Updates on South point game?

Ovc04
Waterboy

Re: Updates on South point game?

Post by Ovc04 »

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:25 pm Afrocentric is the smallest city league public school in Columbus, so I'm told by Trojandave.......I didn't know that myself,but anyway....

Great season by south point,and like posted above, quickness from south east ,and North is two different animals
Yea ok public schools named Africentric early college it’s a prep school

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to South Pointon an outstanding season.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Ovc04 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:59 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:25 pm
Yea ok public schools named Africentric early college it’s a prep school

I wonder if thats in name only . You can look around online and find that what type of standards they have . Its safe to say public schools have alot higher criteria on the scholastic side . These type schools are all about athletics and nothing else.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Africentric is a good school, much better than what these kids would probably go to if not for Africentric. These kids are much better served by Africentric existing than it not. If I were a parent in Columbus, I would love for my kid to be a part of their school.

I would argue that they shouldn’t be able to compete in smaller school divisions. They attract kids from all over Columbus as part of their normal course of business. South Point and other schools do of course have students who live outside the district, but they don’t have to do that to operate.

Even if South Point and other publics did have to attract kids to operate, Lawrence County has 5-10% of the population of Columbus. Columbus is always going to have more talent to attract just based on population.

When it comes to basketball, it’s just not a fair fight.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Bunch of whiny people on here 😭😭😭.

How is africentric and different then the Ironton s, fairland,burgs and many others?

Open enrollment trump's transfer/recruiting/cheating,they live in the big city with many more kids to pick from, don't like it,move out from under the rock and join them

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Pinwheel wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:08 pm .

How is africentric and different then the Ironton s, fairland,burgs and many others?

A lot more laxed when it comes to the academic side of school is one difference .
Last edited by 84Dragon on Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Someone who wrote “alot more laxed” accused others of not taking school seriously 😂😂

Return to “Boys Basketball”