Here Comes CHESAPEAKE

Area51
Waterboy

Here Comes CHESAPEAKE

Post by Area51 »

Being able to take in last nights Chesapeake/Fairland was great! Persin Court was packed and it felt like a battle from 1998-2002. It’s good to see some tradition return, the bearcat type C brings back the years of Chesapeake Dominance. I’m not sure they could ever run off 11 in a row but they are definitely back in the OVC conversation. Coach Ater’s boys are still young but improving well. Can’t wait to see them come tourney time.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Re: Here Comes CHESAPEAKE

Post by Frequent Flyer »

Area51 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:17 pm Being able to take in last nights Chesapeake/Fairland was great! Persin Court was packed and it felt like a battle from 1998-2002. It’s good to see some tradition return, the bearcat type C brings back the years of Chesapeake Dominance. I’m not sure they could ever run off 11 in a row but they are definitely back in the OVC conversation. Coach Ater’s boys are still young but improving well. Can’t wait to see them come tourney time.
Those are nice things to read. Word of caution. Just hope you dont run into the basketball buzzsaw that is Ironton St Jude.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Chesapeake impressed my watching them beat my Trojans @PHS 61-53. They play hard, constantly move without the ball, and can push the ball upcourt when needed. I told Peake71 that Danny Maynard is the cornerstone of that team.

Hoping for the 2nd meeting at CHS that the Trojans bring the level of play that they showed at Ironton, a 67-37 win, which was the game after the Chesapeake loss.

Panterafan
Waterboy

Post by Panterafan »

If a kid is a senior but wanted to come backto his original high school is it too late? Asking for a friend.

Return to “Boys Basketball”