Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

52-29 Jeeps JV with the win

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
packers80
SE

Re: SW @ Minford 1/9/24

Post by packers80 »

Minford wins it going away I feel. Jeeps go to 1-2 in SOC play.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan22 »

What a game. Way to play from both teams. This game came down to coaching and Fenton? If that is how you spell it, was out coached at the end…

How do you allow your team, being down run TWO minutes off the clock to help Minford out? Why, not tell someone to foul someone off ball? So many questions at the end….

Hopefully Norm is alright and comes back soon.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

South Webster JV is legit! They would compete in the SOC 1 varsity games.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Minford shot lights out from three. Both teams shot horrible from the free throw line and that’s two games in a row for the Jeeps that they’ve struggled at the line. If one team or the other shot any good at all, minford would’ve won by 15, the Jeeps would’ve won by 5 or 6 lol

Webster seems to still be struggling with some sense of direction without Coach Persin on the bench. Agree with the others about letting time run off the clock. Great things happened in the end when SW actually attacked the basket. The transition offense seems to have went away from what we had in the beginning of the season. Need to get that sorted out because Fairfield will absolutely run it up in transition in the tournament.

Very physical game in the paint. I don’t think SW got out rebounded but definitely handled on the block.

Good to see Sommer get back some of that spark early in the season with 19 pts. Minford did a great job double and triple teaming Roberts all night long, held to 14. 10 in the second half.

swjeep4
Waterboy

Post by swjeep4 »

Too little, too late for the Jeeps tonight.

IMO, Minford would have probably won by 10+ had they shot better from the free throw line. Full responsibility on the loss to Fenton tonight. WHERE was the game management?! Completely wasted 2+ minutes off the clock in the 4th when nothing was happening on offense and the SW crowd was screaming to call a timeout. When teams take Roberts outta the offense like Minford and Burg effectively did, you gotta change things up and run a PLAY. "Motion" with continuous balls screens at the top of the key with an intermittent flash to the high post wasn't cutting it, so that should've been a good sign to try something else. The same thing happened against Burg, and it's no fault of any of the players. Hats off to Webster guards for playing pretty good D on Montgomery and eliminating a lot of those quick flashes to the basket that he usually does. Big game for Tyler Sommer tonight; way to step up and get some points on the board for your team when your main scorer was struggling to buy a basket. I think Webster will be fine--their non conference schedule will help them come tourney time, and playing good D3 teams like Minford and Burg will be a boost as well. However, until Norm gets back on the sideline to make the calls, Webster fans might be frustrated with how this season continues to pan out. Hats also off to Minford to protecting home court, and actually running plays and withstanding the late push SW gave and never giving up the lead.
Last edited by swjeep4 on Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

Very entertaining game. Coach Persin being absent has cost the Jeeps another mark in the right side of the column.

Jeeps guards were in the thick of it tonight, limiting prob the POY in this conference. Sommer’s deciding it was time to score came up big with 19. Montgomery is special.

Rumor floating around was the board approved KREISCHER as the interim

Good move if it’s true

swjeep4
Waterboy

Post by swjeep4 »

Elijah Craig wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:36 pm Rumor floating around was the board approved KREISCHER as the interim

Good move if it’s true
I think most, if not all, Webster faithful would approve this move. Kreischer knows everything SW basketball is about and will be a valuable asset in this team's progress going forward! Would be great to see him on the sideline again!

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

swjeep4 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:44 pm
Elijah Craig wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:36 pm Rumor floating around was the board approved KREISCHER as the interim

Good move if it’s true
I think most, if not all, Webster faithful would approve this move. Kreischer knows everything SW basketball is about and will be a valuable asset in this team's progress going forward! Would be great to see him on the sideline again!
Totally agree. Great basketball mind. I would run into him from time to time when he was coaching, I have lots of respect for that coach

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Oh my. Get the harpoons out that’s a whale tale.

Wether he’s the guy or not, Coach Fenton is good for SW basketball. Mistakes were made but overall in the two games he’s been the captain, it’s been somewhat competitive. A loss by three points at minford in that atmosphere is nothing to hang your head about. Ryan was left to pick up the pieces when Ater went to Burg and did a pretty good job, now picking up the pieces with Norm out with a program that finally learned how to play basketball after 6 or 7 years.

However, if true, there’s not a single person who would object, and if they do, they get exiled from the village. Coach K is still HIM
Last edited by The Ghost of Swanker on Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Is Norm ok?

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Ed Ott wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:52 pmIs Norm ok?
I hope he’s okay for obvious reasons but also so no one has any excuses when our Howie beats the brakes off SW in the tournament.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hunter Bernard not starting or logging more minutes for Webster is a crime.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:20 am Hunter Bernard not starting or logging more minutes for Webster is a crime.
The kid (Bernard) has to prove himself more on the floor. He's kinda been stuck as the 8th man on varsity for the Jeeps and hasn't got to do much; but there's no excuse for not giving him minutes on the JV and mixing him in more on varsity. He got some varsity minutes last night against the Falcons, finished with only 4 points had some good assists, and imo when he was in there he played good defense on the Montgomery kid. Webster definitely needs more play and more points from their guards especially when Roberts is getting doubled and tripled up on. The Timothy kid sparked a Jeeps comeback then when out of the game for a significant amount of time. He definitely needs in the mix more. Webster definitely got to figure it out if they want any chance of coming back and winning or tying for the SOCIII.
Last edited by JeepNation26 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

swjeep4 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:44 pm

Good move if it’s true
If the board is approving an interim that doesn’t sound like a short term absence.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Not sure what the deal is with Jack Timothy only playing limited time. He’s a bucket in the paint and can guard.

Agree Barnard should play varsity full time. At least he can actually get to the rim for a shot and not a turnover.

swjeep4
Waterboy

Post by swjeep4 »

No confirmation yet, but I’ve heard that he’s been diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Sending my best wishes to Coach Norm & family whatever the truth may be.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

Timothy didn’t play much the second half, that’s a crime.

Bernard should start. The jeeps are playing a few that wouldn’t see the floor at burg or minford, and they play a lot

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Elijah Craig wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:35 pm Timothy didn’t play much the second half, that’s a crime.

Bernard should start. The jeeps are playing a few that wouldn’t see the floor at burg or minford, and they play a lot
Much agreed
Not sure id start Barnard over Shupert or Campbell, but he’s my 6th man. Webster’s not hurting for players who can run the point.

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan22 »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:04 am
I hope he’s okay for obvious reasons but also so no one has any excuses when our Howie beats the brakes off SW in the tournament.

Not going to happen. Kind of like, how you said, Trimble would thump Eastern Beaver last year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”