HERE WE GO ST JUDE!

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

HERE WE GO ST JUDE!

Post by Frequent Flyer »

Big win for the Flyers last night. Yall better watch! Its time for a late season and deep toursney run!

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Re: HERE WE GO ST JUDE!

Post by Howard Cosell »

Is this the school we see with the kids on tv all the time?

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Ohiofan91
Waterboy

Post by Ohiofan91 »

They might not make deep "tourney" run but they can play with anyone. They have a way better coach. If their previous coach was there they might not have been in W column this year.

Ohiofan91
Waterboy

Post by Ohiofan91 »

Ol little cannonball had more talent last 2 years then the flyers have had in years and couldn't win. The new coach would have went to regional or farther with those teams.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

Only way St Jude loses games this year is because these public schools cheat us. They all got Catholic Envy. So they load up with Homer refs and even then they have very few wins. I say wait till toursney time when we get neutral sites and refs from up north who actually know how to call games. You will see St Jude Flyer Pride at its best.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Sounds like ND got things going last night. Heard they had 3 kids swim across the river from Kantucky to play in the game. Don’t those kids have to live in Ohio or is that more of that privilege given to the private schools?

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Maybe ND got that one fat football booster dad to do some coaching

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

As a parent of one of the players I am definitely biased. I also think coach Fry is a good coach but has some flaws. I agree with you about 24, 13, and 32 staying on the court together and winning games. I'm not sure that Ed agrees with that though and he is in charge. I had a conversation with coach Fry the other day and he told me that he "he doesn't always play the best players". I get that in certain situations but for the bulk of the game your best 5 should be on the floor.

I hope Ed gets it right down the stretch. My son is a Senior and I just want him to have a fun last season.

sportsfan33
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan33 »

ISJ will be perfectly fine.Coach Fry knows what he’s doing and has proved that throughout his career.Once HE gets the rotation figured out this team will be tough.Its easy to sit back and say who should be playing and who shouldn’t but at the end of the day Fry is at practice everyday and knows his team better than any of us fans.

whynot?
Waterboy

Post by whynot? »

sportsfan33 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:04 pm ISJ will be perfectly fine.Coach Fry knows what he’s doing and has proved that throughout his career.Once HE gets the rotation figured out this team will be tough.Its easy to sit back and say who should be playing and who shouldn’t but at the end of the day Fry is at practice everyday and knows his team better than any of us fans.

It's definitely HIS decision, he has made that clear to his players. I just hope he gets it right. I stand by my earlier statement that he has three players who can carry HIS team. The rest of them are supporting cast. Everybody on that team is good but when the game is on the line there is no excuse for not having 24, 13, 32 on the floor playing together. But don't take my word for it just ask opposing coaches what they think.

You mention he has proved throughout his career that he knows what he is doing. Do you know his coaching record?

sportsfan33
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan33 »

whynot? wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:29 pm
sportsfan33 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:04 pm ISJ will be perfectly fine.Coach Fry knows what he’s doing and has proved that throughout his career.Once HE gets the rotation figured out this team will be tough.Its easy to sit back and say who should be playing and who shouldn’t but at the end of the day Fry is at practice everyday and knows his team better than any of us fans.

It's definitely HIS decision, he has made that clear to his players. I just hope he gets it right. I stand by my earlier statement that he has three players who can carry HIS team. The rest of them are supporting cast. Everybody on that team is good but when the game is on the line there is no excuse for not having 24, 13, 32 on the floor playing together. But don't take my word for it just ask opposing coaches what they think.

You mention he has proved throughout his career that he knows what he is doing. Do you know his coaching record?
not sure his EXACT record i know it’s a winning one.I don’t think 24 has came out of a game for more than a minute all season.i agree with you about 32 and 13 but all i’m saying is there might be more to it than us FANS know.I think 25 does a great job off the bench and i’d like to see more minutes from him.The freshman got sped up last night but he’s a good player, he’s also coming off an ankle injury aswell.This team is good just can’t fall apart after this loss to ND.

whynot?
Waterboy

Post by whynot? »

sportsfan33 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:41 pm
whynot? wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:29 pm

not sure his EXACT record i know it’s a winning one.I don’t think 24 has came out of a game for more than a minute all season.i agree with you about 32 and 13 but all i’m saying is there might be more to it than us FANS know.I think 25 does a great job off the bench and i’d like to see more minutes from him.The freshman got sped up last night but he’s a good player, he’s also coming off an ankle injury aswell.This team is good just can’t fall apart after this loss to ND.

Okay. I was just curious. I thought maybe you knew his record. I definitely don't know it. I do think he is a good coach. Not being from around here I don't think he knows his team yet. We've been watching them for a long time, probably since K-2 biddy ball and know most of their abilities. I think 24 should be on the floor all the time and I'm glad he is. My argument is that 13 and 32 should also be there with him. They are an outstanding trio together. 4 will be an outstanding player but he is freshman and plays like a freshman. Nothing personal against him or any of the rest of the team they have a lot of talent and are good kids but those three can win big games for us. We will see how the season unfolds but I strongly believe if he doesn't get them on the floor together in big games, we might lose all of them.

Maybe there is more to it than we know and it is easy for me to sit back and give my opinion but some things seem obvious to everybody except coach Fry.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Pantherfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:53 am As a parent of one of the players I am definitely biased. I also think coach Fry is a good coach but has some flaws. I agree with you about 24, 13, and 32 staying on the court together and winning games. I'm not sure that Ed agrees with that though and he is in charge. I had a conversation with coach Fry the other day and he told me that he "he doesn't always play the best players". I get that in certain situations but for the bulk of the game your best 5 should be on the floor.

I hope Ed gets it right down the stretch. My son is a Senior and I just want him to have a fun last season.
Sounds to me like somebody has a case of pissy pants because little Timmy isn’t getting enough playing time

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Last edited by Pantherfan on Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Last edited by Pantherfan on Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportsfan33
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan33 »

Pantherfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:04 pm And little Timmy is one of very few players in our region on this list: https://ohiopreps.n.rivals.com/news/ohi ... in-2024-11
Lol what’s the criteria for that list 😂

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Last edited by Pantherfan on Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Those lists don’t mean shite. Does Timmy have any offers above Rio Grande and Shawnee State Penitentiary?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

If he was playing for Trimble he would be on his way to UCLA

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
sportsfan33
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan33 »

Pantherfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:13 pm
sportsfan33 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:09 pm
Pantherfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:04 pm And little Timmy is one of very few players in our region on this list: https://ohiopreps.n.rivals.com/news/ohi ... in-2024-11
Lol what’s the criteria for that list 😂

How do you get listed on rivals com?
Athletes are nominated by a Rivals Analyst or selected as a top athlete during a Rivals Combine.
Is pantherfan an analyst ????

Return to “Boys Basketball”