SEOPS HOF

Re: D1 Pick Central vs Olentangy Orange at Convo

Post by Raider6309 »

That was an amazing game. Great teams and refs

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:23 pm That was an amazing game. Great teams and refs
100% agree. Hope it stays here, because the crowd was super into the game too, no matter the size.

I’d like to see more folks from the SE take in a game like that while it is here.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I wonder if the D1 regionals will be played at the Convo now. I’m sure the kids in Columbus want it

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:30 pm I wonder if the D1 regionals will be played at the Convo now. I’m sure the kids in Columbus want it
It sounds like Zach Fleer and the 270 Hoops guys are gonna push for that. Now, how much pull they actually have, we will see lol

They do good work, so hopefully that will mean something extra.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:32 pm It sounds like Zach Fleer and the 270 Hoops guys are gonna push for that. Now, how much pull they actually have, we will see lol

I’m sure will get them ready to play at College Arena at state

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:29 pm 100% agree. Hope it stays here, because the crowd was super into the game too, no matter the size.

I’d like to see more folks from the SE take in a game like that while it is here.
danicalifornia wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:32 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:30 pm I wonder if the D1 regionals will be played at the Convo now. I’m sure the kids in Columbus want it
It sounds like Zach Fleer and the 270 Hoops guys are gonna push for that. Now, how much pull they actually have, we will see lol

The suboptimal state of affairs, in terms of availability and working relationship, between the CDAB and the local non-OHSAA actors on the facility end (local universities) is what brought the game to the Convo. Any of the Ohio State facilities are effectively out of the picture; Capital is ‘OK’ but is already a horse for District finals in other divisions and the girls’ side; Ohio Dominican is just mediocre, and there are some logistical issues that render them a bad choice for hosting a weekend regional final. Let alone the D1 game. Denison and Wesleyan aren’t capable of hosting it.

I suspect the CDAB and the parties of the Central Ohio D1 contingency (administrators, coaches and the media) will lobby hard for this game to find a future home at the Convo. ODU has just been a substandard replacement for the Fairgrounds Coliseum. Plus, with the other D1 regionals playing in arenas more similar to UD (SW plays at the Cintas Center, NE plays at KSU, NW plays UT/KSU) it’s worth at least trying to get the game at OU.

Return to “Boys Basketball”