What's The Best Games For This Friday & Saturday Night (1/12 & 1/13)

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

What's The Best Games For This Friday & Saturday Night (1/12 & 1/13)

Post by JeepNation26 »

Who's got the best matchup? Any upset alerts🚨!!!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: What's The Best Games For This Friday & Saturday Night (1/12 & 1/13)

Post by BigBlueNation »

Don't know what games will be the best.
Northwest hosts Symmes Valley tomorrow night. It's homecoming.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:22 am Don't know what games will be the best.
Northwest should handle Symmes Valley fairly easy I would think, looking forward to seeing how they match up with Adena next Saturday on the 20th.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

John Glenn 8-3 (5-1) MVL at Maysville 7-3 (4-2) MVL 1/12

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Marietta @ Warren

Go Blue
JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Whs95fan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:24 pm Marietta @ Warren
This ought to be a good one!!!

Ghostoftheprodigy
Waterboy

Post by Ghostoftheprodigy »

JeepNation26 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:49 am Who's got the best matchup? Any upset alerts🚨!!!
Valley over burg

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Saturday
Dave Young Classic at North Adams. Games start at 10 and run all day. Best is likely Chesapeake vs North Adams in the nightcap.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Whs95fan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:24 pm Marietta @ Warren
I expect this to be the best game of the weekend, definitely on Friday.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

A couple more on Saturday that I’m interested in

Westfall at Adena
Notre Dame at Coal Grove

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Ghostoftheprodigy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:31 pm
JeepNation26 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:49 am Who's got the best matchup? Any upset alerts🚨!!!
Valley over burg
Don't see it happening...

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:36 pm Saturday
Dave Young Classic at North Adams. Games start at 10 and run all day. Best is likely Chesapeake vs North Adams in the nightcap.
Should be a good one, Chesapeake is playing good right now.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Jackson @ Hillsboro should be a good one.
Hillsboro beat Jackson on a very deep 3 at the buzzer in their 1st matchup this season.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Wheelersburg vs. Russell, Ky Saturday night in the Burg should be a good one...

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

JeepNation26 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:51 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:22 am Don't know what games will be the best.
Northwest should handle Symmes Valley fairly easy I would think, looking forward to seeing how they match up with Adena next Saturday on the 20th.
Yeah should be a good one.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

JeepNation26 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:42 pm Wheelersburg vs. Russell, Ky Saturday night in the Burg should be a good one...
I believe that game is at Shawnee State. Buckeye Elite Showcase .
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:40 pm A couple more on Saturday that I’m interested in

Westfall at Adena
Notre Dame at Coal Grove
Notre Dame Coal Grove is at Shawnee State at 11:00.
Buckeye Elite Showcase.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Definite some really good matchups this Weekend ... I'll be heading to the Warrior Coliseum Friday night for the SRO game ... not often that I have to NOT go home from work & drive directly to a venue - but I'm thinkin' tomorrow night will be THAT night ... about an hour and 10 minutes from Logan ... Freshmen game starting at 5pm ... gotta get a "good" Cheap Seat ... have to see what Mother Nature plans for Saturday - I'm hoping to get to North Adams for the all day Dave Young Classic- as daniC pointed out - starting at 10am ... hoping to be there for 7 1/2 of the 8 games (2+ hour drive me from the Hocking Hills area) ...

South Webster @ Waverly ... this one will help us compare Waverly to the top 15 teams in the rankings ... SW needing to have a good showing dropping its' last 2 outings ...

South Point @ Portsmouth - I don't care what night you're looking at OVC games there's AT LEAST 1 marquee matchup ... Coach Lisath with the "come to Jesus" meeting with his seniors - lit a fire leading to the resounding W over Ironton AT the Conley Center ... South Point - I want to see the napkin stat lines for Lovely/Haney & Smith in this one ...

Minford @ Portsmouth West ... don't sleep on the Westsiders! the Orange & Black West of the Little Scioto - can play D, can get out in transition ... the question is will they score enough on their own ball to get the home W Friday night ...

Jackson @ Hillsboro ... the 'boro is on a 3 game skid - dropping games to quality opponents - Eastern Brown/ a hot Adena squad winner of its' last 6 games including a 23 point W over Hillsboro ... Coach Morrow's Jackson squad has a 7 game win streak going - averaging 53.7 ppg offensively and defensively giving up 37.6 ppg during the currently winning streak ...

6-5 South Gallia @ 5-6 Eastern Pike ... if the skuttlebutt is true the 6-3 big man in the middle Brewer Tomlison for the Eagles his no longer playing (football focused) ... perimeter scoring/getting out in transition - not that they didn't do this before - but now the inside presence isn't there ... new roles/ new strategies at both ends ... South Gallia keeps getting its' signature W vs Portsmouth West by 9 points ... on the road in Beaver - would be a good win ...

Valley @ Wheelersburg ... not enough Copley to go around ... the Burg with sophomores Braylon Rucker/Landon McGraw/ Hunter Bivens/ Logan Adkins/ Kenyon Evans led by senior Devon Lattimore as the glue/the engine that makes the machine run ... I'm a big fan of these sophs for the Burg ... I don't see Valley having enough horses to take the Burg down at home ...

Chilli @ Washington CH ... Coach Beard has the Cavs playing good basketball led by 6-2 soph Cooper Stoneking ... Washington CH has remained in the top 8 even with a 15 pt loss to Miami Trace who are knocking on the door of the Elite 8 once again ... CH with 6-5 size in the Haithcock bros. soph Noah/sr Isaiah ... 6-3 size in Gabe Tayese ... shooters John Wall/Garrett Rickman ... take CH in this one at home ...

Marietta @ Warren ... probably the best matchup in the SE District Friday night ... Warren 10-2 having not lost to a team on the Ohio side of the Ohio River ... Marietta 10-1 losing a 14 point/ physical game at 8-3 John Glenn last week, JG sporting bigs of similar size as 6-8 Alex Kendall on the inside ... Warren doesn't have that BIG/strong man in the middle ... Trent Taylor at 6-6 plays solidly in the paint as more of a finesse post player, going to be a matchup to watch all night ... Marietta has more size across the board with Kendall 6-8/Knighton 6-5 & length /Wittekind 6-2 with 6-5 length and hops/ Warren runs a lot of players in and out of the lineup (9 in the rotation) , will want to get 5+ transition buckets in the game ... will be putting pressure on the Tigers all night imo, as one of the areas to exploit that I have seen in the Tigers - they have at times "trouble handling on the ball pressure" - subject to turning it over which gives Warren it's 5+ transition buckets opportunities... Warren has gone up against the best team I've seen this season losing by 5 to the all star team Linsly out of Wheeling WVa ... Warren has seen/played against bigger than Marietta's front - vs Linsly 6-9/6-7/6-6/6-3/6-1 at the starting positions ,they came off the bench with 6-7/6-2//6-2 ... Warren played toe to toe with Linsly/ led with 2 minutes to play in the game - 3 empty possessions cost them ... fast forward to loss #2 vs Parkersburg ... empty possessions down the stretch/poor shot selection ... we'll see how this one plays out from the Cheap Seats tomorrow night - should be fun!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Trimble @ Federal Hocking !!! always a great matchup - just saw this one on the menu ... missing it for the Warren vs Marietta ticket ...

OldManAdena
Waterboy

Post by OldManAdena »

Westfall at Adena is a sneaky good match-up.

Return to “Boys Basketball”