South Webster - Head Coach

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: South Webster - Head Coach

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

transplant wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:08 pm You really think a different coach will correct that? Doubtful.
I think a different coach doesn’t grow the sack required 2 games before the tournament starts.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I get it, so the new coach just ends it before it begins and doesn't put him on the team? Could work. Will be interesting to see what direction they go with a new coach. Is Norm really considering it?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

transplant wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:45 pm I get it, so the new coach just ends it before it begins and doesn't put him on the team? Could work. Will be interesting to see what direction they go with a new coach. Is Norm really considering it?
Nobody but Norm knows that I’d say. There hasn’t been anything posted on here that’s anything more than speculation on the likely suspects, him and Fenton.

As far as 22 goes, if he can’t get it together before next season, I’d say forget it. No need to waste 18 games on him to figure out who he is gonna be as an upperclassman.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

True, just wasn't sure what the word around town was. And I agree with you there.

Ovc04
Waterboy

Post by Ovc04 »

Blitz wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:46 pm
burgpirater wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:40 pm
jeepmadness wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:42 pm JG, norm persin……either way sounds like we are about to get an influx of new students. Yay! Sarcasm if you didn’t pick up on that.
didnt webster already get 3 kids from burg last year? were u happy then? i heard one is moving back to da burg we shall see
unless they buy a house in burg they won't be back... none live in Burg and I doubt they would want to sit half the year in all sports even IF they would allow them to return
Don’t matter where they live u can go back to home school 1 time no penalties unless they went before 9th grade year

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:42 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:08 pm You really think a different coach will correct that? Doubtful.
I think a different coach doesn’t grow the sack required 2 games before the tournament starts.
Hearing #22 may not be there next year.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Good riddance then.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:11 pm
Where would he go?

P Finger
Waterboy

Post by P Finger »

transplant wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:07 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:11 pm

Where would he go?
Talked to his guardian. Said if JG is the man he’ll stay and act like he’s got some sense. If it’s anyone else he’ll either act like a fool or transfer to wherever JG lands. For what it’s worth.

I like to pee on my finger and stick it in your ear. 😂
jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

jeepmadness wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:42 pm JG, norm persin……either way sounds like we are about to get an influx of new students. Yay! Sarcasm if you didn’t pick up on that.
didnt webster already get 3 kids from burg last year? were u happy then? i heard one is moving back to da burg we shall see
Cole didn’t bring them in. Fact.
If persin gets it he will bring in players.

As far as fixing attitudes….that’s a parent’s responsibility. My kid acts that way it won’t be the coaches call. That’s mine all the way as a parent. My kid would be done by my decision. That’s straight embarrassment.

If you want the right to complain you must be doing one of two things:
1. Doing your best to make yourself better
2. Doing something to make the world better

If you are not doing one of these things then shut your mouth!
NoseyRosey
Waterboy

Post by NoseyRosey »

Blitz wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:46 pm
unless they buy a house in burg they won't be back... none live in Burg and I doubt they would want to sit half the year in all sports even IF they would allow them to return
Mault didn't buy a house in SW and doesn't live there. Lol you can play wherever

seosportsfanalumni
Waterboy

Post by seosportsfanalumni »

I thought this topic had died so I haven’t looked in a couple days!! According to people around the school and community, they might as well close the applications and not do any interviews. Supposedly, since Norm put in for it, it’s his to have.

I’ll go against some of the wave. Norm would not be good for this position. Bring in someone that wants to connect with the kids, be apart of the community other than just October-March. Bring in someone that isn’t just looking for a hopeful run of wins. Someone that could be there for the long run. Be honest, how many years will Norm be there? 2 or 3? Then the process starts over again with no development of younger players. Bring someone in that wants to invest not only in the team but the school, team and community.

P Finger
Waterboy

Post by P Finger »

seosportsfanalumni wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:51 pm I thought this topic had died so I haven’t looked in a couple days!! According to people around the school and community, they might as well close the applications and not do any interviews. Supposedly, since Norm put in for it, it’s his to have.

I’ll go against some of the wave. Norm would not be good for this position. Bring in someone that wants to connect with the kids, be apart of the community other than just October-March. Bring in someone that isn’t just looking for a hopeful run of wins. Someone that could be there for the long run. Be honest, how many years will Norm be there? 2 or 3? Then the process starts over again with no development of younger players. Bring someone in that wants to invest not only in the team but the school, team and community.
JG can and will do all of the above.

