Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

Hookshot
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

Post by Hookshot »

Any games live streamed tonight in the region?

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

Daddyball is still coaching at Athens. Great coach and program builder .TVC is state's toughest league.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Marietta 71
Belpre 46
-Final

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Johnstown wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:12 pm TVC is state's toughest league.

In the state? I'll say its a good league but the best in the state?

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Will a separate thread be started on each of the OHSAA Max Preps Southeast division rankings? They will create quite a bit of controversy for sure.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth is 7-2 after a 67-37 win at #8 Ironton. That was the game after the Chesapeake loss. Coach Lisath basically issued the ultimatum to the seniors after the loss to the Peake. They responded in a big way. Nobody beats Ironton like that at the Conley Center.

I'll vouch for #18 Chesapeake. Their win at Portsmouth really impressed me with how hard they play. I look for the Panthers to stay in contention for the OVC title for the balance of the season. Danny Maynard is one of the most underrated and unheralded players in the SE district.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:01 am Portsmouth is 7-2 after a 67-37 win at #8 Ironton. That was the game after the Chesapeake loss. Coach Lisath basically issued the ultimatum to the seniors after the loss to the Peake. They responded in a big way. Nobody beats Ironton like that at the Conley Center.

I'll vouch for #18 Chesapeake. Their win at Portsmouth really impressed me with how hard they play. I look for the Panthers to stay in contention for the OVC title for the balance of the season. Danny Maynard is one of the most underrated and unheralded players in the SE district.
... I agree trojandave about Maynard, he flies under the radar and HAS for the years he has started for the Peake - which SEEMS LIKE he has been there forever! LOL ... teams can have a lot of success when/if they have a solid PG - Maynard for CHS fits the bill offensively and defensively ...

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Pfloyd’s current #28 Meigs at 9-2 is playing lights out.

Not many expected this but this team is one to be frightened of on your scheduled. Those boys have a nice mix of size, speed and strength. They have been shooting the ball lights out while also playing some phenomenal defense. They also have 2 freshman who play a lot of minutes (one of them is a starter and almost never comes of the court) and provide very nice scoring abilities and hard nose defense.

I’d say the thing the has helped Meigs the most is the depth, players coming off the bench are go getters and ready for battle, they don’t make very many mistakes and doesn’t hurt the teams scoring ability when the starters need a quick rest.

This teams bond together is unreal and seeing it first hand will prove it to you. They are fighters and aren’t going down easy, only losses coming to Gallia Academy in the first game of the season by 3 and a loss to conference opponent VC by 10 after losing their star player Braylon Harrison in the first 3 minutes of the game.

Well done Marauders and Keep fighting!

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

warren tightens its grip on being ranked #1 with its third loss of the year

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

blackshooky wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:46 pm warren tightens its grip on being ranked #1 with its third loss of the year
First, pfloyd does a really good job on these rankings. Don’t agree on everything but he sees more basketball and has a solid basketball IQ — it’s just evident. Warren will fall a few notches and Marietta can stake a strong case for going to No. 1. We’ll see.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Pour one out for our good friend Pfloyd…he has to move his Warren Warriors off the 1 line for now. Great win for the Tigers!

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

People on here are so delicate

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Couple of quick observations tonight: 1. Huge win for Marietta in the marquee game of the night. If they take that win and get better, they could be really tough the rest of the season. 2. Meigs may get the biggest bump of the week with another strong win. 3. Surprised at the outcome and margin in the Fort Frye - Point Pleasant game. 4. Minford barely escaped with the win but it's a W. I'm sure I'm missing a few interesting games but these come to mind.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:50 pm Pfloyd’s current #28 Meigs at 9-2 is playing lights out.

Not many expected this but this team is one to be frightened of on your scheduled. Those boys have a nice mix of size, speed and strength. They have been shooting the ball lights out while also playing some phenomenal defense. They also have 2 freshman who play a lot of minutes (one of them is a starter and almost never comes of the court) and provide very nice scoring abilities and hard nose defense.

