Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio- Preseason 23-24

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio- Preseason 23-24

Post by pfloyd »

... getting ready for opening night tip-off! just finished watching scrimmages/foundation games : Western Pike vs Portsmouth Notre Dame, Linsly WVa vs John Marshall, River vs John Marshall, Jackson vs Peebles, Wadkins Memorial vs Morgan, Licking Valley vs Morgan, Whiteoak vs Lakota East(I think LOL - only saw East on the practice jersey) ... Friday can't get here soon enough!

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

FACSPORTS wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:46 pm
pointers87 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:10 pm I thought South Point played well. Jackson has two guards that can shoot the ball. Jackson boxes out well. Jackson will win their conference. Lovely shoulder was affecting him. We need him to get healthy if we’re going to make any run. I thought our press was strong. Did a good job taking care of the ball. Missed too many lay-ups. Once we clean our mistakes up we will be fine.

South Gallia was in attendance and they play hard. They won a few quarters against South Point and Jackson. They are way to low in the rankings.
While Jackson has a really good team this year and I fully anticipate them winning 15-18 games, they are still very young. Miami Trace has a senior-laden team that is the best team they have had in the last 10 years or so. They will start four seniors and a 6'7" 260lb athletic sophomore that Jackson will struggle to guard in my opinion. I think next year and the year after, Jackson will be the favorites to win the FAC, but this year it is the Panther's title to lose. Also, you can't count out Washington CH who returns three starters from last season's FAC championship team and will be very athletic. They will probably start four seniors and a sophomore as well.
FAC - IMO you've got tons of truth to your comment... it's really tough to argue against a talented senior-laden MT (and WCH) team. I think we'll see some great games in the FAC this season, with some polar opposite teams/styles of play. As with any high school sport we watch, I hope for all healthy kids and some really close games! The better the season games, the more battle tested they'll be for SE Ohio to make noise during Basketball :30.

I just looked at Jackson's roster, and it has 1 senior, 7 sophomores and 4 freshmen. Trial by fire this season in the FAC. Ha-ha

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

Is Daddyball still the coach at Athens?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

What a dandy of a ball game over at the Hoosier Gym in Knightstown! Jackson led the whole first half and into the 3rd quarter until West made a run with their defensive pressure to get back in the game. The 4th quarter was back and forth with the Senators prevailing 72-70.

Jackson ball club is a special group that will win many ball games this year and my Senators will stay in and win some ball games if they can play with type of intensity all season. One this for certain, I’m glad basketball is back!

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:05 am What a dandy of a ball game over at the Hoosier Gym in Knightstown! Jackson led the whole first half and into the 3rd quarter until West made a run with their defensive pressure to get back in the game. The 4th quarter was back and forth with the Senators prevailing 72-70.

Jackson ball club is a special group that will win many ball games this year and my Senators will stay in and win some ball games if they can play with type of intensity all season. One this for certain, I’m glad basketball is back!
... great win to start the campaign for West Siders!!! and playing in the Hossier Gym - super experience for both teams ... well done by both schools in getting this to happen for the players/fans ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

51 of the 72 teams in the SouthEast District tipped it off this past weekend - great start! 11 teams played 2 games with their first back-to-backs on the opening weekend ... Eastern Pike, Western Pike, Fairfield Leesburg, Waverly all opened at 2-0 this past weekend ... River Valley, Rock Hill, & Whiteoak split their openers for 1-1 records ...

... the first "official" Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio will come out Monday December 11th around 8pm (due to pfloyd attending the Sunday day of games at Shawnee State on 12/10 - the final game of the day is Fairland vs Unioto 6:45pm ... won't get back to the Hocking Hills until about 10pm ... the committee of one is old AND still has a day job sooooo Monday evening will be the target date for the 1st rankings of the regular season ...

... the committee of one - me - has not been slacking this Sunday however!!! watched the Fairland vs North Adams game, both the Eastern Pike win over Piketon and Western Pike's win over Huntington ... went through and recorded all of the game results on the big board and unofficially moved teams that DID play this past weekend up or down the "preseason ranking" starting positions based on the weekends results ... with that said we had one team drop out of the Elite 8 and one move into the top 8 ... we'll see how the first full week goes to see who stays/goes and/or moves into the Elite 8 ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:50 pm 51 of the 72 teams in the SouthEast District tipped it off this past weekend - great start! 11 teams played 2 games with their first back-to-backs on the opening weekend ... Eastern Pike, Western Pike, Fairfield Leesburg, Waverly all opened at 2-0 this past weekend ... River Valley, Rock Hill, & Whiteoak split their openers for 1-1 records ...

