South Point D3, Fairfield Union D2 both in the Elite 8!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

South Point D3, Fairfield Union D2 both in the Elite 8!!!

Post by pfloyd »

Gotta love it!!! Like those of us who love high school hoops NEED an excuse to go to the Convo to watch basketball BUT to have 2 teams in 2 divisions making it to the Elite 8 in their respective divisions to go support Saturday in the SE District Regional Finals - priceless !!! Just got back to Logan after watching Fairfield Union play one of the best defensive games I've seen played in a long time - might be right behind the FU defensive effort vs New Lexington Tuesday night ... I smiled the entire game tonight - great game by BOTH teams - a better game by FU ...

Best of Luck to BOTH TEAMS Saturday !!! pfloyd will be there! might even be courtside as I was tonight at the scorers table ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: South Point D3, Fairfield Union D2 both in the Elite 8!!!

Post by danicalifornia »

Both have an uphill battle, but not impossible.

South Point needs to dictate the pace like they did in the 2nd half against NA and Fairfield Union has to bring that same defense and also stay out of trouble

Both teams should be super proud of where they are, but also not satisfied yet.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:11 pm Gotta love it!!! Like those of us who love high school hoops NEED an excuse to go to the Convo to watch basketball BUT to have 2 teams in 2 divisions making it to the Elite 8 in their respective divisions to go support Saturday in the SE District Regional Finals - priceless !!! Just got back to Logan after watching Fairfield Union play one of the best defensive games I've seen played in a long time - might be right behind the FU defensive effort vs New Lexington Tuesday night ... I smiled the entire game tonight - great game by BOTH teams - a better game by FU ...

Best of Luck to BOTH TEAMS Saturday !!! pfloyd will be there! might even be courtside as I was tonight at the scorers table ...
Courtside?!?!?! What happened to the cheap seats? Must be nice to know the voice of Basketball :30.

Glad they put you in the high roller seats as our champion of SE District basketball. Should be some great games to end two weeks at the Convo this weekend, pfloyd! Enjoy!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:17 am
pfloyd wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:11 pm Gotta love it!!! Like those of us who love high school hoops NEED an excuse to go to the Convo to watch basketball BUT to have 2 teams in 2 divisions making it to the Elite 8 in their respective divisions to go support Saturday in the SE District Regional Finals - priceless !!! Just got back to Logan after watching Fairfield Union play one of the best defensive games I've seen played in a long time - might be right behind the FU defensive effort vs New Lexington Tuesday night ... I smiled the entire game tonight - great game by BOTH teams - a better game by FU ...

Courtside?!?!?! What happened to the cheap seats? Must be nice to know the voice of Basketball :30.

Glad they put you in the high roller seats as our champion of SE District basketball. Should be some great games to end two weeks at the Convo this weekend, pfloyd! Enjoy!
bman! I've missed talking hoops with you this season! - I think you will have some action from the Northwest Territories next season ! Circleville, Logan Elm will be back in their winning ways next season as well ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... ready for the last day at the Convo - regional finals ... the napkin stat sheets are filled out , starters circled ... an idea as to what the game plans are going to be, should be for our teams from the SE district to survive and advance ... best of luck to both South Point and Fairfield Union ... safe travels to all coming and going to Athens / the Convo - the Mecca of high school hoops / the only home to Basketball :30 ...

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Hate to be that guy, but does anybody know if they going to clear Convo tomorrow between the 3 games or is one ticket good for all day? Thanks*

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:28 am Hate to be that guy, but does anybody know if they going to clear Convo tomorrow between the 3 games or is one ticket good for all day? Thanks*
They are clearing after each game. One positive (or maybe negative) is that spring break started today for OU, so uptown may be a little easier to navigate than a typical Saturday afternoon at OU.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:37 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:28 am Hate to be that guy, but does anybody know if they going to clear Convo tomorrow between the 3 games or is one ticket good for all day? Thanks*
They are clearing after each game. One positive (or maybe negative) is that spring break started today for OU, so uptown may be a little easier to navigate than a typical Saturday afternoon at OU.
Dani: thanks for the info. Was hoping for a 3-for-1 special, but now prolly just gonna do the first 2 games!*

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:05 am
Dani: thanks for the info. Was hoping for a 3-for-1 special, but now prolly just gonna do the first 2 games!*
Gonna watch future Buckeye Devin Royal, eh?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:53 am

formerfc: That’s the plan...kids heard “D1 teams” and “future Buckeye”, so we staying for at least 2 games. I was actually hoping for Bishop Ready/FU to be middle game as I know some guys from Ready I’d like to catch up with. Don’t know if kids will be up for 8 hour day at Convo though!*

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:19 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:53 am

formerfc: That’s the plan...kids heard “D1 teams” and “future Buckeye”, so we staying for at least 2 games. I was actually hoping for Bishop Ready/FU to be middle game as I know some guys from Ready I’d like to catch up with. Don’t know if kids will be up for 8 hour day at Convo though!*
... 8 hour day at the Convo art_vandelay , you have start the kids young, get them used to it so that you get Convo, Court Street - the OU tour for a Friday , Saturday weekend get away !!! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... It's time to head down Rte.33 ... the Last Day of Basketball :30 in 2023 ... hard to believe ... Goooo Pointers!!!! Goooooo Falcons !!!! - pfloyd ... it's an ugly day in SEOhio BUT the SUN is shining ON the Convo !!! - what a great day to spend supporting our 2 remaining teams from the SE District !!! let's win the battle in the stands/the cheap seats !!! so both South Point and Fairfield Union can focus on getting it done on the court!!! ... Get to the Convo! South Point vs Africentric at noon, D1 Olentangy Orange vs Pick Central @ 3:00 and the final matchup Fairfield Union vs Bishop Ready in the 6:00 pm finale !!! ... see you there !!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”