South Webster - Head Coach

Ttomcat1000+
Waterboy

Re: South Webster - Head Coach

Post by Ttomcat1000+ »

Curious, how many of you would be fine with your son being screamed at and ridiculed on a daily basis? Not saying anything bad about anyone mentioned on here. Just asking to see what others think about this style of coaching in today’s world.

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

I just want to state publicly that if Southwebstern hires JG, we want to play. He always would beat us by a point or two. We want a chance at redemption.

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

It’s back!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Besides Stormin Norman and Fenton, who else would possibly be interested in leading the village back to greatness?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

In all seriousness Swank, if Norm or Fenton don't want it or Webster doesn't want either of them, I would think they would look outside the area? But who, I'm not sure. I'm sure some of the local coaches that haven't been able to keep a coaching job other places will apply, but can't see any of them being successful there. We will see.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

I think Kreischer should put his single digit loss record on the line and come back to the show and lead the Jeeps.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

It depends on what South Webster wants. If they are looking for wins in the short term (which is probably their thinking), Coach Persin will probably be the choice.

However, if SW goes with the long game and wants a guy that is there for a long while, I'd bring in Connor Scott. He's an alum of the program that has done good things in stops outside of the immediate area.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Word on the street is that HC is now in the mix. With his history of chasing talent and how bad his team was last year I could see this job being attractive to him. No way he doesn’t make the troubled player happy and have him back on the team either. He’s no dummy.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

KCol wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:38 pm It depends on what South Webster wants. If they are looking for wins in the short term (which is probably their thinking), Coach Persin will probably be the choice.

However, if SW goes with the long game and wants a guy that is there for a long while, I'd bring in Connor Scott. He's an alum of the program that has done good things in stops outside of the immediate area.
That’d be a great hire if he wanted to come home and the community would support it 110%

Mezzanine_Spy
Waterboy

Post by Mezzanine_Spy »

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the 2024 South Webster High School Coaching Line Up:

Option 1) Head: Ryan Fenton
Asst: Norm

Option 2) Head: Norm
Asst: Ryan Fenton

Anybody want this bet for a $100!!!!!!!
All options have Sheets out as helping in any capacity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If I was a betting man, I would take you up on both options. You could be right on half of the options.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Don’t think Norm is gonna be 2nd fiddle to anyone.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:07 am Don’t think Norm is gonna be 2nd fiddle to anyone.
This.

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

Mezzanine_Spy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:24 am Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the 2024 South Webster High School Coaching Line Up:

Option 1) Head: Ryan Fenton
Asst: Norm

Option 2) Head: Norm
Asst: Ryan Fenton

Anybody want this bet for a $100!!!!!!!
All options have Sheets out as helping in any capacity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, is Howie out as a viable candidate?

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:39 pm
KCol wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:38 pm It depends on what South Webster wants. If they are looking for wins in the short term (which is probably their thinking), Coach Persin will probably be the choice.

That’d be a great hire if he wanted to come home and the community would support it 110%
Didn’t he get fired from his last job?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Over something stupid. Doesn’t mean he’s not qualified

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Scott would do an excellent job.

He took a tough mix of WCH kids and they gelled together very well in a short time.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Connor Scott would be an outstanding hire for the Jeeps ... young coach that would be in it for the long haul ... did an outstanding job as Coach Huffers' JV coach at Chillicothe ... excellent work getting as I92 brought up - a tough mix of kids at WCH to come together as an outstanding TEAM ... energy, hungry coach that settles for nothing but the most outta every player on TEAM ... would be nice to have a "Scott" bringing SW back into the limelight for MANY reasons ...

CScott#25
Waterboy

Post by CScott#25 »

Connor Scott here, this will be my first, and probably last post on this site.
I appreciate the vote of confidence from swanker, Ironman and pfloyd.

I have not, and do not plan to apply for this job, nor has SW shown any interest in me as a candidate, nor would I expect them to. My perfect wife, beautiful daughter, and I love it up here in Circleville. They will have plenty of great men apply for such a prestigious job.

Coach Cole is a great person and did a great job at SW. He is one of the most humble men I have met and I had the honor of being coached by him in 2 sports in high-school and coach with him in 2017. He will continue to be an awesome part of the community and a great father.

I would also like to shout out my little cousin Will Collins on his fantastic career. Will is one of the kindest, and hardworking young men you will meet and was a coachable and talented player.

To whoever gets this job, the best of luck. Rarely is there a school that has a basketball program mean this much to a community. I hope the job is treated like a ministry and taken as seriously as it deserves. Coaching and playing for the jeeps is a special experience and also has the advantage of having a superintendent and a principal that are great men and have had tremendous success on the hard-wood.

GO JEEPS

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

CScott#25 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:29 pm Connor Scott here, this will be my first, and probably last post on this site.
I appreciate the vote of confidence from swanker, Ironman and pfloyd.

I have not, and do not plan to apply for this job, nor has SW shown any interest in me as a candidate, nor would I expect them to. My perfect wife, beautiful daughter, and I love it up here in Circleville. They will have plenty of great men apply for such a prestigious job.

Coach Cole is a great person and did a great job at SW. He is one of the most humble men I have met and I had the honor of being coached by him in 2 sports in high-school and coach with him in 2017. He will continue to be an awesome part of the community and a great father.

I would also like to shout out my little cousin Will Collins on his fantastic career. Will is one of the kindest, and hardworking young men you will meet and was a coachable and talented player.

To whoever gets this job, the best of luck. Rarely is there a school that has a basketball program mean this much to a community. I hope the job is treated like a ministry and taken as seriously as it deserves. Coaching and playing for the jeeps is a special experience and also has the advantage of having a superintendent and a principal that are great men and have had tremendous success on the hard-wood.

GO JEEPS
... end of story ... good to hear from you C. Scott ! maybe run into you at a Roundtown game next season ?!! - would enjoy shouting at you young man ... hope all is going well for you & your family ... when I was at the Convo for the district finals & regionals my thoughts went to your dad - LucasDavenport was and always will be missed as I continue to be at the Convo and at gyms across Southern/SE Ohio ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”