Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Ironton by about 19. Hopefully

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
84Dragon
JV Team

Re: 1/9/24 Portsmouth @ Ironton

Post by 84Dragon »

I would have originally thought Portsmouth but after seeing Chesapeake beat them , I say Ironton

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Ironton must stop taking bad shots and turning the ball over. The offense has to run through Terry and Layne to be efficient and beat good teams. The coach needs to realize when someone is shooting him out of a game and replace said player immediately. They were in the game at Russell, blink, and now they’re not. That said, Ironton by 8.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

The Russell game was an eye opener. First and foremost, I would congratulate the Red Devils on their excellent play. They have some talented young players, and you can tell basketball is important to them. Their future is bright.

Ironton, well, not a great night. The Tigers failed to offer enough energy on defense to close out the Red Devil three point shooters, to deny entry passes into the deep post, or to stay in front of the Russell drivers. Offensively, Ironton’s spacing was poor, ball movement was not crisp, and with offensive sets frequently utilizing two players in the low post, driving lanes in the half court for Terry and Shreck were clogged and difficult to negotiate. After effectively running off one of the team’s best 3-point shooters, the Tigers are left with just one reliable marksman to spread the floor.

Make no mistake, Ironton retains the athleticism and physicality to overwhelm most SE Ohio squads. But can they compete with the best? The effort against Russell raises serious questions about their ability and willingness to do so.

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:38 am Ironton must stop taking bad shots and turning the ball over. The offense has to run through Terry and Layne to be efficient and beat good teams. The coach needs to realize when someone is shooting him out of a game and replace said player immediately. They were in the game at Russell, blink, and now they’re not. That said, Ironton by 8.
Really??? Hide behind your fake name on here. You need to realize these are high school kids who want to win worse than anyone! So who you benching?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The problem that Portsmouth has had in its 2 losses to Wheelersburg and Chesapeake was falling behind big after the 1st quarter, then having to play catch up the rest of the game. Ironton will not out-athletic the Trojans, but PHS has got to be focused coming off the opening tip. Portsmouth is very capable of winning this game, but they can't continue to play catch up against good teams like Ironton.

Ironton and Portsmouth have a very old rivalry in basketball just like in football.......the 2 schools have played 168 times, with the Trojans leading the series 92-76 and 8-7 in tournament play. The Fighting Tigers currently have a 10 game winning streak vs. the Trojans, which is the 2nd longest OVC streak against Portsmouth, with the longest being a 16 game losing streak vs. Fairland which ended late last season when PHS won 80-69 at FHS.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

tigerpride wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:01 am
GoBigI wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:38 am Ironton must stop taking bad shots and turning the ball over. The offense has to run through Terry and Layne to be efficient and beat good teams. The coach needs to realize when someone is shooting him out of a game and replace said player immediately. They were in the game at Russell, blink, and now they’re not. That said, Ironton by 8.
Really??? Hide behind your fake name on here. You need to realize these are high school kids who want to win worse than anyone! So who you benching?
Never said a specific kid’s name, won’t say a specific kid’s name. But it seems like I’ve struck a nerve so I can assume you know who I was referencing.

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

GoBigI wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:09 pm
Never said a specific kid’s name, won’t say a specific kid’s name. But it seems like I’ve struck a nerve so I can assume you know who I was referencing.

I don’t think many people would agree with you. Hide behind your screen name

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

tigerpride wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:21 pm

Many people agree with me, not many will say it. I see you’re using your real name. That’s an awfully odd name. Who’s hiding?

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

GoBigI wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:07 pm

Many people agree with me, not many will say it. I see you’re using your real name. That’s an awfully odd name. Who’s hiding?
I think he's been the leading scorer the last couple years.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

tigerpride wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:22 pm

One person makes a like minded observation on how the game was being played and you get super offended. SOFT, that is the problem these days. If you can't take criticism you will never make it. Not once was a kids name mentioned. Replacing him in the game isn't saying bench him. It is called coaching!! Bring the kid to the sideline for a few minutes and COACH him to stop taking inefficient shots. It is very simple. You can lead the team in scoring for years but that does not mean anything if your shooting percentage is bad for one game and it becomes costly. Get over it.

T-I-G-E-R-S
tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:09 pm

One person makes a like minded observation on how the game was being played and you get super offended. SOFT, that is the problem these days. If you can't take criticism you will never make it. Not once was a kids name mentioned. Replacing him in the game isn't saying bench him. It is called coaching!! Bring the kid to the sideline for a few minutes and COACH him to stop taking inefficient shots. It is very simple. You can lead the team in scoring for years but that does not mean anything if your shooting percentage is bad for one game and it becomes costly. Get over it.

The Tigers shot 1/18 from 3 point range. The only shot made was Schreck from 3/4 court. I think there were a lot of Tigers missing a lot of shots. No but it seems funny that the same person complains about the same kid in football too. Grow up.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

tigerpride wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:51 pm

The Tigers shot 1/18 from 3 point range. The only shot made was Schreck from 3/4 court. I think there were a lot of Tigers missing a lot of shots. No but it seems funny that the same person complains about the same kid in football too. Grow up.

Maybe you all should hash this out in a hell in a cell match. Its a forum for a reason. People are obligated to share their opinions, such like you are.

Also, Everyone hides behind a name on here. Can't you tell? You are doing the exact same thing. Unless you are so big and bad you will drop your name on here for the other person that you said was hiding their name. pretty hypocritical of you TigerPride

T-I-G-E-R-S
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Exactly! You’ve made my point for me. Thank you, greatly appreciated. This is a team sport and is about winning. It’s not about stat padding and that is the big problem. Since you’re so up on the stats, who’s led the team in turnovers the last couple years? I’ll wait. Back to my point, this team must play team ball to win. Some have bought into that concept.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Total domination from the Trojans. Tigers didn’t come to play, period.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:01 am Ironton by about 19. Hopefully
Ya should worry more about your own superstars getting the brakes beat off em by the soc schools ya was gonna run the table on instead of Portsmouth being on ya mind 24/7 LMAO ..

Hard to win with out the hall of fame coach on sidelines.

Prayers for him though seriously 🙏

sportsfan33
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan33 »

This thread reminded me of the Ironton roster thread from last year , so I went back and found it.”TigerPride” also posted in that thread and posted something about Schreck and in the middle it said”I’m his mom”… LOL.Nobody on here has ANYTHING against him.People are going to have opinions though.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Overall bad basketball right now by the tigers. They remind me of a AAU basketball team that wants to 1v1 everybody and it turns into 1v3 with no ball movement and selfish shots. The last 3 games they have shown no energy or hustle, maybe it's time to bench some kids or bring up some JV kids to play defense.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

I felt it was pretty obvious it was her. Easy to get the stats when your hubby takes them for the team.

Tigers are just playing uninspired basketball. Usually falls back on coaching.

But Ptown put a whooping on them last night!!

In other news, is it football season yet?!

sportsfan33 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:54 am

This thread reminded me of the Ironton roster thread from last year , so I went back and found it.”TigerPride” also posted in that thread and posted something about Schreck and in the middle it said”I’m his mom”… LOL.Nobody on here has ANYTHING against him.People are going to have opinions though.

Return to “Boys Basketball”