Warren's Mark Duckworth Wins 400th Game

Whs95fan
S

Warren's Mark Duckworth Wins 400th Game

Post by Whs95fan »

Thought I would share this over from Facebook to here, congratulations Coach Duckworth!
Attachments
IMG_7054.jpeg

Go Blue
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Warren's Mark Duckworth Wins 400th Game

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

As a longtime Freshman/JV Coach, this is awesome to see. Congratulations to Coach Duckworth

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Duck has been with the Warren basketball program for a long time, has been an outstanding coach ... from coaching at Warren , taking a sabbatical from Warren when his boys played at Marietta ... then returning to Warren hoops ... 400 Wins is a great milestone at any level - Congratulations Duck ! - pfloyd

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

We're out here counting JV and freshman wins now? interesting.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

boss8 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:02 pm We're out here counting JV and freshman wins now? interesting.
They've been counting them for at least 24 years

Go Blue
TigerFan15
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFan15 »

Congrats Duck. A couple other things to mention. Varsity head coach Blaine Maddox too had his 400th win early this season. I think if you’d ask Blaine how effective Duck has been at preparing these kids for varsity basketball, I believe the answer would be an overwhelming yes. The record shows it. Also, it’s not just about wins and losses. Duck first started as a junior high coach at Marietta in 1987. If you talk to him, it’s more about the relationships with the kids over victories. Teaching them how to be fine young men, good students and the ability to win a lot of games along the way. 400 victories and counting!!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Congratulations 👏👏

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

Ask most of his former/current players on what they think of him and I’d imagine they would have positive things to say. Congratulations, Duck! Well deserved.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Congrats Mark! You have been a positive influence on hundreds of young men. For that, myself and many other parents are grateful. I would bet Blaine is extremely thankful for Duck's contribution to the program and his knack to develop our children. GO BLUE ! side note: I would also bet both Blaine and Mark give props to Coach Rod and all that have assisted.

Hosey Caadwell
Waterboy

Post by Hosey Caadwell »

boss8 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:02 pm We're out here counting JV and freshman wins now? interesting.
Somewhere right now local parents of coaches are digging into their scrapbooks and counting wins in Freshman and JV games for their kids

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Johnny Quest wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:06 am Congrats Mark! You have been a positive influence on hundreds of young men. For that, myself and many other parents are grateful. I would bet Blaine is extremely thankful for Duck's contribution to the program and his knack to develop our children. GO BLUE ! side note: I would also bet both Blaine and Mark give props to Coach Rod and all that have assisted.
Well said Johnny Quest! I read the sarcasm in many of the posts about " counting freshmen/jv coaching W's ... records" ... "programs" are built from the ground up - ie. from the younger ages up to the varsity ... when I look at THE best programs in SE Ohio - the Warrens, the Logan Elms, the North Adams, the Fairlands, one of the constants is consistency in the coaching/and in Warren's case the longevity of the coaching from the grade school ages/junior high grades with Rod Padgitt, up through the Freshmen/JV/ and Varsity - if you've gone to Warren since 1999-2000 through today it's the same coaching staff with very few changes ... Duck has been a BIG part of this staff and has helped build Warren's boys basketball into an outstanding "program" - hard to put together a group of coaches who stay coaching for over 20 years, who compliment each others skills but a group that buys into a single philosophy built on the fundamentals of the game first, building the character of the kids as they grow into young men with the concept of "family" - consistency/longevity ... Coach Rod Padgitt at the 7th/8th grade levels/9-12 with Coach Duckworth/Coach Jerry Mitchem/Coach Terry Coffman through to 25 year head coach Coach Blane Maddox ... yep if you have 400 Wins you HAVE BEEN doing it a long time, and if you've been doing it a long time on the same coaching staff/same school district - it usually points to a successful "program" ...

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:55 pm
Johnny Quest wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:06 am Congrats Mark! You have been a positive influence on hundreds of young men. For that, myself and many other parents are grateful. I would bet Blaine is extremely thankful for Duck's contribution to the program and his knack to develop our children. GO BLUE ! side note: I would also bet both Blaine and Mark give props to Coach Rod and all that have assisted.
Well said Johnny Quest! I read the sarcasm in many of the posts about " counting freshmen/jv coaching W's ... records" ... "programs" are built from the ground up - ie. from the younger ages up to the varsity ... when I look at THE best programs in SE Ohio - the Warrens, the Logan Elms, the North Adams, the Fairlands, one of the constants is consistency in the coaching/and in Warren's case the longevity of the coaching from the grade school ages/junior high grades with Rod Padgitt, up through the Freshmen/JV/ and Varsity - if you've gone to Warren since 1999-2000 through today it's the same coaching staff with very few changes ... Duck has been a BIG part of this staff and has helped build Warren's boys basketball into an outstanding "program" - hard to put together a group of coaches who stay coaching for over 20 years, who compliment each others skills but a group that buys into a single philosophy built on the fundamentals of the game first, building the character of the kids as they grow into young men with the concept of "family" - consistency/longevity ... Coach Rod Padgitt at the 7th/8th grade levels/9-12 with Coach Duckworth/Coach Jerry Mitchem/Coach Terry Coffman through to 25 year head coach Coach Blane Maddox ... yep if you have 400 Wins you HAVE BEEN doing it a long time, and if you've been doing it a long time on the same coaching staff/same school district - it usually points to a successful "program" ...
Very well said, Pfloyd.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Anybody that sticks around to win 400 games at any level today gets my congrats.
With all the hogwash that coaches have to put up with today.

Return to “Boys Basketball”