OVC Predictions for upcoming season?

PointerNation00
Waterboy

OVC Predictions for upcoming season?

Post by PointerNation00 »

What are the OVC Predictions 1-8 this year? Who are the star players or upcoming players?

SmallTown
Waterboy

Re: OVC Predictions for upcoming season?

Post by SmallTown »

Ironton
SP
Fair
Ches
Gallia
Ports
CG
RH

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

South Point
Portsmouth
Fairland
Ironton
Chesapeake
Gallia
Rock Hill
Coal Grove

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

South Point
Portsmouth
Ironton
Fairland
Chesapeake
Gallia
Coal Grove
Rock Hill

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I have to admit I know nothing about what CG or Rock Hill brings to the table this season HOWEVER I KNOW what the other top 6 TEAMS are packing - not sure how the 6 at the top will shakeout BUT getting W's at home in league action is going to be a must, leaving the team who can steal a few road games from the other 5 teams at the top of the OVC will win the league ... night in night out the OVC is going to be a brutal gauntlet of games ... I don't know the league schedule but the Pointers might be in a tough spot with Haney out for at least a few games due to the broken collar bone , finding offense other than Lovely might be tough early until everyone figures out their roles ... South Point, Gallia Academy, Fairland, Ironton, Chesapeake, Portsmouth ALL capable of taking the league ... hate that I'm 2 hours away from OVC land - with the closest games for me to get to would be at Gallia Academy at an hour and a half from here in the Hocking Hills ...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I wish I knew more about each team to make a forecast of the OVC title chase, but I can tell you that Portsmouth will have a completely different look this season under Coach Jeff Lisath. Jeff wants to play full court pressing and fast pace on offense, and he has the depth to do so. 6-2 SR DeAndre Berry will lead the way, as he averaged 17 PPG last season. 5-9 SR Isaiah Lewis returns at PG, while 6-2 Donovan Breech has dedicated himself to basketball over the summer. 6-2 SR Noah Livingston, 6-5 JR Luke Stine, and 5-10 JR Malachi Loper will battle for the other 2 starting spots. Loper averaged 17 PPG last season at Portsmouth Clay and made 1st team SOC I and also made SE All-District.

South Point has enough returning to be the preseason favorite, but as usual with the OVC there will be a lot of competitive games in conference play.

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

Fairland should be a lot stronger than last year. A lot of new players adding a ton of depth. I think Speed is arguably the best coach in the ovc, and get the advantage in close games. Portsmouth, Gallia, Ironton, Chesapeake and Fairland will all be good. I think this might be the most balanced the OVC has been in a while. Going to be a great and interesting season. Get your popcorn 🍿 ready.

Return to “Boys Basketball”