South Webster - Head Coach

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: South Webster - Head Coach

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Heard it’s a done deal and already had a meeting with the basketball team.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:15 am 12-11 South Webster lost to state runner up Canal Winchester 22-0 58-51 in 2007 in the regional semi’s at the barn
I think that that year truly showed Kriesher’s coaching ability. They still had Campbell and Fenton if I am not mistaken and a really tough guard. Can’t remember his name but was really solid. Really good games with Oak Hill that year, too. I think that South Webster beat them at home like 63-60 in OT or 2OT and then Oak Hill returned the favor at Oak Hill 68-60.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

GrumpyPundit wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:21 pm If it’s Norm, I’m interested to see what happens to the apparent issues of selfishness with the star player. Winning early and often will paper over a lot, but if that young man (and his family) take issue with criticism, there is a recipe for disaster. On the positive side, from what I saw of the Jeeps this year, most of the team seemed very coachable.
If it's Norm, I will be surprised if the kid does not play for SW next year.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

It’s a good time to be a jeep. big things shaking out for Webster and the JV and junior high teams

NoseyRosey
Waterboy

Post by NoseyRosey »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:35 pm It’s a good time to be a jeep. big things shaking out for Webster and the JV and junior high teams
Ask Valley how that turned out with the same guys coaching and more talented young groups of players based on their records at lower levels.

tonylip
Waterboy

Post by tonylip »

It’s simple. Coach persin is not going to change. And why would he? His career speaks for itself. If the SW players buy in and execute his system, they will get results. If they don’t (like Valley), he will not back down from what he’s always done. Regardless, if SW wanted more discipline for its players, then they just got the toughest old school coach to implement it. It’s on the players now. It will definitely be exciting to watch play out.

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

Norm won’t make it 5 years

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

tonylip wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:30 pm It’s simple. Coach persin is not going to change. And why would he? His career speaks for itself. If the SW players buy in and execute his system, they will get results. If they don’t (like Valley), he will not back down from what he’s always done. Regardless, if SW wanted more discipline for its players, then they just got the toughest old school coach to implement it. It’s on the players now. It will definitely be exciting to watch play out.
I’ve seen this before. These old guys don’t take jobs to build a program. They take them because they see guaranteed wins and the potential to get back to the final four and beyond. Therefore, that hard core discipline that they are known for doesn’t necessarily apply to the “best” players. They know they need those players playing if they’re going to get what they want with the team.

HT Rebel
Waterboy

Post by HT Rebel »

Don’t matter who’s coaching the Jeeps, cause Mercerville gonna stomp that butt all season. Rebel Nation. Can’t be silenced

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

eagle25, I agree with your post.

HT Rebel
Waterboy

Post by HT Rebel »

Wish they could take Kent off our hands. Get him outta Mercerville. Rebel Yell. Can’t be silenced

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Seems like not too long ago Webster doubled up the rebs or came close to it?

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Maybe a good idea to have a paramedic on staff and in locker room?

With his heart and a couple issues on the team.

I think he will do good there for a year or two he will be there.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:35 pm It’s a good time to be a jeep. big things shaking out for Webster and the JV and junior high teams
JV success and Junior High success doesn't equal varsity success. There was several teams playing younger guys up on varsity and the JV was playing with guys who won't see the court at the varsity level. SW was not one of those teams this past season, they were fortunate enough to keep their team together and play against others who didn't. Just the reality of it all what a JV team does and thinking that translates to varsity doesn't equal out.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:47 am
JV success and Junior High success doesn't equal varsity success. There was several teams playing younger guys up on varsity and the JV was playing with guys who won't see the court at the varsity level. SW was not one of those teams this past season, they were fortunate enough to keep their team together and play against others who didn't. Just the reality of it all what a JV team does and thinking that translates to varsity doesn't equal out.
I’m gonna disagree with this but you’re kinda right. I’ve seen enough Junior high ball to know when a dominate junior high team sticks together they can and will run for the league. Oak Hill did for years both boys and girls. Burgs done it. Minford currently doing it. Waverly may do it in 3-4 years.

More what I was getting at is there’s a new JV Coach coming in. Big time webster alumni who also knows a thing or two about ball.

Sportsfan007
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan007 »

Good for them. Webster should be in the regionals IMO every year. They are competitive in SOC II schedule, no reason why they should be losing in district semis or what not.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:39 am
I’m gonna disagree with this but you’re kinda right. I’ve seen enough Junior high ball to know when a dominate junior high team sticks together they can and will run for the league. Oak Hill did for years both boys and girls. Burgs done it. Minford currently doing it. Waverly may do it in 3-4 years.

More what I was getting at is there’s a new JV Coach coming in. Big time webster alumni who also knows a thing or two about ball.
I gotcha, talking junior high runs and the talent a team has is one but thing but trying to hype up a JV team is another.

NoseyRosey
Waterboy

Post by NoseyRosey »

Webster hasn't had a dominant junior high team out of any of the groups currently in high school.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

NoseyRosey wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:31 pm

Webster hasn't had a dominant junior high team out of any of the groups currently in high school.
No they haven’t

Return to “Boys Basketball”