Burg vs Minford

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: Burg vs Minford

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

fbnut wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:44 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:11 pm
falcon1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:55 pm

No excuse, we just got beat. Can’t shoot around 40% and win games. Burg had to be at least hitting 65%.
I will say, win with class, don’t be pointing at scoreboard, and telling the opposing coach, you need to get 41 out of here he can’t cover me.
Some things/people never change.

Bet the biddyballers look up to him next week at the complex 😂😂 great example as long as his on the cameras.

Probably FBnutz fam
oh man thats a good one blood :lol:
2 different people

The3LeggedMan
Waterboy

Post by The3LeggedMan »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:55 pm
The3LeggedMan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:16 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:58 pm Anyone got a seat open in minford territory? I’m behind enemy lines here
I thought you were the Webster suck up that makes an arse of himself over that way. What are you doing at Burg? And what is enemy lines? Are you a Falcon guy now?
Watching basketball tard.

Some of you people on here are too stupid
Haven't seen a non-politically correct slur making fun of the mentally disabled in a long time. And you call others stupid? You should wash that mouth out. Or have Marky do it for you as he helps you up.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:06 pm Can’t wait to hear the Minford excuses.
No excuse, we just got beat. Can’t shoot around 40% and win games. Burg had to be at least hitting 65%.
I will say, win with class, don’t be pointing at scoreboard, and telling the opposing coach, you need to get 41 out of here he can’t cover me.
thats all he said? lol yall soft

SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:56 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:06 pm Can’t wait to hear the Minford excuses.
I agree, The Pearl Clutching coming from some people is very funny. It was a highly competitive game and talking happens. If you don't like it I would avoid any high level sporting event,

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

SOC_Fan08 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:16 am

I agree, The Pearl Clutching coming from some people is very funny. It was a highly competitive game and talking happens. If you don't like it I would avoid any high level sporting event,
trash talk is one of the best part of athletics. Makes the players raise their level of play in efforts to back it up -- telling a coach their star player can't check you is top tier trash talk.

And for Shoemaker to say something back, and then for Minford to make 1 of 3 at the line with a chance to take the lead, just shows how much in their heads Burg was. This is the biggest problem with Minford in all sports, they're already down on the scoreboard when they see Wheelersburg across the chest -- and if everything doesn't go perfect and exactly to plan, they spiral. Not saying it happens in every game and sport, bc there are outliers like the game at Burg last year. But when it gets tight, Burg is going to have the mental advantage 10/10 times.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:48 am
SOC_Fan08 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:16 am

trash talk is one of the best part of athletics. Makes the players raise their level of play in efforts to back it up -- telling a coach their star player can't check you is top tier trash talk.

And for Shoemaker to say something back, and then for Minford to make 1 of 3 at the line with a chance to take the lead, just shows how much in their heads Burg was. This is the biggest problem with Minford in all sports, they're already down on the scoreboard when they see Wheelersburg across the chest -- and if everything doesn't go perfect and exactly to plan, they spiral. Not saying it happens in every game and sport, bc there are outliers like the game at Burg last year. But when it gets tight, Burg is going to have the mental advantage 10/10 times.
Couldn't agree with you more Sonny, same goes with any team in the SOC or in Southeastern Ohio, they just can't get past Burg mentally... I don't understand it, don't know what it is, and I hate to say it, but it is the truth. Burg is almost the only team around in every sport that goes into every game thinking and believing they're going to WIN no matter who the opponent is. Everyone else is just hoping to win or at least just compete with them and keep it close. Burg comes at every team aggressive and physical from start to finish, and teams just aren't mentally prepared for team. You never can count Burg out of any game, and I would never put them as an underdog.

Return to “Boys Basketball”