LOU at CONVO

Post by Point blank »

Man is a legend!!!

Thanks LOU for another exciting season at the CONVO

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: LOU at CONVO

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If I was him I wouldn't say a word anytime Berlin Hiland did anything. They think he is annoying so he should just be quiet when they score.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

How can you not love Lou?
“ITs basketball 30”
“The steal the drive and the basket!!”
“2 minutes!!”
“ and the (insert team) are coming back to the Convo!!”
“Direct your attention to the baskets… where the nets belong to (insert team)!!!
All of these Lou quotes make the convo what it is.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Not only is he a very good announcer, he is a good person as well.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

alabama mike wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:08 am Not only is he a very good announcer, he is a good person as well.
Yes, 100%. He used to (still may) write about soccer for the Messenger and they were quality pieces that influenced how I write today, making sure to celebrate the athletes involved.

Lou gets his stuff in, but it is never forced and it focuses on the kids and their communities. Whenever he mentions the schools, the crowds go wild and get even more into the game.

I’m sure that if I didn’t enjoy him, I could just tune him out. I don’t think it would be all that difficult.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

He’s the best

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

I wish Lou would get them to use the bleachers for seating at the tournament games. :D

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Gray Cat wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:06 pm I wish Lou would get them to use the bleachers for seating at the tournament games. :D
I always wondered why they didn’t. I think it would add even more to the atmosphere.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... "annnndddddd Pfloyd is coming back to the Convo !!!" - couldn't resist LOL - almost time to head to A'town for tonight's games ... Lou is THE best - end of story ... heck when I first met Lou, he made his way up to the cheap seats where I usually sit and brought me a piece of cake his wife Shelly had made ... we've been friends in basketball for a long time now ... EVEN IF no cake was involved - Lou IS the Voice of high school basketball in Southern/SouthEast Ohio - he has been a major part of the atmosphere of what makes the Convo as special as it is for teams in the SE District ... there's something special about going to the Convo as a team, school community, fan of the game - Lou has been a big part of that aura that surrounds the 2/3 Weeks of the Convo every year ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Attachments
FBC7451A-CC31-4286-BE5B-0F5C2E0032B8.jpeg
236E9A47-C418-4060-B166-7326FCCBDA9C.jpeg

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:13 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:06 pm I wish Lou would get them to use the bleachers for seating at the tournament games. :D
I always wondered why they didn’t. I think it would add even more to the atmosphere.
Agreed. I’m sure it has to do with the OHSAA reps wanting to have the best seats and they don’t want to sit on bleachers. But of course they’ll never admit that and are sure to have some other excuse.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

I believe there were fans fighting maybe 35+ years ago in the floor bleachers ? They was the end of the floor seats ?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Sweet Lou is basketball at the Convo. He makes it a special experience for the players, coaches and the communities that are fortunate enough to get to experience Basketball 30. I enjoyed chatting with Lou the last time I was at the Convo before the Logan Elm vs. Warren district final in 2020 and last year briefly before the Court House vs. Greenfield district semifinal at Southeastern. What you think he is like when hearing him announce a game, he is even better in reality when having a conversation.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Lou is great at what he does. Being a Portsmouth fan, I've heard "2 minutes till the Final 4" for my Trojans in 2011 and 2012, and we won both of those regional finals.

Return to “Boys Basketball”