Monroe Central

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Re: Monroe Central

Post by IVCHAWKS »

Hawks most of the time wil never play a same division team in there district in the regular season, Linsly Academy,or wheeling Park or one of the big Parkersburg schools, might be a good upgrade hopefully they will play Martins Ferry again

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

MC Noles SportsFan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:12 am I have not noticed that anyone has mentioned Hilands great defensive performance...the 16 MC turnovers were caused by a defense that contested every pass, every dribble and practically every shot.
MC had not seen pressure D like that all year.
That's kinda a given at Hiland. If you don't want to give full effort on defense and learn the finer points of individual and team defense, you aren't going to see the floor much. Their offense comes and goes from year to year, and within a year, but effort and defense are constants.

I loved what the MC coach said. Paraphrasing: "I felt like they pushed us around and were stronger than we were. I hope this shows our guys that they need to get in the weight room." That is a very wise takeaway. Hiland lifts all year round and seeks an advantage by being the stronger team (because they are usually the smaller team). Sounds like MC will be trying to negate that advantage next year - and that's how you build your program for greater success.

They have felt the quality of the opponent and the intensity of the atmosphere of a district final. They can take that and use it to go further next year.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Hey Noles you gave us one helluva ride. Hiland is just next level great. Besides, when has there ever been 10 pages dedicated to Monroe Central basketball on a message board? You got them talking. You made me proud.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

selonmc wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:38 pm Hey Noles you gave us one helluva ride. Hiland is just next level great. Besides, when has there ever been 10 pages dedicated to Monroe Central basketball on a message board? You got them talking. You made me proud.
And now the Noles have seen what they have to do to get to that next level. It sounds like they are close. Congrats on a fantastic season!

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

From what I've seen and heard around Monroe County the Seminole sports teams are on the rise.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

HHS wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:39 am
MC Noles SportsFan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:19 am Great year for MC, No reason they can't be right back there playing for a trip to Regionals next season.
Hiland likely to be D6 next year. If MC is 7, they will cruise to regionals. D6 will be much tougher.

Despite the loss, I was impressed with MC. I had seen them play on film several times and didn’t think they played very hard on defense. They did last night. And the truth is on film they didn’t need to play very hard because they were so superior to their opponents. As several have mentioned, they need to find a few schedule upgrades. Should give Hiland AD a call and offer to drive up to Berlin next year. Schedule Linsley- that wouldn’t be terribly far for MC. Hawks are going to visit them in Wheeling next winter.

Monroe is going to be D6

They’ve added Marietta , Warren and Wheelersburg to the schedule next season.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:03 am
MC Noles SportsFan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:19 am Great year for MC, No reason they can't be right back there playing for a trip to Regionals next season.
Hiland likely to be D6 next year. If MC is 7, they will cruise to regionals. D6 will be much tougher.

Despite the loss, I was impressed with MC. I had seen them play on film several times and didn’t think they played very hard on defense. They did last night. And the truth is on film they didn’t need to play very hard because they were so superior to their opponents. As several have mentioned, they need to find a few schedule upgrades. Should give Hiland AD a call and offer to drive up to Berlin next year. Schedule Linsley- that wouldn’t be terribly far for MC. Hawks are going to visit them in Wheeling next winter.

Monroe is going to be D6

very smart on Coach Lang’s part. They will be a handful next year, even better than this year. Congrats on an outstanding season.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

I have there schedule and scores for this season,I like to see them drop Tusky Catholic, Bridgeport, Brooke magnolia at least once if not both times,if there going to play in that Toronto holiday showcase atleast have them match up with a good D1 or d2 team, I'm assuming there play MF twice again

Barn Baller
Waterboy

Post by Barn Baller »

As an East district fan I was at the Hiland MC game. Really great showing by the MC fans and community. I think MC thought they would roll Hiland after seeing the Shadyside score and that's what most people in this thread thought as well. One thing no one talked about is the Howell kid taking a shot in the closing seconds on Hilands best player. I rewatched it because people from Hiland were talking about it and were upset. It's a dirty play and luckily the kid wasn't seriously hurt. Howells a good player so im not sure was it just frustration from losing 3 yrs in a row to Hiland or what but there's no excuse for that. And don't tell me it wasn't dirty if you haven't rewatched it. No room for that in the game. Kid should have been kicked out of the game plain and simple. Then a MC senior flipped the double bird at the Hiland students when he went through the handshake line. I know things happen in the heat of the moment but that stuff was disappointing to see..

