Tanner on the move again, Marshall???

Jumper45
Riding the Bench

Re: Tanner on the move again, Marshall???

Post by Jumper45 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:05 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:00 am Good grief. We can critique Tanner. Hes a grown man. We critique the president of the United States and none of us of probably been in that high of the political arena.

Having said that, I thought Tanner was poorly handled by the Ohio State coach. I believe Tanner could definitely contribute to a power 5 school easily but for some reason the Ohio State Coach started to remove his minutes for the younger guys. Not sure on his reasoning but the communication to tanner on the outside looked poor.

Holtmann really showed just how bad of a coach he is. Tanner would have easily helped the Buckeyes out this past season but Hotmann flat screwed him. How in the heck he thought Likele and McNeil were better than Tanner is an absolute joke. Everyone keeps saying Tanner couldn't play power5 ball but they thought those two could!!!! McNeil was horrible and brought nothing to the floor. He couldn't score and he couldn't rebound. He in no way used Tanner like he should of which was taking the ball to the rim and either getting the foul or getting the bucket. He hit 221 free throws the year before at Wright St. TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY ONE!!!!!!!!!!! That was second in the nation for free throws made. In all of the games I watched Tanner never took the ball to the basket. He would come down the floor and in Holtmann's stupid offense he would go stand in a corner and never see the ball.

Also, I love all of the comments about how he can't play in the Big Ten or against the power5 guys. He has played against those guys his whole basketball career on the AAU circuit so yeah, he could have easily played with them but just never got the chance. Every time the Bucks were on the BigTen network, former Purdue player Robbie Hummell would always comment on why isn't Tanner involved in the offense more. He knew he should have been playing.

I will not watch another Ohio State basketball game as long as Holtmann remains the coach. Everyone in Columbus knows he is a huge joke and want him gone.

Also, with the new rule they implemented, doesn't he have to sit out a year if he goes anywher that back to Wright St??

Whereever he goes I will follow every game he plays in. Loved watching him play all of these years and can't wait to see him on the floor again.
To the people that talk about how bad of a coach Holtman is what do you do for a living that makes you such an authority on basketball. Have you ever played at or coached at a higher level than jr high or high school

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jumper45 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:10 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:05 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:00 am Good grief. We can critique Tanner. Hes a grown man. We critique the president of the United States and none of us of probably been in that high of the political arena.

Having said that, I thought Tanner was poorly handled by the Ohio State coach. I believe Tanner could definitely contribute to a power 5 school easily but for some reason the Ohio State Coach started to remove his minutes for the younger guys. Not sure on his reasoning but the communication to tanner on the outside looked poor.

Holtmann really showed just how bad of a coach he is. Tanner would have easily helped the Buckeyes out this past season but Hotmann flat screwed him. How in the heck he thought Likele and McNeil were better than Tanner is an absolute joke. Everyone keeps saying Tanner couldn't play power5 ball but they thought those two could!!!! McNeil was horrible and brought nothing to the floor. He couldn't score and he couldn't rebound. He in no way used Tanner like he should of which was taking the ball to the rim and either getting the foul or getting the bucket. He hit 221 free throws the year before at Wright St. TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY ONE!!!!!!!!!!! That was second in the nation for free throws made. In all of the games I watched Tanner never took the ball to the basket. He would come down the floor and in Holtmann's stupid offense he would go stand in a corner and never see the ball.

Also, I love all of the comments about how he can't play in the Big Ten or against the power5 guys. He has played against those guys his whole basketball career on the AAU circuit so yeah, he could have easily played with them but just never got the chance. Every time the Bucks were on the BigTen network, former Purdue player Robbie Hummell would always comment on why isn't Tanner involved in the offense more. He knew he should have been playing.

I will not watch another Ohio State basketball game as long as Holtmann remains the coach. Everyone in Columbus knows he is a huge joke and want him gone.

Also, with the new rule they implemented, doesn't he have to sit out a year if he goes anywher that back to Wright St??

Whereever he goes I will follow every game he plays in. Loved watching him play all of these years and can't wait to see him on the floor again.
To the people that talk about how bad of a coach Holtman is what do you do for a living that makes you such an authority on basketball. Have you ever played at or coached at a higher level than jr high or high school
He's just above 500 wins as a coach. I wouldn't call him an authority. And yes I believe he didn't handle Tanner the correct way.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

i’ll always say Tanner Holden is bigtime athlete. state champ. undefeated at that. played in the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament. hit a game winning shot for the OSU Mems basketball team. there’s no one else on this forum that has done anything like that.

so. that being said. has he announced a transfer ? and if so. did the Herd get em ?? i haven’t seen a segment by Keith Moorehouse on WSAZ so assuming no.

i sure would like to see him in huntington. little selfish of me ha

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

countywide35 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:54 am i’ll always say Tanner Holden is bigtime athlete. state champ. undefeated at that. played in the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament. hit a game winning shot for the OSU Mems basketball team. there’s no one else on this forum that has done anything like that.

so. that being said. has he announced a transfer ? and if so. did the Herd get em ?? i haven’t seen a segment by Keith Moorehouse on WSAZ so assuming no.

He is going back to Wright State.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

transplant wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:56 am
countywide35 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:54 am i’ll always say Tanner Holden is bigtime athlete. state champ. undefeated at that. played in the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament. hit a game winning shot for the OSU Mems basketball team. there’s no one else on this forum that has done anything like that.

no kidding ???

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

countywide35 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:00 am
transplant wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:56 am

no kidding ???
https://wsuraiders.com/news/2023/5/17/m ... olden.aspx

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck to the youngster. He'll be adding to his wright state hall of fame resume this year.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Boys Basketball”