... the first "official" Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio will come out Monday December 11th around 8pm (due to pfloyd attending the Sunday day of games at Shawnee State on 12/10 - the final game of the day is Fairland vs Unioto 6:45pm ... won't get back to the Hocking Hills until about 10pm ... the committee of one is old AND still has a day job sooooo Monday evening will be the target date for the 1st rankings of the regular season ...

... the committed of one - me - has not been slacking this Sunday however!!! watched the Fairland vs North Adams game, both the Eastern Pike win over Piketon and Western Pike's win over Huntington ... went through and recorded all of the game results on the big board and unofficially moved teams that DID play this past weekend up or down the "preseason ranking" starting positions based on the weekends results ... with that said we had one team drop out of the Elite 8 and one move into the top 8 ... we'll see how the first full week goes to see who stays/goes and/or moves into the Elite 8 ...
See you on Sunday!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:19 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:50 pm 51 of the 72 teams in the SouthEast District tipped it off this past weekend - great start! 11 teams played 2 games with their first back-to-backs on the opening weekend ... Eastern Pike, Western Pike, Fairfield Leesburg, Waverly all opened at 2-0 this past weekend ... River Valley, Rock Hill, & Whiteoak split their openers for 1-1 records ...

... the committed of one - me - has not been slacking this Sunday however!!! watched the Fairland vs North Adams game, both the Eastern Pike win over Piketon and Western Pike's win over Huntington ... went through and recorded all of the game results on the big board and unofficially moved teams that DID play this past weekend up or down the "preseason ranking" starting positions based on the weekends results ... with that said we had one team drop out of the Elite 8 and one move into the top 8 ... we'll see how the first full week goes to see who stays/goes and/or moves into the Elite 8 ...
See you on Sunday!
How many games are you guys -SOSA- broadcasting ?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:40 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:19 pm

See you on Sunday!
How many games are you guys -SOSA- broadcasting ?
Hopefully 2 or 3, but have to get clearance first. If we aren’t able stream, I’ll still be there watching at least.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Big early season test for Warren as they face probably the toughest team on their schedule when they travel to Wheeling Wednesday night to take on Linsly. Sounds like this year's version of Linsly could be even more athletic than last season's. Linsly is also scheduled to matchup with Fairland here in a few weeks at the Ironton Classic.
https://www.theintelligencer.net/sports ... -schedule/

Go Blue
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

THE South Webster Jeeps bust open the season tomorrow (Tuesday) the 5th @ Green. If I’m not mistaken Webster only plays two home games this month.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Any word on Pica for Minford?
The falcons open up Friday at Home vs South Gallia. May be the first time these teams have played?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tuesday night ! the first full week of hoops action kicks off or tips off! we should have most, if not all of the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line in action this week ... the pfloyd tour lands in McArthur tonight with Vinton County entertaining Coach Kellough and his Zane Trace Pioneers ... VC comes off of a "running clock" win over Logan Saturday night 55-26 ... while ZT lost it's opener to the Circleville Tigers 43-49 ... 3 games on tap tonight- looking forward to getting eyes on preseason Elite 8 Vinton County to see if they are who I think they are ... safe travels tonight everyone ...

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

There are not 19 teams better than Fairfield Union in the SE District. Zero chance.

Alexander is down. They are not going to win a lot of games. But even at that, there are not 19 teams better than FU.

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Whs95fan wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:28 am Big early season test for Warren as they face probably the toughest team on their schedule when they travel to Wheeling Wednesday night to take on Linsly. Sounds like this year's version of Linsly could be even more athletic than last season's. Linsly is also scheduled to matchup with Fairland here in a few weeks at the Ironton Classic.
Is there a live stream for this one tonight?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:30 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:28 am Big early season test for Warren as they face probably the toughest team on their schedule when they travel to Wheeling Wednesday night to take on Linsly. Sounds like this year's version of Linsly could be even more athletic than last season's. Linsly is also scheduled to matchup with Fairland here in a few weeks at the Ironton Classic.
Is there a live stream for this one tonight?
This should be the link for Warren vs Linsly
https://fan.hudl.com/usa/wv/wheeling/or ... N0NjE5NjQ2

Go Blue
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Finals for 12/6/23 :

Warren 58
Linsly WVa 63

Circleville 55
Southeastern 47

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly traveled cross County to Beaver and came away with a 63-52 win over the Eastern Eagles tonight to move to 3-0.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Once Pfloyd lays eyes on the big dawg Jeeps I think we’ll move into the Elite tier

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:42 am Once Pfloyd lays eyes on the big dawg Jeeps I think we’ll move into the Elite tier
… will see the Jeeps Sunday at Shawnee State … looking forward to it!

Return to “Boys Basketball”