South Webster - Head Coach

CScott#25
Waterboy

Re: South Webster - Head Coach

Post by CScott#25 »

Would love to catch up with you next year once my baby girl is old enough to sit through at least half a game! My Dad definitely loved talking with at the convo.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

CScott#25 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:10 pm Would love to catch up with you next year once my baby girl is old enough to sit through at least half a game! My Dad definitely loved talking with at the convo.
...I'll get your little one her own "napkin stat" book - she needs to start early ! and YOU need to get her started doing updates on her phone - I have no idea how your Dad could type that fast and still watch the games - your Dad was the best ...

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

I heard Norm applied for the St.Joe job
With Edchoice here come the Flyers !!!

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:24 am I heard Norm applied for the St.Joe job
With Edchoice here come the Flyers !!!
Norm is done for. Over the hill a long time ago

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

The parents and kids of this day and age wouldn’t be able to handle Norm’s demanding coaching style.

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

MattyIce wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:52 pm The parents and kids of this day and age wouldn’t be able to handle Norm’s demanding coaching style.
So true! Today’s sensitive and entitled darlings would crumble if a Persin or Barrick got up in their grill yelling at them…. And Mommy would come out of the bleachers if it happened!

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Oldtimer55 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:41 pm
MattyIce wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:52 pm The parents and kids of this day and age wouldn’t be able to handle Norm’s demanding coaching style.
So true! Today’s sensitive and entitled darlings would crumble if a Persin or Barrick got up in their grill yelling at them…. And Mommy would come out of the bleachers if it happened!
For sure. Today’s players need a few lessons on getting screamed at and spit on while the coach is nose to nose with them. And if they even think about how bad the coaches breath smells they should be kicked off the team. Doesn’t anyone remember and respect Bobby Knight anymore?

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

I played against Norm. He was never a very good ball player. When he became a coach he really thought he was something so he ridiculed

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I nominate MattyIce to become the new head honcho

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:12 pm
Oldtimer55 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:41 pm
For sure. Today’s players need a few lessons on getting screamed at and spit on while the coach is nose to nose with them. And if they even think about how bad the coaches breath smells they should be kicked off the team. Doesn’t anyone remember and respect Bobby Knight anymore?
Yes because having a coach screaming at you and being so close that his spit hits you in the face is something everyone dreams of.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Unless the entire team is complaining, I'd say the one's doing the whining need to do a little self-reflection. One is never greater than the TEAM. If that is the mindset of any player they should be ran off. Go play golf!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SG REBEL wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:13 pm
I played against Norm. He was never a very good ball player. When he became a coach he really thought he was something so he ridiculed
I've never understood how people think a coach yelling at and ridiculing a player in front of everyone is going to "harden" him up for life. Now if a coach is trying to teach a kid something then that should be fine. But to just scream at a kid because he did something wrong is just stupid. These kids are playing the game in high school because they love the game. Very few are going on to play at the next level so yelling at them isn't going to make them play harder for you. Coach a kid up and he will give you 110% everytime. Yell at him and he will shut down in a heartbeat.

Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

My boy is in 8th grade and he is gonna be All Ohio in 3 soprts. If Southwebstren hires the right guy aka Howie i would consider moving down that way. What does it take to make that happen?

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 am
SG REBEL wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:13 pm
I've never understood how people think a coach yelling at and ridiculing a player in front of everyone is going to "harden" him up for life. Now if a coach is trying to teach a kid something then that should be fine. But to just scream at a kid because he did something wrong is just stupid. These kids are playing the game in high school because they love the game. Very few are going on to play at the next level so yelling at them isn't going to make them play harder for you. Coach a kid up and he will give you 110% everytime. Yell at him and he will shut down in a heartbeat.
Well you can’t just scream at them. You gotta make sure your spit hits them in the face and a good case of dragon breath helps too. If the coach employs that trifecta it’ll harden up even the softest of doughboys. Just ask Howsie.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Unfortunately the same kids that shutdown when they get yelled at .... grow up to shut down in life when times get rough. (Oh .... everybody picks on me! I just can't caught a break! etc.) There is a connection between kids shutting down and never learning to push threw rough times. Tough times in life is much harder than getting yelled at by coach. The kids that got a good old-fashioned @ss-chewing never liked it but they learned to deal with it.

Sciotocoparent
Waterboy

Post by Sciotocoparent »

Norm was spotted getting a tour at the school.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Norm already has more wins in Websters gym than most he don’t need no tour

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:04 pm Norm already has more wins in Websters gym than most he don’t need no tour

:lol: :lol: :geek: :lol:

The3LeggedMan
Waterboy

Post by The3LeggedMan »

Norman and Marcus are peas in a pod. Both Narcissistic and have tainted state titles with recruits. It will be interesting to see how all the mamas at SW adjust to their entitled princes getting a dose of Norman's ego. Good luck with that. Ask any Valley parent about both of them

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Marc made it to state without Brigham. If not for africentrics vacated season it would’ve been three in a row .

Return to “Boys Basketball”