he has a decent group around him- it will see how Northside Christian is able to play against better competition. Northside has upped it schedule a bit this year but has played mostly very subpar competition. Green has played the better competition but they also are in new territory- not having been to regionals in quite a few years. Should be a interesting game. I would not say Green is the underdog- but they have played that role during the tournament and it work for them.
Northside Christian played 7-17 Newark Catholic in the District Championship and Newark Catholic is very subpar this year- SO....

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I also would not say Green is the underdog. The Central District was very, very down this year as everyone knows. I watched some film on Northside. The 6'7" kid didn't play hard very consistently, but when he did he's obviously very talented. Since it's tournament time I'd imagine he'll be full-go the entire game. Northside has some athletic kids around him but I didn't see a ton of basketball skill. Not BAD, just nobody stood out as having a lot of skill.

Look for Northwise to extend out and try to pressure Green's guards. If Green can handle the pressure and make it in a halfcourt game then I like their odds. If they try to run with Northside then I don't see them winning.

50/50 game IMO.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:06 am I also would not say Green is the underdog. The Central District was very, very down this year as everyone knows. I watched some film on Northside. The 6'7" kid didn't play hard very consistently, but when he did he's obviously very talented. Since it's tournament time I'd imagine he'll be full-go the entire game. Northside has some athletic kids around him but I didn't see a ton of basketball skill. Not BAD, just nobody stood out as having a lot of skill.

Look for Northwise to extend out and try to pressure Green's guards. If Green can handle the pressure and make it in a halfcourt game then I like their odds. If they try to run with Northside then I don't see them winning.

50/50 game IMO.
What game did you watch? Vandenwaker is one of the top 10 players in the state He has scored over 1,000 points and just being a sophomore What is Greens tallest player because I hope he can defend him in the paint Newark Catholic tried double teaming and that didn’t work Also there are a couple other starters that can play , #1 averages 5-6 3pointers a game ,
There a difference between AAU players and Country boys that can play ball

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

14svt wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:37 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:06 am I also would not say Green is the underdog. The Central District was very, very down this year as everyone knows. I watched some film on Northside. The 6'7" kid didn't play hard very consistently, but when he did he's obviously very talented. Since it's tournament time I'd imagine he'll be full-go the entire game. Northside has some athletic kids around him but I didn't see a ton of basketball skill. Not BAD, just nobody stood out as having a lot of skill.

50/50 game IMO.
What game did you watch? Vandenwaker is one of the top 10 players in the state He has scored over 1,000 points and just being a sophomore What is Greens tallest player because I hope he can defend him in the paint Newark Catholic tried double teaming and that didn’t work Also there are a couple other starters that can play , #1 averages 5-6 3pointers a game ,
Top 10 players in the entire state of Ohio? Absolutely not. Top 10 sophomores in the state? Yes.

I watched Northside play Columbus International.

Green's tallest player is their best player - Sampson. Averages 20+ a game. About 6'4 maybe 6'5" but good leaper.

Him vs. Vandenwarker will be a fun matchup.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

14svt wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:37 am There a difference between AAU players and Country boys that can play ball
Man, if this is the line that’s going to be pushed then Northside should gut out most of their schedule in favor of better competition.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes to our Scioto county representative, the Green Bobcats!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

50/50 game IMO.

WOW!!! I remember in 1995 when Wheelersburg played Columbus Bishop Hartley and Mr. Esteban Weaver in the state semifinals and waxed them. I believe the article in the Columbus Dispatch the next day was "Hartley Hawks ran into a buzzsaw!"

Be careful about playing them "country boys!" They grew up on milk from a cows teat and have been slinging hay so they is strong!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Green in your Regional Semifinal against Westerville Northside Christian.

Jimbobscousin
Waterboy

Post by Jimbobscousin »

50/50 game IMO.

He is a nice player, he is not a top 10 in Ohio type player. Not even close.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

After watching some video I will say the Green has a great chance in this game. They are definitely not an underdog in this game. Green has played a better regular schedule. As stated earlier Central District in District IV was not as strong as in the past. Green has played a game on the Convo floor already so that has to count for something. Best of Luck to Green moving forward.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:16 pm

50/50 game IMO.
Top 10 players in the entire state of Ohio? Absolutely not. Top 10 sophomores in the state? Yes.

I watched Northside play Columbus International.

Green's tallest player is their best player - Sampson. Averages 20+ a game. About 6'4 maybe 6'5" but good leaper.

Him vs. Vandenwarker will be a fun matchup.
That was there first game of the season .Cmon they played NC and beat them by 2 in the tournament they beat them by 16.
Okay I did mean one of the best sophomores in the state also.
All I’m saying is Sampson better be ready to play some defense.
I just watched Furnace vs south Webster game I feel like this might be the same game but Our big guy is better then #22 for South Webster and he was great against you

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

#22 for South Webster had 4 points against Green.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:29 pm
14svt wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:37 am There a difference between AAU players and Country boys that can play ball
Man, if this is the line that’s going to be pushed then Northside should gut out most of their schedule in favor of better competition.
This is the dumbest comment I have read today! There is a difference and you are about to find out what Mommas Cornbread is all about. Go Bobcats!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

50/50 game IMO.
5-6 3's a game?

Max Preps has them at 22-3. That's 25 games. 5-6 a game means he's got between 125 and 150 3's on the season. JT's Hoyng's state record is 122.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good luck Green!

P-Town
Waterboy

Post by P-Town »

Anyone know if there are split sessions for the Regional Semi-Final games at the Convo?

I'm assuming all the Regional finals are split sessions

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

P-Town wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:29 am Anyone know if there are split sessions for the Regional Semi-Final games at the Convo?

I'm assuming all the Regional finals are split sessions
Semi’s are 1 big session

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Good Luck to the Green Bobcats this evening!

Return to “Boys Basketball”