Jimmie Gillispie
Waterboy

Post by Jimmie Gillispie »

seosportsfanalumni wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:51 pm I thought this topic had died so I haven’t looked in a couple days!! According to people around the school and community, they might as well close the applications and not do any interviews. Supposedly, since Norm put in for it, it’s his to have.

Building culture is how we won at Bishop Sycamore. I have yet to lose to Moeller and I know we can make a habit of building young men and beating the brakes off Tremble on a yearly basis. You cant go wrong with JG!

Go Anywhere. Do Anything.®
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

If Norm took it why would he only be there a couple years? Pierce K isn’t even in Jr High yet.

alumnisportsseoswbb
Waterboy

Post by alumnisportsseoswbb »

Long time reader, told myself I would stay out of this since I live out of town but I can't anymore.

We get it, you want Sheets. You are either Sheets himself, or a relative/friend of Sheets. You want a Jr. High Coach with zero HS coaching experience or even playing experience to follow up on a season where fans thought they underachieved. Tell me how that makes any sense whatsoever.

My nephew is in the freshman class. I watched nearly all of their Junior High games on the live stream. You're right, this freshman class had a lot of hype. Guess how many times they won the Junior High Championship? None. Guess how many times they even made the Championship? That is also none. I don't want to see my nephew underachieve with a coach that has no clue what he's doing other than create preps accounts to hype himself up. Quit trying to angle this to fit your agenda.

Personally, I'd love Norm. South Webster has needed someone who will push the kids for many years now. If Norm is willing to risk his health to do it, why the heck wouldn't South Webster jump on that? If fans want to see their kid pushed and win games he's by far the best choice and it's not even close. I know my brother and I would be ecstatic with the hire, even if that means my nephew gets yelled at sometimes or doesn't even get as much playing time. That'll push him to work harder.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Agree 100% ^^^

P Finger
Waterboy

Post by P Finger »

alumnisportsseoswbb wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:14 am

Long time reader, told myself I would stay out of this since I live out of town but I can't anymore.

We get it, you want Sheets. You are either Sheets himself, or a relative/friend of Sheets. You want a Jr. High Coach with zero HS coaching experience or even playing experience to follow up on a season where fans thought they underachieved. Tell me how that makes any sense whatsoever.

My nephew is in the freshman class. I watched nearly all of their Junior High games on the live stream. You're right, this freshman class had a lot of hype. Guess how many times they won the Junior High Championship? None. Guess how many times they even made the Championship? That is also none. I don't want to see my nephew underachieve with a coach that has no clue what he's doing other than create preps accounts to hype himself up. Quit trying to angle this to fit your agenda.

Personally, I'd love Norm. South Webster has needed someone who will push the kids for many years now. If Norm is willing to risk his health to do it, why the heck wouldn't South Webster jump on that? If fans want to see their kid pushed and win games he's by far the best choice and it's not even close. I know my brother and I would be ecstatic with the hire, even if that means my nephew gets yelled at sometimes or doesn't even get as much playing time. That'll push him to work harder.
The poster you accused of having an agenda (and being selfish is what you’re getting at) is no more selfish than you are. Nephew? I bet in reality you’re his dad. Another daddy selfishly wants what might be good for his son but not for the longevity of the program. If they want a long term commitment and a builder of an excellent program they need look no further than JG. He’s the answer.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:14 am If Norm took it why would he only be there a couple years? Pierce K isn’t even in Jr High yet.
Exactly. If Persin gets it, he’s there at least 6 years until his grandson graduates. That about the normal shelf-life for any high school coach.

As for what others have said, majority of Webster fans I’ve talked to just want a coach who wins. Period. There will definitely be move-ins, but there were 3 move-ins last year, so what’s the difference?

I guarantee though the best players will always play with Persin coaching regardless where they came from or what their last name is (as it should be). Won’t be any BS from the kids or their parents either. Some people going to figure that out quick, or will be playing elsewhere.*

P Finger
Waterboy

Post by P Finger »

If you want a short term fix with closed practices, screaming at kids, and someone who will quit if they don’t get exactly what they want all the time then certainly go for someone else who’s been mentioned. But if you want a winner who does none of those things then consider JG.

Return to “Boys Basketball”