I’d say the thing the has helped Meigs the most is the depth, players coming off the bench are go getters and ready for battle, they don’t make very many mistakes and doesn’t hurt the teams scoring ability when the starters need a quick rest.

This teams bond together is unreal and seeing it first hand will prove it to you. They are fighters and aren’t going down easy, only losses coming to Gallia Academy in the first game of the season by 3 and a loss to conference opponent VC by 10 after losing their star player Braylon Harrison in the first 3 minutes of the game.

Well done Marauders and Keep fighting!
Meigs with another dominant win tonight. Haven't heard much about the Marauders this year, but they also have that big win over a Chesapeake team that is rolling right now. Unfortunate for them that they got bumped up to D2 this year, but it goes both ways. They will be a tough out. Looking forward to seeing them up at Marietta next month.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Hookshot wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:34 pm Couple of quick observations tonight: 1. Huge win for Marietta in the marquee game of the night. If they take that win and get better, they could be really tough the rest of the season. 2. Meigs may get the biggest bump of the week with another strong win. 3. Surprised at the outcome and margin in the Fort Frye - Point Pleasant game. 4. Minford barely escaped with the win but it's a W. I'm sure I'm missing a few interesting games but these come to mind.
I'm with you on Meigs.

Point Pleasant continues to be a jekyll and hyde type team. Not sure if Fort Frye had players out or something, but Point is a hard team to predict.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Me thinks no amount of twizzlers or cash will be able to sway Floyd into leaving Warren at 1. lol

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Road wins for the road dawg Jeeps at Waverly and all the way at Fed Hock in convincing fashion. Norm back on the bench, Roberts came alive in the 2nd quarter and got back to form that we’d seen to start the year. Jack Timothy stuffing the stats again. Put the word out, we up.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:05 pm Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

1. Warren (9-2)
2. Minford (8-1)
3. Fairfield Leesburg (12-0)
4. Marietta (9-1)
5. Washington CH (10-2)
6. Wheelersburg (7-2)
7. South Webster (9-1)
8. Ironton (7-2)

... TreeHugger Wannabees ...

Fairland (6-3)
Circleville (7-3)
Jackson (8-4)
Vinton County (8-2)
South Point (5-4)
Miami Trace (9-3)
North Adams (6-3)
Fairfield Union (6-5)
New Lexington (9-2)
Chesapeake (6-3)
Portsmouth (6-2)
Unioto (5-5)
Westfall (7-4)
Eastern Brown (8-3)
Federal Hocking (6-4)
Hillsboro (6-3)
Northwest (8-2)
Belpre (7-4)
Federal Hocking (6-4)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (5-2)
Meigs (8-2)
Sheridan (5-3)
Adena (7-4)
Piketon (5-4)
Waverly (7-3)
Logan Elm (4-5)
Zane Trace (4-5)
Nelsonville York (8-4)
Chillicothe (5-6)
Gallia Academy (3-7)
Lucasville Valley (3-7)
Trimble (6-3)
Eastern Pike (5-6)
South Gallia (6-4)
Portsmouth West (4-5)
Peebles (5-5)
Western Pike (3-8)
Symmes Valley (4-4)
Whiteoak (3-4)
Manchester (7-4)
Lynchburg Clay (5-6)
Southeastern (5-5)
McClain (2-9)
Rock Hill (3-7)
Coal Grove (1-9)
Waterford (4-6)
Paint Valley (1-8)
Oak Hill (3-8)
Southern (4-6)
Logan (1-10)
Athens (3-7)
Wellston (2-7)
Ironton St Joseph (3-5)
New Boston (3-6)
River Valley (3-6)
Huntington (2-8)
Crooksville (3-5)
Rdsville Eastern (1-9)
Portsmouth East (3-3)
Ripley (3-8)

... Teams on the End Table ...

Portsmouth Clay (1-7)
Miller (3-6)
Green (1-8)
Alexander (0-9)
West Union (1-10)
Marietta and Minford will be in the top 2 spots — but not that much movement in the top 8. Meigs could jump literally 20 spots and Warren deserves a top 4 or 5 ranking despite 3 losses. My quick take .

Return to “Boys Basketball”