Division IV —Regional Semi-Finals Green Vs Westerville Northside Christian — live updates

14svt
JV Team

Re: Division IV —Regional Semi-Finals Green Vs Westerville Northside Christian — live updates

Post by 14svt »

trampoline wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:55 am This is awesome that Northside Christian won! We need more Christian/Private schools in the State Tourney! You guys make the OHSAA proud!. I get tired of all these pesky public schools trying to fit in where they aren't wanted. A toast to all those who cheat in the name of religion!
Believe me it is a true blessing

eagle25
JV Team

Re: Division IV —Regional Semi-Finals Green Vs Westerville Northside Christian — live updates

Post by eagle25 »

14svt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:05 pm
trampoline wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:55 am This is awesome that Northside Christian won! We need more Christian/Private schools in the State Tourney! You guys make the OHSAA proud!. I get tired of all these pesky public schools trying to fit in where they aren't wanted. A toast to all those who cheat in the name of religion!
Gotta respect a good cheater 😂

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

14svt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:25 am
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:22 am
14svt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:16 am
It’s hurt the school Cmon it’s made it better
Their peers in the MOCAL seem to feel differently.
Because they don’t have good programs
Oh I forgot it’s okay for Tree of life to recruit
There motto is sports before education
Don’t give me that
All of this falls at the feet of Northside’s administration. The scrutiny exists outside of the message boards, too.

I imagine everyone in the MOCAL and Central Ohio was fine with, and didn’t bat much of an eye, when the family came from NoVA. People move. Columbus is a growing area. Is what it is. But the increased visible association with AOR, plus getting the second family (whose kids have volleyed across different school situations) to come aboard and any other inklings of the basketball program’s rapid ascent being a motivation for kids to possibly come in has painted a different picture between then and now. I’m sure the NCS admin has enough of a brain to recognize this sequence of events all happening in the matter of 18-24 months isn’t some simple string of good fortune that has come together to form a “blessing.”

Truth be told, in today’s environment, optics has become the normal substitute for evidence in the court of public opinion. Doesn’t mean the jury is always right, but the defense’s key witness weeklong saying “AAU boys versus country boys” on the stand isn’t helping the matter.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

eagle25 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:32 pm
Don’t me so mad Green played decent
But again we are supposed to see the country boys win

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

14svt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:31 pm

I’m not from Green, nor am I mad. I just thought it was amusing that someone accused your school of cheating and you admitted it. Hence, my good cheater comment. 😂

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

eagle25 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:40 pm

I’m not from Green, nor am I mad. I just thought it was amusing that someone accused your school of cheating and you admitted it. Hence, my good cheater comment. 😂
Cheating I disagree coming from his name he is a supporter of Fairfield Christian or someone else northside is having a good basketball ball program this year just because 3 kids on the team are goid

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

14svt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:45 pm
Cheating I disagree coming from his name he is a supporter of Fairfield Christian or someone else northside is having a good basketball ball program this year just because 3 kids on the team are goid
Never said Northside cheated, clown. 🤡

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:57 pm
14svt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:45 pm

Never said Northside cheated, clown. 🤡
I don’t think that guy reads very well. 😂

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Sucks for Green but NC won’t beat Hiland unless hiland plays their worst game of the year. Central district d4 is atrocious and Hiland already beat by far the best SE d4 last night. They’ll need to add some more pieces in the off-season lol

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

redskinwitness wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:34 pm Sucks for Green but NC won’t beat Hiland unless hiland plays their worst game of the year. Central district d4 is atrocious and Hiland already beat by far the best SE d4 last night. They’ll need to add some more pieces in the off-season lol
I just watched Hiland vs Garaway game
they have no inside rebounders
Also they let Garaway get away with a lot of inside Layups
Just Like Federal hocking last night they do have a big guy but Nothing like Vanderwaker from NC that is what is going to hurt them

Plus they are not good against full court presses
So good luck

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I hate when southern Ohio fans start with the whole recruiting/cheating thing. It just makes us look bad! If anybody thinks that stuff isn’t happening in southern Ohio then they are dumb. My understanding is Green had transfers in their starting lineup so let!s just deal with the fact Green got beat by a better team. Green had a great year! Don’t tarnish it by whining about recruiting/cheating! Congrats to Green and Fed. Hock on District Championships.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

I went to Green and graduated there. I’ve been watching them since 1973 ( showing my age). This year’s team was not the most talented and had little depth but played extremely hard and improved greatly in one year. I certainly didn’t whine about who they drew in the Regional. Nothing improper about Northside Christian. It’s just the way Ohio basketball is . AAU and outside influences have changed the landscape of HS basketball. Even small teams usually don’t have all kids that were in school since Kindergarten. Green certainly was 30 points worse than WNC like some inferred ( our OG missing most of first Qtr hurt) but the best team won . They made the necessary plays to win hen Green cut it to 5 with 1:30 left. No complaints here. Good Luck against Hiland in what everyone believes is a coronation for Richmond Hgts . No real need to bitch about anything. Even a Public vs. Private in all divisions would have it’s own issues . Teams with no move ins again 100 percent home grown teams . Just play hard and support the kids ..

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:38 pm I hate when southern Ohio fans start with the whole recruiting/cheating thing. It just makes us look bad! If anybody thinks that stuff isn’t happening in southern Ohio then they are dumb. My understanding is Green had transfers in their starting lineup so let!s just deal with the fact Green got beat by a better team. Green had a great year! Don’t tarnish it by whining about recruiting/cheating! Congrats to Green and Fed. Hock on District Championships.
22 of the 64 teams left are private schools which is 34%. This is also consistent with the average from the last ten seasons. They are cheating in the name of religion and it is undisputable based on the data.

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

trampoline wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:50 am
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:38 pm I hate when southern Ohio fans start with the whole recruiting/cheating thing. It just makes us look bad! If anybody thinks that stuff isn’t happening in southern Ohio then they are dumb. My understanding is Green had transfers in their starting lineup so let!s just deal with the fact Green got beat by a better team. Green had a great year! Don’t tarnish it by whining about recruiting/cheating! Congrats to Green and Fed. Hock on District Championships.
22 of the 64 teams left are private schools which is 34%. This is also consistent with the average from the last ten seasons. They are cheating in the name of religion and it is undisputable based on the data.
also, i have no affiliation with green, I simply cant stand to see public school kids get cheated out of opportunities simply because they compete in a corrupt system, not to mention, one that is shrouded in religion. Its as simple as that.

Return to “Boys Basketball”