REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Re: REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Post by Old Shorts »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:53 am
Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:10 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:57 pm What if the burg boy didn’t shove one of ours and get T’d up for two more points from Roberts.

Webster handled West pretty easily tonight too, heard they had burg on the ropes.
Was you watching the same West and Webster game the rest of us watched? We was pretty much in that game the entire night. Had it down to 1 point in the 3rd and only lost by 5.
You have to understand that some of these Webster fans are living a different reality in their mind.

To them, the Minford and Burg games weren’t really loses since SW didn’t play their best. That SW is 8-12 points better than Burg despite losing to Burg by 10 and beating Burg by 7; again if only SW played their best. And that really SW, not Burg, should be #1 right now in the SOC if…

So of course they are going to see a 5 point win over West to be much greater than it was. Because if SW played their best, they would have beaten West much, much worse. West is lucky that SW even allows them to occupy the same court!
Kind of like Burg people during football season. 😂

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
RBH23
S

Re: REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Post by RBH23 »

Old Shorts wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:57 am

Was you watching the same West and Webster game the rest of us watched? We was pretty much in that game the entire night. Had it down to 1 point in the 3rd and only lost by 5.
You have to understand that some of these Webster fans are living a different reality in their mind.

To them, the Minford and Burg games weren’t really loses since SW didn’t play their best. That SW is 8-12 points better than Burg despite losing to Burg by 10 and beating Burg by 7; again if only SW played their best. And that really SW, not Burg, should be #1 right now in the SOC if…

So of course they are going to see a 5 point win over West to be much greater than it was. Because if SW played their best, they would have beaten West much, much worse. West is lucky that SW even allows them to occupy the same court!
Kind of like Burg people during football season. 😂
Not me. I gave Burg all kinds of grief last year about their play, as did many other Burg fans. Seemed like non-Burg fans were the ones talking Burg up more than Burg fans themselves.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:57 pm What if the burg boy didn’t shove one of ours and get T’d up for two more points from Roberts.

Webster handled West pretty easily tonight too, heard they had burg on the ropes.

How grandiose of you RBH. You must be apart of the southern Ohio aristocracy. Somebody get this guy a crown.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Spalding22 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:59 pm

How grandiose of you RBH. You must be apart of the southern Ohio aristocracy. Somebody get this guy a crown.
First, it’s “a part” not “apart.” If you are going to toss around insults, at least get the wording right.

Second, how is it “grandiose” that I think Webster, Minford, and Burg are good teams that are equally matched per the results?

Third, even though Burg is currently in first place, I’m not on here making grandiose statements. Those are coming from the Webster fans.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:42 pm

First, it’s “a part” not “apart.” If you are going to toss around insults, at least get the wording right.

Second, how is it “grandiose” that I think Webster, Minford, and Burg are good teams that are equally matched per the results?

Third, even though Burg is currently in first place, I’m not on here making grandiose statements. Those are coming from the Webster fans.
Ever heard of typing fast? Might try to attack my logic or reasoning as opposed to grammar.

Sharing the court? Grandiose af. You sound half way intelligent, so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe stick to grading papers though.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Spalding22 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:46 pm

Ever heard of typing fast? Might try to attack my logic or reasoning as opposed to grammar.

Sharing the court? Grandiose af. You sound half way intelligent, so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe stick to grading papers though.
I was not insulting West, in case you took that statement as so. I was mocking some of the Webster fans for their comments about the game. Instead of giving credit to West for keeping the game close, Webster fans made it sound as if West played perfect basketball yet only stayed in the game because of Webster’s mistakes.

Btw, I am not a teacher, so no papers to grade. But I do have some Hennessy calling my name :)

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:13 am

Yeah I was there. Only lost by 5. It was 8 going into the last minute. Never once felt like Webster was in any real danger of losing even if it was cut to 1 at some point. Not saying West didn’t play a good game or got blowed out, handled is the appropriate word. Believe I heard on the radio PW shot about 29% from the field and got doubled up on rebounds. Webster’s shooting was around 65% I want to say. 9-20 from the free throw line. Maybe Matt Payton can chime in on that.

