Tanner on the move again, Marshall???

Volunteer
Riding the Bench

Tanner on the move again, Marshall???

Post by Volunteer »

Where will he end up?

PTrojan59
S

Re: Tanner on the move again, Marshall???

Post by PTrojan59 »

I think transferring to a major Power 5 school would be a mistake. However I think there’s plenty of localish to home teams he could go to and flourish. Marshall, Ohio U, Morehead, Dayton, Miami OH. Just to name a few. Cincinnati or WVU could possibly also be options for him, however not sure he would play a ton at either place. Is a return to Wright State out of the question? Hate that it didn’t work out for him in Columbus. I’ll try to catch a few games wherever he ends up playing at.

Who Dey!
wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Decen5 basketball at Shawnee and he would play

Volunteer
Riding the Bench

Post by Volunteer »

He did have a visit to wvu when he was still in high school

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

wipala wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:39 pm Decen5 basketball at Shawnee and he would play
Losing their coach, would expect the program to go down a bit from years past.

Who Dey!
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

have heard he is in contact with Toledo.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Ohio would be lucky to get him.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Would be cool to see him at Marshall or WVU even OU would be awesome

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
daneferrari
Waterboy

Post by daneferrari »

PTrojan59 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:28 pm I think transferring to a major Power 5 school would be a mistake. However I think there’s plenty of localish to home teams he could go to and flourish. Marshall, Ohio U, Morehead, Dayton, Miami OH. Just to name a few. Cincinnati or WVU could possibly also be options for him, however not sure he would play a ton at either place. Is a return to Wright State out of the question? Hate that it didn’t work out for him in Columbus. I’ll try to catch a few games wherever he ends up playing at BetPokies.
Totally agree!
Last edited by daneferrari on Mon May 08, 2023 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

PTrojan59 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:28 pm I think transferring to a major Power 5 school would be a mistake. However I think there’s plenty of localish to home teams he could go to and flourish. Marshall, Ohio U, Morehead, Dayton, Miami OH. Just to name a few. Cincinnati or WVU could possibly also be options for him, however not sure he would play a ton at either place. Is a return to Wright State out of the question? Hate that it didn’t work out for him in Columbus. I’ll try to catch a few games wherever he ends up playing at.
I think most thought it was a bad idea in the first place, some thought it was ok but when compared to the top players in the country in the power 5 schools he's just not there. I think the schools you listed would be right in line for where he's at except Cincy and WVU.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I wish him well where ever he decides to go!

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Would love to see him back at Marshall. He will be the best player on the floor for them from Day 1 if he transfers there, plus his family's roots there are deep. It would be amazing for all involved.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

WVU has signed Arizona starting PG and Syracuse big man from the portal. They have also signed a guard from Montana St that scored 27pts in the tournament against Kansas. He had spent 2 years at Washington before transferring to Montana St last year.
They also have two guards from Manhattan (one was at WVU this past year but NCAA denied him eligibility). The other also sat out the season after Manhattan fired their coach 2 weeks before the start of practice.
I can't see WVU being an option. If he had limited playing time at OSU I can't see WVU offering. I don't know much about UC's roster but with their move to the Big XII next year I would be surprised if that was an option.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

so his first year i watch him in the NCAA Tourney.

then i see him hit a game winning shot for OSU

how can anyone on here criticize this young man or think he’s not good enough to play @Power5 ??

however. i would LOVE to see Marshall get him. Go Herd!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

countywide35 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:16 pm so his first year i watch him in the NCAA Tourney.

how can anyone on here criticize this young man or think he’s not good enough to play @Power5 ??

Not sure anyone is criticizing him. Facts are facts. He got beat out by freshmen at Ohio State. The shot you speak of was awesome, but shouldn’t have counted. He’s a good player but he’s not a power 5 conference player. He’s not aggressive enough, is maybe not selfish enough and he’s not that strong. Where is he going to go that’s a power 5 school and get playing time? Maybe somewhere but not close to home. Seems like maybe he wants to be away from home but close enough, hence Dayton & Columbus. He should go to Marshall honestly, close to home and he would be a go to guy for them. Good luck Tanner

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:48 am
countywide35 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:16 pm so his first year i watch him in the NCAA Tourney.

Not sure anyone is criticizing him. Facts are facts. He got beat out by freshmen at Ohio State. The shot you speak of was awesome, but shouldn’t have counted. He’s a good player but he’s not a power 5 conference player. He’s not aggressive enough, is maybe not selfish enough and he’s not that strong. Where is he going to go that’s a power 5 school and get playing time? Maybe somewhere but not close to home. Seems like maybe he wants to be away from home but close enough, hence Dayton & Columbus. He should go to Marshall honestly, close to home and he would be a go to guy for them. Good luck Tanner

well. you are right. i shouldn’t have use the word critize. but instead. point out a young man’s fault and why isn’t good enough. since going 15-0 winning a state championship. playing in the NCAA tournament, then hit a game winning shot for OSU basketball team. is BY FAR. more then anyone pointing those faults out. has ever even dreamed off. however. pointing out a student/athletes faults. is the biggest issue.

BUT AGAIN

i’m a little selfish. and I sure hope because of all it. i get to see him in the green/white for Mark DTionO Thundering Herd.

will he be the Randy Moss of basketball ?? i sure hope i get the chance to see Keith Moorehouse @620pm on WSAZ tell his story for the next decade.

Go to the Herd Tanner Holden !!! good luck

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

countywide35 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:48 pm

well. you are right. i shouldn’t have use the word critize. but instead. point out a young man’s fault and why isn’t good enough. since going 15-0 winning a state championship. playing in the NCAA tournament, then hit a game winning shot for OSU basketball team. is BY FAR. more then anyone pointing those faults out. has ever even dreamed off. however. pointing out a student/athletes faults. is the biggest issue.

BUT AGAIN

i’m a little selfish. and I sure hope because of all it. i get to see him in the green/white for Mark DTionO Thundering Herd.

will he be the Randy Moss of basketball ?? i sure hope i get the chance to see Keith Moorehouse @620pm on WSAZ tell his story for the next decade.

None of these numbnuts criticizing him could even carry his jockstrap, though every one of them would gladly voluntarily try do so given the opportunity. This site is primarily made up of jokers who couldn’t cut it in high school sports but are quick to judge even the best players.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:29 pm

BUT AGAIN

None of these numbnuts criticizing him could even carry his jockstrap, though every one of them would gladly voluntarily try do so given the opportunity. This site is primarily made up of jokers who couldn’t cut it in high school sports but are quick to judge even the best players.

Once again nobody was criticizing him lmao. He’s a good basketball player, one of the better ones to come out of this area. It’s tough to play college ball at any level, he did well at Wright State, it was a good fit for the caliber of player he is. Ohio State was not, it showed and here we are. Quit being such a puss over someone commenting on a kid that likely isn’t yours.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:59 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:29 pm

BUT AGAIN

Once again nobody was criticizing him lmao. He’s a good basketball player, one of the better ones to come out of this area. It’s tough to play college ball at any level, he did well at Wright State, it was a good fit for the caliber of player he is. Ohio State was not, it showed and here we are. Quit being such a puss over someone commenting on a kid that likely isn’t yours.
Spoken like a true jock sniffer.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good grief. We can critique Tanner. Hes a grown man. We critique the president of the United States and none of us of probably been in that high of the political arena.

Having said that, I thought Tanner was poorly handled by the Ohio State coach. I believe Tanner could definitely contribute to a power 5 school easily but for some reason the Ohio State Coach started to remove his minutes for the younger guys. Not sure on his reasoning but the communication to tanner on the outside looked poor.

Return to “Boys Basketball”