Twin State League Boys Hoops

boss8
JV Team

Re: Twin State League Boys Hoops

Post by boss8 »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:28 pm It was a 7 point game in the 4th when Chapman fouled out for Point wasn’t it?
I mean, yes, but I promise you he had nothing to do with any success PP had. He played so little because every time he was in the game he was just hacking people. Made really no impact on the game, their other guys played really hard and made it tough on the Tigers.

TigerFan15
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFan15 »

Tigers win 78-53 over Steubenville at home. Rare Saturday afternoon game. Tigers big man Alex Kendall scored at will for 36 points against the Big Red. Kendall is just as comfortable behind the three point line as he is from the paint. Had a very good shooting day. Wittekind and Knighten had solid games as well. Simply too much height and athleticism for Steubenville. Tigers at Fort Frye on Tuesday. No place for a let down.

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

boss8 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:07 pm
Sportsfan01 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:28 pm It was a 7 point game in the 4th when Chapman fouled out for Point wasn’t it?
I mean, yes, but I promise you he had nothing to do with any success PP had. He played so little because every time he was in the game he was just hacking people. Made really no impact on the game, their other guys played really hard and made it tough on the Tigers.
Kendall was better off with Chapman on the floor. Just shoot free throws.

Normal_A_Ron
Riding the Bench

Post by Normal_A_Ron »

Final: Warren 64, Fort Frye 45

Standings w/3 TSL games left to play for each team:
1. Marietta (3-0, 13-1)
2. Warren (2-1, 11-3)
3. Point Pleasant (1-2, 6-6)
4. Fort Frye (0-3, 8-6)

Warren-Marietta rematch is the big one, but both teams lost at PPHS last year and still have to go there this year. Will be interesting

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Did anyone go to the Warren vs fort Frye game? I didn’t get to go but the final score was closer than I expected.

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Sportsfan01 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:59 pm Did anyone go to the Warren vs fort Frye game? I didn’t get to go but the final score was closer than I expected.
Wasn’t it 64-45?

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:40 pm
Sportsfan01 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:59 pm Did anyone go to the Warren vs fort Frye game? I didn’t get to go but the final score was closer than I expected.
Wasn’t it 64-45?
Yes, but I expected it to be more than that. Since I wasn’t able to go or listen I was just curious is Fort hung around and warren pulled away at the end, or if Warren got up big early and fort went on a run at the end to make it look more respectable.

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Sportsfan01 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:53 am
SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:40 pm
Wasn’t it 64-45?
Yes, but I expected it to be more than that.
Agree. I’d have bet on “over” on a 19-point margin. But a 10-point Warren win or a 30-point Warren win not a big surprise. I think Marietta’s game Tuesday at Fort could be quite competitive. And both Warren and Marietta going to Point Pleasant is no easy task.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

I didn't go the game but articles for both games are online at the Times.
https://www.mariettatimes.com/sports/20 ... fort-frye/
https://www.mariettatimes.com/sports/20 ... ubenville/

Go Blue
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye with its best qt all season lead Marietta 13-11 after 1

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Marietta 59
Fort Frye 40

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Can we get a report on the Warren at Point Pleasant game? 58-14? Hard to comprehend and in West Virginia.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

Hookshot wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:24 am Can we get a report on the Warren at Point Pleasant game? 58-14? Hard to comprehend and in West Virginia.
If you want to watch it, go to pointpleasantlive on YouTube. It’s student led and the commentary was unusual to say the least. Point lead 5-1 in the first 2 minutes of the game and basically did not make a shot the rest of the game. Warren played ok but the rebounding on the offense and defensive sides was the biggest difference. Warrens big guys owned the inside and scored at will. Running clock in 3rd quarter.

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Stadleman (sp?) is the best player in the TSL and I’m not sure it’s close. Kids a baller

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Sportsfan01 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:31 pm Stadleman (sp?) is the best player in the TSL and I’m not sure it’s close. Kids a baller
He had a tremendous game tonight. But he’s not the best player in the TSL. You are entitled to your opinion but to say “it’s not even close”? Someone should compare this season’s full body of work. Scoring, defense, shooting percentage, etc. It appears you would be shocked if you knew.

Again, all credit to the young man for a big time performance tonight.

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

Stadleman is a top 3 player. Kendall had a subpar game tonight but I’d say he’s still at the top….6’8” and signed with a top level NCAA D2 program. Stadleman isn’t a D2 caliber player. If he’s wishing to be, he has a lot of work to do in many areas, including getting stronger and better decision making. However, Julian is a first team all-SE district caliber player.

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:36 pm
Sportsfan01 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:31 pm Stadleman (sp?) is the best player in the TSL and I’m not sure it’s close. Kids a baller
He had a tremendous game tonight. But he’s not the best player in the TSL. You are entitled to your opinion but to say “it’s not even close”? Someone should compare this season’s full body of work. Scoring, defense, shooting percentage, etc. It appears you would be shocked if you knew.

He’s been putting up big numbers all year.

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Sportsfan01 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:49 pm
SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:36 pm

He’s been putting up big numbers all year.
Please post his shooting statistics for the year — overall field goal percentage and 3-point field goals. When he gets hot he is electric. And we can compare to other top players in the district. Please remember you made the assertion and now it’s fair to have you defend it.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

What was the final score of the Fort Frye vs pt pleasant tonight

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:06 pm What was the final score of the Fort Frye vs pt pleasant tonight
66 to 35

Return to “Boys Basketball”