Thanks SEOPS on another successful season of "talking hoops" ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Thanks SEOPS on another successful season of "talking hoops" ...

Post by pfloyd »

There won't be much happening now until summer shootouts, summer leagues, camps etc. start up in June ... just wanted to thank all who have read the Elite 8 during the 2022-23 season and post season ... always a pleasure to chat up high school basketball - thank you to the regular posters , as well as those who just read ... the site is ALWAYS best when people read AND POST ... sharing information, insights into the 71 teams all across the SE District - we all win/learn when that happens ... thanks again! I've already started looking at the Pre-season Elite 8 for the 2023-24 season ... lots of changes at the top ! I have a list of 10-15 teams that played younger players in a rebuilding mode this past season ... many still had respectable seasons, others showed flashes of what we can expect in the upcoming season ... look for BIG things from :

Jackson
Unioto
Warren
Vinton County
Fairland
Chesapeake
Eastern Pike
Trimble
South Point
Minford
North Adams
Eastern Brown
Marietta
Ironton
Gallia
Logan Elm
Fairfield Union
Western Pike
Peebles

... I will gathering information about as many teams as possible who HAD good seasons but have holes to fill:

Federal Hocking
Washington CH
Miami Trace
Fairfield Union
Fairfield

... We have teams filling head coaching positions Waverly, Westfall, Ironton St Joe, Portsmouth , others ? ...

...Always news floating around in the off-season - post us ... keep us in the loop ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whs95fan
S

Re: Thanks SEOPS on another successful season of "talking hoops" ...

Post by Whs95fan »

Thanks again for another great season of reads, June will be here before you know it.

Go Blue
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Thanks from an out of stater. Your efforts allow me to keep up with the SEO HS basketball scene. Job well done.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:36 pm There won't be much happening now until summer shootouts, summer leagues, camps etc. start up in June ... just wanted to thank all who have read the Elite 8 during the 2022-23 season and post season ... always a pleasure to chat up high school basketball - thank you to the regular posters , as well as those who just read ... the site is ALWAYS best when people read AND POST ... sharing information, insights into the 71 teams all across the SE District - we all win/learn when that happens ... thanks again! I've already started looking at the Pre-season Elite 8 for the 2023-24 season ... lots of changes at the top ! I have a list of 10-15 teams that played younger players in a rebuilding mode this past season ... many still had respectable seasons, others showed flashes of what we can expect in the upcoming season ... look for BIG things from :

Jackson
Unioto
Warren
Vinton County
Fairland
Chesapeake
Eastern Pike
Trimble
South Point
Minford
North Adams
Eastern Brown
Marietta
Ironton
Gallia
Logan Elm
Fairfield Union
Western Pike
Peebles

... I will gathering information about as many teams as possible who HAD good seasons but have holes to fill:

Federal Hocking
Washington CH
Miami Trace
Fairfield Union
Fairfield

... We have teams filling head coaching positions Waverly, Westfall, Ironton St Joe, Portsmouth , others ? ...

...Always news floating around in the off-season - post us ... keep us in the loop ...
Shocked that you have Trimble rated so low. With everyone back added to the Howie factor I would think Trimble would be at the top of everyone’s rankings. But it’s okay we like the extra motivation of being dissed. It will be on the bulletin board outside the locker room until next season for sure.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

Didnt know the coach at St Jude stepped down. Is the cupboard about to be bear? Cant he recruit some new players to make a deep run?

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

I just finished looking at these rankings. Its astounding to me that we could be State Runners Up in 1980 and 1982 and not make this preseason list. Once we get going on the offseason you guys better dig up some respect for us. You just wait till them summer shootouts and we scoring 100s on everyone.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

THESE ARE NOT RANKED !!!! I just put them down as they came into my mind !!!! IF I rank them they will be numbered , in a logical order not just random teams AND I may have left some out - I was sitting on the couch, randomly typing the names that came to mind ...

Rebel Yell
Riding the Bench

Post by Rebel Yell »

South Gallia is gonna be flat loaded next season but you dont see us on here Beeching. Thats cause we like sneaking up on people. Works great at the county fair and works great on the hard wood.

RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

^^^ (S)he said hard wood.........

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Great season Pfloyd. Looking forward to the next season. Enjoy your time off.haha! You are the reason people flock to this site each year. You are one of a kind and irreplaceable. Good health my friend.

