Division IV —Regional Semi-Finals Green Vs Westerville Northside Christian — live updates

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Division IV —Regional Semi-Finals Green Vs Westerville Northside Christian — live updates

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to Green on an outstanding season.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Re: Division IV —Regional Semi-Finals Green Vs Westerville Northside Christian — live updates

Post by Fan of the youth »

Great season Bobcats! You made a heck of a run be proud!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The Bobcats going 1 for 11 to start the 3rd with most of that while Vanderwarker was out was a killer.

I would have liked to have seen them go to Knapp as soon as Vanderwarker picked up his 4th. That’s really the only change I would’ve made, but the Jackson’s took over in the 3rd and carried the Lions to extend the lead.

Great season for the Bobcats

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:34 pm
14svt wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:30 pm I told you so
And our best player sit out a quarter
Bro thinks he on the team. :lol:

Matter fact I do have kids play for the team
I’d Vandenwaker didn’t sit out for fouls they would have beaten green by 15 or 20

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:42 pm The Bobcats going 1 for 11 to start the 3rd with most of that while Vanderwarker was out was a killer.

I would have liked to have seen them go to Knapp as soon as Vanderwarker picked up his 4th. That’s really the only change I would’ve made, but the Jackson’s took over in the 3rd and carried the Lions to extend the lead.

Great season for the Bobcats
And knapp was on the bench for the first 6 min of the 3rd qrt, why? It was a huge blunder

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

14svt wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:03 pm
14svt wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:30 pm I told you so
And our best player sit out a quarter

I’d Vandenwaker didn’t sit out for fouls they would have beaten green by 15 or 20
What bothered you so much about Johnstown to move your kids to Northside Christian?

Tough break for Green to have their best team in decades lose to a manufactured team.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:15 pm

What bothered you so much about Johnstown to move your kids to Northside Christian?

Tough break for Green to have their best team in decades lose to a manufactured team.
I didn’t I had cousins that played for jtown
But it ought you were saying
Cornbread kids will beat AAu players
Sorry young guy

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

14svt wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:51 pm

Sorry young guy
Oh boy, this will be a great next few days on here.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:59 pm
14svt wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:51 pm

Sorry young guy
Oh boy, this will be a great next few days on here.
No it won’t I’m done No need to comment
You saw the team

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

How long has Northside Christian been in existence? Never heard of them until now?

Great season Green!

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

HERO wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:33 am How long has Northside Christian been in existence? Never heard of them until now?

Great season Green!
You just answered your question- its a school with about 30 boys in 9-12 and most play basketball- its the way of the world today. its not necessary about the education but to play basketball.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Congrats to Coach King and the Green Bobcats on a great season!!!

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Great season Green, I was a little disappointed by the Bobcat body language, for the most of the game, they were still in the game, but yet they appeared to be moping around in the huddle and on the floor.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

bsee12345 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:35 am
HERO wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:33 am How long has Northside Christian been in existence? Never heard of them until now?

Great season Green!
You just answered your question- its a school with about 30 boys in 9-12 and most play basketball- its the way of the world today. its not necessary about the education but to play basketball.
No it’s not try again Northside is a very small school 200 plus in the whole school Elemantry,middle and high
Not even a sports school most kids that graduate go to Bob jones,cedarville for arts this is the first year Northside has has a good basketball program Head coach has ties with teachers here to bring a basketball program here

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

When the Vanderwarker family came to Central Ohio about three years ago, they came from northern Virginia. The dad has coaching experience on the circuits and small college ranks. The kid obviously has had rising stock nationally. The brother is a decent player himself.

Not aware of any negative reputation of the dad; just that he’s a “march to the beat of our own drum” type guy. With them not being from the Columbus area originally, that likely plays a role in how they landed on Northside Christian and not the larger, nearby (more storied) Worthington Christian or an OCC school. NCS, otherwise without any chance to make a name in sports, would hand the keys to the basketball program over to the dad (whereas other schools frankly wouldn’t, since they wouldn’t have a reason to.)

Because the dad, and now the school, has a pretty solid connection to All-Ohio Red, the chain reaction of kids (outside of the Vanderwarker family) now playing at NCS has basically messed up the optics of the school and its basketball program. I agree that they have pretty much become a short-term basketball outfit under the banner of a small Christian school — almost akin to what you see in the Deep South and Florida.

It’s an odd situation. I’m not sure if there’s any way, really, for them to escape the shadow of bad optics in this all. Their most recent CB number is 28, with the OHSAA boys figure at 19. That’s not a great ratio, since it means four (4) of those 19 boys in grades 9-11 last year both came from the outside and played hoops. The Vanderwarkers are two of them, and perhaps NCS shouldn’t be faulted for those two specifically, but the other two (and whoever else gets borne out with the submitted roster data to be published this upcoming summer) isn’t painting a sympathetic picture of the situation.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:05 am When the Vanderwarker family came to Central Ohio about three years ago, they came from northern Virginia. The dad has coaching experience on the circuits and small college ranks. The kid obviously has had rising stock nationally. The brother is a decent player himself.

Not aware of any negative reputation of the dad; just that he’s a “march to the beat of our own drum” type guy. With them not being from the Columbus area originally, that likely plays a role in how they landed on Northside Christian and not the larger, nearby (more storied) Worthington Christian or an OCC school. NCS, otherwise without any chance to make a name in sports, would hand the keys to the basketball program over to the dad (whereas other schools frankly wouldn’t, since they wouldn’t have a reason to.)

Because the dad, and now the school, has a pretty solid connection to All-Ohio Red, the chain reaction of kids (outside of the Vanderwarker family) now playing at NCS has basically messed up the optics of the school and its basketball program. I agree that they have pretty much become a short-term basketball outfit under the banner of a small Christian school — almost akin to what you see in the Deep South and Florida.

It’s an odd situation. I’m not sure if there’s any way, really, for them to escape the shadow of bad optics in this all. Their most recent CB number is 28, with the OHSAA boys figure at 19. That’s not a great ratio, since it means four (4) of those 19 boys in grades 9-11 last year both came from the outside and played hoops. The Vanderwarkers are two of them, and perhaps NCS shouldn’t be faulted for those two specifically, but the other two (and whoever else gets borne out with the submitted roster data to be published this upcoming summer) isn’t painting a sympathetic picture of the situation.
It’s hurt the school Cmon it’s made it better

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

14svt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:16 am
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:05 am When the Vanderwarker family came to Central Ohio about three years ago, they came from northern Virginia. The dad has coaching experience on the circuits and small college ranks. The kid obviously has had rising stock nationally. The brother is a decent player himself.

Their peers in the MOCAL seem to feel differently.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:22 am

Because they don’t have good programs
Oh I forgot it’s okay for Tree of life to recruit
There motto is sports before education
Don’t give me that

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

14svt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:25 am
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:22 am
Because they don’t have good programs and didn’t do good this here
North side has never had a good sorts program in anything
Oh I forgot it’s okay for Tree of life to recruit
There motto is sports before education
Don’t give me that

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

This is awesome that Northside Christian won! We need more Christian/Private schools in the State Tourney! You guys make the OHSAA proud!. I get tired of all these pesky public schools trying to fit in where they aren't wanted. A toast to all those who cheat in the name of religion!

Return to “Boys Basketball”