Officiating!

Lovehoops2
Waterboy

Re: Officiating!

Post by Lovehoops2 »

Billy T Kid wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:26 pm
Lovehoops2 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:55 pm
Billy T Kid wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:43 pm These officials need to stop whining and start focusing on the rules of the game. Hell half of these guys can’t keep pace with the players and that’s why they struggle to make a correct call!
You are a idoit😂
And you are a keyboard warrior!
The class is offered online if you wanna take it your prob to soft to take it so.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Hearing the same complaints every year is tiring but so is listening to morons in the crowd yelling about every call

Trans_State69
Waterboy

Post by Trans_State69 »

Billy T Kid wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:43 pm These officials need to stop whining and start focusing on the rules of the game. Hell half of these guys can’t keep pace with the players and that’s why they struggle to make a correct call!
You are a idoit😂
And you can’t spell idiot! Just like all the other SEO inbreds. If you don’t like it. Come to Virginia and try to whip my asz! But be careful I have friends who speak other languages and they will protect me.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Lovehoops2 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:52 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:21 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:47 pm Someone needs to come up with a definitive divide between a block and a charge, or excuse me since we’re not using layman terms here, an offensive player control foul. I haven’t seen hardly any consistency in how it’s called one way or the other. Two identical plays back to back could be two different calls.

And yes there absolutely are some people out there reffing who have no business doing it. Same as any other job that has people in the trade that shouldn’t be in it.
Oh I was at one game where they called a “team” foul. There were 2 ppl by the ball handler so instead of giving the 4th foul to a player they reversed it and said team foul. lol, ppl asked the announcer after the game his response in 14 yrs I’ve never heard of such a thing. Bad calls are going to happen, ppl in the stands are going to get mad officials need to understand that some in the stands know what to look for and they had a better point of view. Can’t handle it move on or just start kicking everyone out who upsets you. Problem with lack of officials is one you need thick skin most younger generations don’t have that and 2 is money I mean these guys and gals make nothing want better pay better.
You are a idoit if you think fans aren’t a problem it clearly is especially the stuff that goes on at certain schools sending threats to refs just because they called a foul on there kid maybe the fans need thicker skin and stop being soft. Also I do agree some refs aren’t the best but at least there out there doing the games and not backing down and why mention the younger generation? There are a lot of younger officials and they do pretty well even remember swanker giving one credit for dealing with Portsmouth fans.
See this is why IDIOTS like yourself shouldn't have access, please learn to spell man that right there knocks you way down in terms of taking you seriously. Now I'm going to wait on you to find where I said fans aren't a problem?? This is going to be one long wait because obviously you can't spell and reading comprehension is beyond you. Why mention younger generation it's pretty obvious, WOW seriously it's like I'm teaching a class, the younger generation simply doesn't have the want to when it comes to officiating it's why you have a shortage right?? Out with the old in with the new dang. I'm just glad you're on board with an official placing the blame on the talent abilities of a 16-17 year old kid, because you glossed over that you must be ok with it. Enjoy you're going on the Foe list noone can be that clueless throughout an entire post.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

HamPorter wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:13 pm Hearing the same complaints every year is tiring but so is listening to morons in the crowd yelling about every call
I love screaming at refs. I’ve been doing it for years and I know if I scream at them enough they’ll cave in and start making the calls I want. Someone mentioned over the back and that’s about the only one I can’t get them to call very often but they do call reaching in and three seconds when I scream it enough. A lot of times if Howie’s stomp isn’t working my screaming wakes the refs up and then the stomp starts working. That’s why Howie loves having me at the games.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:47 pm 1) over the back——not in the rule book
2) reaching in—-not in the rule book
What is the rule for having an over and back at the mid court line? All three things have to come across the division line ( ball, left foot and right foot) when coming from back court. I’d then they step on line or dribble on line then it is a violation. If the team who is in control of the ball in the front court is the last to touch the ball when it goes into the back court it is a violation. If the defense tips, knocks, inadvertently kicks or touches the ball last into the front court then the offensive team can then go get it without violation.
What is the rule for a player control foul (block or charge)? First, a defensive player does not have to be set. The defensive player has verticality from their body and arms to ceiling, if the offensive team breaks that plane with contact then you have a player control foul (charge). If the defender moves under a player who has already left the floor then it should be a block call.
The backboard, the ball is live if it hits the top or both sides of the backboard. If it hits the back or bottom then it is a dead ball violation. If it hits a pole or rope or belt above or behind the backboard then it is a violation.
3 seconds, if an offensive player is in the lane for more than 3 seconds and gains an advantage then a violation shall be called.
There are so many more that we hear every night that fans, some players and even some coaches don’t know the rule to.
Now that I’ve read both your posts it seems like you’re too worried about watching the players and determining how good or bad they are instead of doing your job. You should let the coaches and players worry about that and you just ref the game. You should also listen to fans like me when I tell you you’re screwing up. I can see way better than you so when I scream three seconds you need to call it. Also you know what I mean when I scream over the back and reaching in so instead of making fun of me because I don’t say it in official ref language just call the stupid foul. Remember you get paid to be there but I have to pay to watch and my ticket price I pay goes towards your pay so keep that in mind next time you want to lash out or make fun of a fan or a player. And for gosh sakes call OVER THE BACK and THREE SECONDS “numb nuts” as my dad calls you.

