Re: Waverly Basketball - Head Coach

Post by Joe Buckeye »

smurray wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:07 pm
transplant wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:20 pm
N2Hoops wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:18 pm

Do they come in pairs?
They do...
Those two do…
I heard they were transferring months before Bradley got the job at Waverly. It was a football decision I heard. I wonder if they'll still go since Bradley is the coach at Waverly. I've heard most players, including the good players at Adena, cannot stand him and they hate playing for him. Not sure if there's any truth to that or not.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Joe Buckeye wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:01 pm
transplant wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:20 pm

They do...
Those two do…
I heard they were transferring months before Bradley got the job at Waverly. It was a football decision I heard. I wonder if they'll still go since Bradley is the coach at Waverly. I've heard most players, including the good players at Adena, cannot stand him and they hate playing for him. Not sure if there's any truth to that or not.
They had talked about it but had said no they weren't going, for the one football was a big part of it. In terms of them still going my guess is since they're enrolled and walking the halls at Waverly is yes they will still go. Also Bradley coaches them in AAU so they have been around him and some of the other Waverly 8th graders before making the move. Heard a lot about him from Adena and Huntington faithful and it all seems pretty consistent we'll see how it turns out

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:31 pm

Those two do…
They had talked about it but had said no they weren't going, for the one football was a big part of it. In terms of them still going my guess is since they're enrolled and walking the halls at Waverly is yes they will still go. Also Bradley coaches them in AAU so they have been around him and some of the other Waverly 8th graders before making the move. Heard a lot about him from Adena and Huntington faithful and it all seems pretty consistent we'll see how it turns out
I believe they were ending up at Waverly at some point regardless of Bradley coming to Coach. But I think Bradley becoming the coach sped up the process.
Football was indeed a big decision to come to Waverly as well and the fact they are building a house in the district.

Lovesports123
Waterboy

Post by Lovesports123 »

Huntington is better off without them

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Lovesports123 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:12 pm Huntington is better off without them
Grow up, you have obvious hard feelings towards Bradley given your post being all about Huntington. There's zero need to stoop to dissing on kids.

Lovesports123
Waterboy

Post by Lovesports123 »

Dude. Them refers to Bradley and Storts. Someone was correct about one thing. Adena best players could not stand him and Huntington’s could not either. The entire team is glad to see him go. :D. Good luck with those two. ;)

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Lovesports123 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:38 am Dude. Them refers to Bradley and Storts. Someone was correct about one thing. Adena best players could not stand him and Huntington’s could not either. The entire team is glad to see him go. :D. Good luck with those two. ;)
Nah the conversation that was going on wasn't about Bradley and Stort, as you can see from the previous few lines of conversation it was in direct coloration to the brothers. Have heard the same stuff about Bradley and Stort with their time at Adena and Huntington though, just see how it turns out at this point it is what it is.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:44 pm
Lovesports123 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:12 pm Huntington is better off without them
Grow up, you have obvious hard feelings towards Bradley given your post being all about Huntington. There's zero need to stoop to dissing on kids.
This guy sounds a whole lot like the same guy that was spouting off when Coach Bradley came to Huntington :lol: He accused me of being Coach Bradley and his wife :lol: He was kicked out of the forum then and now has conveniently returned to shade on Waverly now. I agree with you, some people just need to grow up :lol: Good luck to Waverly and Coach Bradley

BackTap
Riding the Bench

Post by BackTap »

smurray wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:53 pm

I believe they were ending up at Waverly at some point regardless of Bradley coming to Coach. But I think Bradley becoming the coach sped up the process.
Football was indeed a big decision to come to Waverly as well and the fact they are building a house in the district.

99.9% positive they’ll live in Scioto Valley Local School District

Tigernation2021
Varsity

BackTap wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:58 am

Cool, that doesn't matter any though.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:47 am
BackTap wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:58 am

Cool, that doesn't matter any though.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I'm hearing numbers have been high at Open Gyms.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Waverly folks, I heard there is a Macker in town this weekend? Anyone know when it starts or where it is being played? Thank you

Seneca
Riding the Bench

Post by Seneca »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:08 am Waverly folks, I heard there is a Macker in town this weekend? Anyone know when it starts or where it is being played? Thank you
They are set up in the parking lot in front of the Football field/Gymnasium.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:08 am Waverly folks, I heard there is a Macker in town this weekend? Anyone know when it starts or where it is being played? Thank you
Starts early tomorrow morning I don’t know how early maybe 9:30/10 and goes into early Sunday morning also

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Thank you fellas. I appreciate it. Going to take in some basketball this weekend then.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Pretty good Macker again this year at a great venue. Thanks to Pike Community Action for hosting the event for the 2nd year.

Teams from Michigan, West Virginia, Kentucky, all over Ohio. Several Waverly teams took home hardware.
Waverly’s Ryan Haynes (incoming Junior) won the slam dunk contest Saturday evening.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

I actually got to take in some of these games on Saturday. I was impressed with Haynes. Long and rangy with a nose for getting to the rim. Handles it decently. Also saw some talent and size in the younger groups that are coming up. It was a great time and fun to see the youth playing the game outdoors.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Anybody able to take in the scrimmage against ZT today?

Return to “Boys Basketball”