Norm Persin hired at SW

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Norm Persin hired at SW

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The board voted it in last night. It’s official.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Re: Norm Persin hired at SW

Post by Hoopster98 »

What a talent chaser. When it dries he will be gone.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

BOOOOOOM

Norm needs some new jewelry, so he has came to SW.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I think Richmond Heights will have something to say about that.

Sciotodowns
Waterboy

Post by Sciotodowns »

I see people just saying “talent chaser”… The man is in his 70’s who is expecting him to go to a low talented school and build a program from bottom to top. Wake up. The man has almost 800 wins, he’s a proven winner and proven he can build programs. It also makes sense for him to be at SW his family lives in the district his daughter I believe is a teacher, his son in law is the Superintendent and his two grandchildren attend SW. “but he’s just a talent chaser” Actually I believe the talent will chase him…. I’m hearing there is a standout guard just down river about 40min who could potentially be a jeep.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

His son also teaches at the school. Think Jimmy Dan will join his staff?

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Good for Southwebstern. Now that they have a coach who owns a set maybe they will nut up and play Trimble.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Hoopster98 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:45 pm I think Richmond Heights will have something to say about that.

Persin will play ball control and keep it close.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:34 pm
Hoopster98 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:45 pm I think Richmond Heights will have something to say about that.

This is one of the dumbest statements I've read in a while. I'm a southern Ohio diehard but "NO" southern Ohio D-IV team is keeping the game close against Richmond Heights. Richmond Heights is the only team that can keep it close against another Division IV schools.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:43 pm
SWJeeps22 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:34 pm

This is one of the dumbest statements I've read in a while. I'm a southern Ohio diehard but "NO" southern Ohio D-IV team is keeping the game close against Richmond Heights. Richmond Heights is the only team that can keep it close against another Division IV schools.
Never say Never, especially with a fundamental, disciplined and efficient Norm Persin team.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Will everyone stay to play for him now ,or will Notre Dame gain from it like everyone is saying?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Regional championships are the new state title for SE d4 teams.

We’ve got a shot. If anyone wants to leave don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

Area51
Waterboy

Post by Area51 »

Why would anyone leave to go play basketball at ND? The most poorly coached team in Scioto County. They’ve had the best team in SOC1 two years in a row and they’ve done nothing with it.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I agree with Swanker. Regional titles is SE state title in D4. Also, Area 51 I thought ND did a great job this year with their young guards. Season looked rough to start due to young guards turning ball over and not being "ready". I thought they found what worked and stuck with it. Went on quite a bit of a win streak this past season and went on to the district finals, had a good chance to win even without their starting PG. Titans did underachieve in 21-22 but thought they finished well this past season.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

The game has changed more in the last 4 years than it did in the previous 20

His stint at Valley wasn’t successful with better talent and definitely better attitudes than he will have at Webster.

Historically he needs a post threat for his offense to work. Didn’t have one at Valley and it showed. Doesn’t have one at Webster unless the 6-7 kid is gonna do it and all he seems to want to do is play outside.

This will be a Circus.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it will be great seeing a "legend" back courtside! Congratulations Coach Persin ... 778 wins! and folks are finding "fault" in the hire ... IF the players are truly players and they WANT to learn to play the game of basketball as a TEAM the way high school basketball was meant to be played Norm is the guy - especially in SEOhio - we don't have legitimate D1 athletes in any sport growing on trees Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... the ONLY way teams in SEOhio can compete is by players knowing how to play their positions, being fundamentally sound , playing defense as a TEAM ... if players on the TEAM are PLAYERS - ALL of what Coach Persin will bring to the players will make them the BEST players they can be ... if Jeeps Nation wants the BEST team they can put on the basketball court - the egos need to be checked at the door, you buy into what Coach Norm brings to practices and courtside ... Congratulations Coach Persin ... pfloyd looks forward to meeting up in the 2023-24 season! wishing you the best Coach! ...

Sciotodowns
Waterboy

Post by Sciotodowns »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:33 pm The game has changed more in the last 4 years than it did in the previous 20

His stint at Valley wasn’t successful with better talent and definitely better attitudes than he will have at Webster.

Historically he needs a post threat for his offense to work. Didn’t have one at Valley and it showed. Doesn’t have one at Webster unless the 6-7 kid is gonna do it and all he seems to want to do is play outside.

This will be a Circus.

HUH! Do you know anything about the teams he’s coached? He had MANY rosters at Chesapeake where his biggest players were 6’0-6’2. Things went south at Valley because they thought they wanted a tough coach until the tough coach got there. Him having a health scare at Valley didn’t help either.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Area51 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:55 pm Why would anyone leave to go play basketball at ND? The most poorly coached team in Scioto County. They’ve had the best team in SOC1 two years in a row and they’ve done nothing with it.
Bingo you hit the nail on the head with ND. Coach is a great guy but........

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Sciotodowns wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:13 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:33 pm The game has changed more in the last 4 years than it did in the previous 20

This will be a Circus.

HUH! Do you know anything about the teams he’s coached? He had MANY rosters at Chesapeake where his biggest players were 6’0-6’2. Things went south at Valley because they thought they wanted a tough coach until the tough coach got there. Him having a health scare at Valley didn’t help either.

He left Valley bc he saw the hand writing on the wall. Bad chemistry and daddy wanted jr to be the star, he was smart to have health issues.
Will be interesting to see if this works at SW if he gets some transfers it will if he doenst it won't pretty simple.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Prayers for MattyIce and thedumbprodigy. Both probably in shambles with this hire 🚨

Return to “Boys Basketball”