Pittstop Billy
Waterboy

Post by Pittstop Billy »

Who is Pfinger?

P Finger
Waterboy

Post by P Finger »

Pittstop Billy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:05 pm Who is Pfinger?
I’m Pfinger. You rang?

I like to pee on my finger and stick it in your ear. 😂
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Thanks as always pfloyd for your contributions to this site and to SEOhio basketball in general.*

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... some info ...

Jackson ... ended the season playing 4 freshmen getting big time minutes Charlie Woodard, Ryan Seimetz (started pretty much all season) , Stephen Jenkins, Bodhi Wolford ... will have Boston Campbell, Zander Ervin, Dillan Delong returning as the veteran seniors next winter ...

Unioto ... will return a bunch from a rotation of Zeke Schobelock/Kb Perkins, Newton Hoops, Black Hoops, Blake Fitch freshman pg this season,, Jordan Perkins, Ashton Crace, Connor Dollison,Caden Cutright ... 18+ wins in 2023-24

Warren ... from this past season the Warriors had a roster of 10 sophs, 1 jr, 1 senior ... a 9-10 man rotation ... next season led by lone senior Trent Taylor (6-6) ... PG/SG Julian Stadelman, bigs Chase Lupardus, Hayden Wells, shooting guard Connor Barry, Nick Cressey, Jacob Sealey, Tyson Cochran, AJ Criss ... throw in the outstanding coaching staff - instant top 8 ...

Vinton County ... Coach Nj Kight had an outstanding freshman season at VC taking over for legendary coach Coach Combs ... a couple of the best bigs on the same team in the TVC and SEOhio in Ashton Allman/Owen Hire ... Cobra Sharp (pg) ... one of the best players in SEOhio in shooting guard/swing forward Garrett Brown ... rotation players from this past season - Ashton Tritipo/Parker Shonborn, Matt Hembree ... top 8 in the preseason

OVC teams on my list of teams to watch that were young last season ...

Fairland ...Coach Speed's Dragons weren't the Dragons of years past - but they weren't bad ... within a buzzer beating 3 pointer by Caleb Lovely (SP) of advancing to the District finals at the Convo ... outstanding guards returning -still youngsters with lots of varsity experience after last season - Chase Allen, Brody Buchanan, Will Davis - great group to build around for 23-24 ... add to the mix Cliff Fransen/Trevor Lauder ... I'm keeping an eye the Dragons

Chesapeake ... Coach Ater had the Panthers ready for every game last season, boasted being the only team to beat South Point in Ohio until the post season Regional Final ... Dannie Maynard, Braxton Oldaker, Jacob Skeens, Phillip Thacker - freshman this past season ... Caleb Cox/Camron Shockley - grade levels ... the record will improve from this season for sure ...

South Point ... Regional finalist - I don't need to say much more ... Caleb Lovely - one of the best players in Southern Ohio at 6-3 the jr/senior to be can do it all offensively ... Lovely 6-3 will be joined by Xathan Haney 6-3, Carter Smith 6-3, Jackson Childers 6-6, Braydon Hanshaw 6-3 ... deep run this season ... top 8 personnel

Eastern Pike ... youngster last season, outstanding game vs Federal Hocking in the post season ... Tucker Leist/Jace White/Brewer Tomlison as a freshmen big man this past season will get bigger and better in the paint /Teagan Werner /Dylan Morton were all in the rotation ... experienced gained will turn into W's in 23-24 ...

Trimble ... 22-23 all new starting lineup for Coach Caldwell ... all juniors last season, all got varsity experience ... Brandon Burdette/Kaden Kempton/ Levi Weber/ Michael Clark/ Cole Wright/Tyler Hill soph/Chase Patton soph ... bounce back season for the Tomcats

more later ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Federal Hocking brings back DIV SE District POY Tariq Cottrill and also wingman Andrew Airhart, Floyd. They also had a freshman as their 7th man this year, Cameron Joy, who is a pretty good basketball player in his own right. If he takes a leap forward his soph year the Lancers will once again be battling the Tomcats for the league title. The big question is where do they find size? But the same question was asked this time last year, Scotty Balch and Iden Miller were not on anyones radar until after a few games into the 2022/2023 season.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:08 pm ... some info ...

Jackson ... ended the season playing 4 freshmen getting big time minutes Charlie Woodard, Ryan Seimetz (started pretty much all season) , Stephen Jenkins, Bodhi Wolford ... will have Boston Campbell, Zander Ervin, Dillan Delong returning as the veteran seniors next winter ...