Steelers 78424
Waterboy

Post by Steelers 78424 »

It was a dirty play by Howell but refs usually swallow the whistle for him. MC student section would tend to ask who their daddy was, well they found out Friday night. I think MC’s best chance of making a deep playoff run was this year with moving to d6 and not playing cupcakes they are accustomed to. MC got the coach and players they wanted.m, was the #1 seed, had the fan and trip advantage. Hiland was vulnerable missing two starters and MC still couldn’t get it done 😏😂

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:03 am

Monroe is going to be D6

Both Warren and Marietta aren’t having an easy time of good programs wanting to play them, so good for MC for being willing to do that. The Warriors and Tigers both get turned down quite a bit, and then some people complain that their schedules aren’t strong enough.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Barn Baller wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:32 pm As an East district fan I was at the Hiland MC game. Really great showing by the MC fans and community. I think MC thought they would roll Hiland after seeing the Shadyside score and that's what most people in this thread thought as well. One thing no one talked about is the Howell kid taking a shot in the closing seconds on Hilands best player. I rewatched it because people from Hiland were talking about it and were upset. It's a dirty play and luckily the kid wasn't seriously hurt. Howells a good player so im not sure was it just frustration from losing 3 yrs in a row to Hiland or what but there's no excuse for that. And don't tell me it wasn't dirty if you haven't rewatched it. No room for that in the game. Kid should have been kicked out of the game plain and simple. Then a MC senior flipped the double bird at the Hiland students when he went through the handshake line. I know things happen in the heat of the moment but that stuff was disappointing to see..
Boo Hoo. You’re breaking my heart.

/sarcasm over lol

Barn Baller
Waterboy

Post by Barn Baller »

selonmc wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:24 pm
Barn Baller wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:32 pm As an East district fan I was at the Hiland MC game. Really great showing by the MC fans and community. I think MC thought they would roll Hiland after seeing the Shadyside score and that's what most people in this thread thought as well. One thing no one talked about is the Howell kid taking a shot in the closing seconds on Hilands best player. I rewatched it because people from Hiland were talking about it and were upset. It's a dirty play and luckily the kid wasn't seriously hurt. Howells a good player so im not sure was it just frustration from losing 3 yrs in a row to Hiland or what but there's no excuse for that. And don't tell me it wasn't dirty if you haven't rewatched it. No room for that in the game. Kid should have been kicked out of the game plain and simple. Then a MC senior flipped the double bird at the Hiland students when he went through the handshake line. I know things happen in the heat of the moment but that stuff was disappointing to see..

/sarcasm over lol
Actually let me rephrase my comment. MC came into Union Local and was throwing dunks down in warm-ups and showboating and it was like a festival in there. Then a bunch of kids 6 ft and shorter went out and kicked your butt and pushed you around. Your best player didn't like it and went bush league on Hilands best player. Cheap shot. Tucker Howell played weak competition all year while Hiland played against Mr Basketball and the Mr Basketball runner up. They got the coach fired down there and brought in the aau coach and brought in a transfer. Still couldn't beat Hiland. Did i miss anything Selon?

raindelay
Riding the Bench

Post by raindelay »

Barn Baller wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:56 pm

/sarcasm over lol
Actually let me rephrase my comment. MC came into Union Local and was throwing dunks down in warm-ups and showboating and it was like a festival in there. Then a bunch of kids 6 ft and shorter went out and kicked your butt and pushed you around. Your best player didn't like it and went bush league on Hilands best player. Cheap shot. Tucker Howell played weak competition all year while Hiland played against Mr Basketball and the Mr Basketball runner up. They got the coach fired down there and brought in the aau coach and brought in a transfer. Still couldn't beat Hiland. Did i miss anything Selon?
This is so embarrassing lolz

Ocelot
Waterboy

Post by Ocelot »

Is this game available to view anywhere online? The youtube page of WKLM doesn't seem to have it and neither does the NFHS network.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

It's only on ohsaa, spectrum sports for only 10.00 , wow what a game Hiland 62-59 in 2ot, as Nick Wigton hits a three from the college three point line at the buzzer

Ocelot
Waterboy

Post by Ocelot »

I meant the Monroe Central/Hiland game.

HHS
Waterboy

Post by HHS »

Ocelot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:24 pm I meant the Monroe Central/Hiland game.
It will likely be on the WKLM YouTube page after the state tournament. They take them off after the game and then put them back on once the season is over.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Congrats to Hiland on a great win today. Absolutely insane what Schlabach is able to do there year after year. They lost what 2-3 starters during the season and still made it to the state title
Game!?

Go Blue
allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

Barn Baller wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:56 pm

/sarcasm over lol
:lol: :lol: don't beg to have rocks thrown if you live in a glass house. This is a rough truth bomb.

Heard MC is going to the portal against this summer too, so we will see if that happens.

Malvern and hiland going to be tough to go through..

Return to “Boys Basketball”