Hosey Caadwell
Waterboy

Post by Hosey Caadwell »

Having the Queen at the games is like having an extra official. Maybe we should set up a replay booth in the tomcat dome and let her help you “numb nuts” do your jobs.

Lovehoops2
Waterboy

Post by Lovehoops2 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:16 pm

Oh I was at one game where they called a “team” foul. There were 2 ppl by the ball handler so instead of giving the 4th foul to a player they reversed it and said team foul. lol, ppl asked the announcer after the game his response in 14 yrs I’ve never heard of such a thing. Bad calls are going to happen, ppl in the stands are going to get mad officials need to understand that some in the stands know what to look for and they had a better point of view. Can’t handle it move on or just start kicking everyone out who upsets you. Problem with lack of officials is one you need thick skin most younger generations don’t have that and 2 is money I mean these guys and gals make nothing want better pay better.
You are a idoit if you think fans aren’t a problem it clearly is especially the stuff that goes on at certain schools sending threats to refs just because they called a foul on there kid maybe the fans need thicker skin and stop being soft. Also I do agree some refs aren’t the best but at least there out there doing the games and not backing down and why mention the younger generation? There are a lot of younger officials and they do pretty well even remember swanker giving one credit for dealing with Portsmouth fans.
See this is why IDIOTS like yourself shouldn't have access, please learn to spell man that right there knocks you way down in terms of taking you seriously. Now I'm going to wait on you to find where I said fans aren't a problem?? This is going to be one long wait because obviously you can't spell and reading comprehension is beyond you. Why mention younger generation it's pretty obvious, WOW seriously it's like I'm teaching a class, the younger generation simply doesn't have the want to when it comes to officiating it's why you have a shortage right?? Out with the old in with the new dang. I'm just glad you're on board with an official placing the blame on the talent abilities of a 16-17 year old kid, because you glossed over that you must be ok with it. Enjoy you're going on the Foe list noone can be that clueless throughout an entire post.
You're a troll no one is putting blame on the kids for there lack of talent or ability I agree that official should not blame there performance on the skill of the game.

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:16 pm

After reading several of rainbowgeese posts here; I am gathering that you will continue to berate officials to compensate for something going horribly wrong in your life. Almost as if it correlates to your extreme discomfort with my precious "sack" comment. Hmmm

The younger generation may not have super thick skin, but they're smart enough to know $65 is not enough to be belittled in front of a large crowd. Kudos to all officials- stick around as long as you can; god knows we need more.

Billy T Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Billy T Kid »

Lovehoops2 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:23 pm
You are a idoit😂
The class is offered online if you wanna take it your prob to soft to take it so.
That’s an issue in itself, the class is online! How do we expect an official to be able to learn this stuff. They need to be on the court with an experienced official that isn’t worried about fans yelling at them so they can be taught the right way to do things. I’ve seen really good officiating and those guys never interact with the fans. They are fully focused on the game. I believe you are the idiot!

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Billy T Kid wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:55 am

That’s an issue in itself, the class is online! How do we expect an official to be able to learn this stuff. They need to be on the court with an experienced official that isn’t worried about fans yelling at them so they can be taught the right way to do things. I’ve seen really good officiating and those guys never interact with the fans. They are fully focused on the game. I believe you are the idiot!
The only interaction the refs should have with the fans is when they shake their heads in agreement with me about what I’m screaming at them about. Then they should make the right call which is the one I’m telling them to make. But it seems like these numb nuts on here are overly concerned about watching the players to see how good they are. Especially half trick and Cleve. I’m guessing if they ever tried to play they weren’t very good and are jealous of the players that are good. Probably never got to play much and got made fun of. That’s why they’re so soft and sensitive to criticism. Ever notice it’s never a female ref that does this?