Unioto ... will return a bunch from a rotation of Zeke Schobelock/Kb Perkins, Newton Hoops, Black Hoops, Blake Fitch freshman pg this season,, Jordan Perkins, Ashton Crace, Connor Dollison,Caden Cutright ... 18+ wins in 2023-24

Warren ... from this past season the Warriors had a roster of 10 sophs, 1 jr, 1 senior ... a 9-10 man rotation ... next season led by lone senior Trent Taylor (6-6) ... PG/SG Julian Stadelman, bigs Chase Lupardus, Hayden Wells, shooting guard Connor Barry, Nick Cressey, Jacob Sealey, Tyson Cochran, AJ Criss ... throw in the outstanding coaching staff - instant top 8 ...

Vinton County ... Coach Nj Kight had an outstanding freshman season at VC taking over for legendary coach Coach Combs ... a couple of the best bigs on the same team in the TVC and SEOhio in Ashton Allman/Owen Hire ... Cobra Sharp (pg) ... one of the best players in SEOhio in shooting guard/swing forward Garrett Brown ... rotation players from this past season - Ashton Tritipo/Parker Shonborn, Matt Hembree ... top 8 in the preseason

Fairland ...Coach Speed's Dragons weren't the Dragons of years past - but they weren't bad ... within a buzzer beating 3 pointer by Caleb Lovely (SP) of advancing to the District finals at the Convo ... outstanding guards returning -still youngsters with lots of varsity experience after last season - Chase Allen, Brody Buchanan, Will Davis - great group to build around for 23-24 ... add to the mix Cliff Fransen/Trevor Lauder ... I'm keeping an eye the Dragons

Chesapeake ... Coach Ater had the Panthers ready for every game last season, boasted being the only team to beat South Point in Ohio until the post season Regional Final ... Dannie Maynard, Braxton Oldaker, Jacob Skeens, Phillip Thacker - freshman this past season ... Caleb Cox/Camron Shockley - grade levels ... the record will improve from this season for sure ...

South Point ... Regional finalist - I don't need to say much more ... Caleb Lovely - one of the best players in Southern Ohio at 6-3 the jr/senior to be can do it all offensively ... Lovely 6-3 will be joined by Xathan Haney 6-3, Carter Smith 6-3, Jackson Childers 6-6, Braydon Hanshaw 6-3 ... deep run this season ... top 8 personnel

Eastern Pike ... youngster last season, outstanding game vs Federal Hocking in the post season ... Tucker Leist/Jace White/Brewer Tomlison as a freshmen big man this past season will get bigger and better in the paint /Teagan Werner /Dylan Morton were all in the rotation ... experienced gained will turn into W's in 23-24 ...

Trimble ... 22-23 all new starting lineup for Coach Caldwell ... all juniors last season, all got varsity experience ... Brandon Burdette/Kaden Kempton/ Levi Weber/ Michael Clark/ Cole Wright/Tyler Hill soph/Chase Patton soph ... bounce back season for the Tomcats

more later ...
Warren had two 8th grade teams go undefeated or one loss I believe as well. Can you say loaded?

Live Like A Champion!
Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:27 am Federal Hocking brings back DIV SE District POY Tariq Cottrill and also wingman Andrew Airhart, Floyd. They also had a freshman as their 7th man this year, Cameron Joy, who is a pretty good basketball player in his own right. If he takes a leap forward his soph year the Lancers will once again be battling the Tomcats for the league title. The big question is where do they find size? But the same question was asked this time last year, Scotty Balch and Iden Miller were not on anyones radar until after a few games into the 2022/2023 season.
I noticed your slight on Waterford. I think you picked the same two teams to “battle” for the league title this year, but the Wildcats ended up battling FH instead. I get that you and others have a huge affinity for Howie. I saw on another thread that someone referred to you people as “Howie worshippers” and I think that is appropriate. But it was proven this year that his team isn’t always on top. Go Wildcats. Prove the naysayers and “Howie worshipers” wrong once again.

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:43 am
pfloyd wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:08 pm ... some info ...

more later ...
Warren had two 8th grade teams go undefeated or one loss I believe as well. Can you say loaded?
If them warriors wants to go next level they better keep them boys outta that wait room. Everyone knows liftin them dang waits throws off yer shot.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!

Return to “Boys Basketball”