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:10 am

The only interaction the refs should have with the fans is when they shake their heads in agreement with me about what I’m screaming at them about. Then they should make the right call which is the one I’m telling them to make. But it seems like these numb nuts on here are overly concerned about watching the players to see how good they are. Especially half trick and Cleve. I’m guessing if they ever tried to play they weren’t very good and are jealous of the players that are good. Probably never got to play much and got made fun of. That’s why they’re so soft and sensitive to criticism. Ever notice it’s never a female ref that does this?
Tomkitty Dragqueen, what is the average IQ is in glouster? all i'm saying is for you to enjoy the game without yelling at the officials. The gym floor would be alot cleaner if you and your cousin (aka wife) weren't spitting up all your copenhagen wintergreen while yelling "over the back" 20x

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

HatTrick wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:34 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:10 am

Tomkitty Dragqueen, what is the average IQ is in glouster? all i'm saying is for you to enjoy the game without yelling at the officials. The gym floor would be alot cleaner if you and your cousin (aka wife) weren't spitting up all your copenhagen wintergreen while yelling "over the back" 20x
Numb nuts, if you’re going to make an ill attempt to insult someone’s intelligence you should probably learn how to spell first. A few lessons in grammar might not hurt either. Probably another reason why you didn’t get to play very much in school since you were most likely ineligible, not to mention your lack of talent. But stay angry and keep throwing people out of games when they bring back bad memories of you getting picked on in school for being so dumb.

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Post by JeepCreep »

The refs around here are mostly either conceited and think they are the God of Basketball. These are the guys complaining about the skills of kids and smirking and being spiteful to fans instead of being fair. Or, they are overly sensitive and probably never played sports. This is the "take the class" crowd talking to people that have played the game most of their lives and don't give a ----- about your class. Then, there are a bunch of incompetent people running around doing the JH and JV games that really probably need the $60 or so to pay for their McDoubles and Vape. I do have to say there is like 5% that just go and call the game and you never notice. It would be nice if we had more of them

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

I seen the worse refs I ever seen in my life during the middle school River Valley at Meigs girl's game. Took over 3 hours to play 2 games.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Easily my favorite thread I’ve ever read on here. Please do not lock this out.

Was at a game the other night and noticed whenever we had the ball everything was a foul and when the other team had the ball and were fouled it was never a foul 😂. Fans will be fans. It’s just part of the game. 90% of fans are just dumb and so are 90% of officials. Yelling at refs even when they make the right call is even more fun. It’s just what we’ve always done and will always continue to do. I know over the back isn’t an actual call. I’ve known it my whole life and nobody in that gym screams it more than I do 😂. Nothing personal

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I’ve seen some doozies this year. A lot of stars in stripes out there.

The whole shove in the back thing needs to be overhauled. I’ve seen a lot of OvEr ThE BaCK fouls called this season simply because one kid is 8 inches taller and can jump 2 feet higher to get that rebound

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:24 pm I’ve seen some doozies this year. A lot of stars in stripes out there.

The whole shove in the back thing needs to be overhauled. I’ve seen a lot of OvEr ThE BaCK fouls called this season simply because one kid is 8 inches taller and can jump 2 feet higher to get that rebound
I think that’s technically over and back. Not a foul unless you’re the visiting team. And if you don’t like it “you can have my whistle.” Or “sign up for the class they offer it every year.” Can’t think of any more smart assz responses for any time a bad call is made off the top of my head but others can chime in with their favorites. :mrgreen:

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Are there "good" officials? Yes.
Are there "bad" officials? Yes

Volunteer to work the scorers table and you will see both, but you will also see that they are, regardless of how coaches, players, and crowd reacts, trying their best. If more people sitting in the stands would take the class and become a licensed official, maybe we would have more "good" officials and fewer "bad" officials.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

Here’s my 2 cents. Have you ever read that rule book? No one in their right mind could know all that’s in that thing. And the game moves to fast for those people to cheat.

A good rule of thumb is let them officiate and let us yell about it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”