From the side I was sitting on it didn’t seem as exciting as the Winator and Burg fans are making it out to be.
Everything you stated shows that West was really in the game then. If we shot 29% from the field and was doubled up on the glass to me that shows the 1-3-1 done its job and slowed the game down and limited possessions and even turned Webster over a few times.

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:37 pm
Spalding22 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:46 pm

I was not insulting West, in case you took that statement as so. I was mocking some of the Webster fans for their comments about the game. Instead of giving credit to West for keeping the game close, Webster fans made it sound as if West played perfect basketball yet only stayed in the game because of Webster’s mistakes.

Btw, I am not a teacher, so no papers to grade. But I do have some Hennessy calling my name :)
[/quote

Webster is a mis-match nightmare for everyone. They are beginning to scratch the surface. Unfortunately there have been some coaching issues that has held them back.

Wheelersburg should be grateful for Lattimore, he has been saving them like Trey Calvin has been saving Wright State.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Webster will beat west by 15+ next game. Then they’ll really not be in the game

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:36 pm Webster will beat west by 15+ next game. Then they’ll really not be in the game
The mighty Jeeps may want to focus on Minford first. Lose that game and hopes of winning the SOC are 100% over.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

RBH23 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:25 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:36 pm Webster will beat west by 15+ next game. Then they’ll really not be in the game
The mighty Jeeps may want to focus on Minford first. Lose that game and hopes of winning the SOC are 100% over.
Jeeps are going to nationals. Who cares about the SOC3

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Swanker mentioned horrible refs!

SW was 22-30 and Burg was 12-19. SW shot 11 more FT's and scored 10 more points then Burg!!

How were the refs horrible buddy????

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

West played Minford down to the wire, had burg on the ropes and was within a few points of Webster. Maybe west should get a little credit here. They really aren’t a bad team and those wins should be treated as good wins, not subpar play etc. Why so many excuses! These teams are giving us fans some really good basketball games to take in and talk about.. Enjoy it!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

GoAt 10 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:34 am West played Minford down to the wire, had burg on the ropes and was within a few points of Webster. Maybe west should get a little credit here. They really aren’t a bad team and those wins should be treated as good wins, not subpar play etc. Why so many excuses! These teams are giving us fans some really good basketball games to take in and talk about.. Enjoy it!
Well said!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:26 am Swanker mentioned horrible refs!

SW was 22-30 and Burg was 12-19. SW shot 11 more FT's and scored 10 more points then Burg!!

Needed some excuse to explain why lowly Wheelersburg took the Mighty Jeeps into overtime.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

GoAt 10 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:34 am West played Minford down to the wire, had burg on the ropes and was within a few points of Webster. Maybe west should get a little credit here. They really aren’t a bad team and those wins should be treated as good wins, not subpar play etc. Why so many excuses! These teams are giving us fans some really good basketball games to take in and talk about.. Enjoy it!
I agree with that premise. West may not have as much talent, but West's coach seems to employ the best scheme to give his players the best chance to win. The players hustle and play within the scheme, which i believe has lead West to being a dangerous team who can beat anyone on any given night. They are a fine example of the old cliche quote "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." Coaching is the difference. West seems to have a pretty good one.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:45 am

Needed some excuse to explain why lowly Wheelersburg took the Mighty Jeeps into overtime.
Beating Wheelersburg is "everyone's superbowl" or so the wheelersburg streaming announcers claimed. They did a good job of remaining impartial and hiding their bitterness until that pompous statement came out. Did anyone else hear it? Wheelerburg isn't low, South Webster based on sheer talent should beat Wheelerburg 8 times out of 10. I said it once, and i'll say it again, coaching was the difference in the first game. It was almost blown again in the second game. They were up 12 in the first game, and blew the lead by having the wrong personnel in. They almost blew the second lead, but they fortunately adapted this time. Ball handling depth is websters weakness. They have ball handlers, but sometimes, it seems they get caught with their pants down by having 5 guys in the game at the same time who do not need to be in at the same time.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

New topic fellas, this game is done and over with. Bottom line "The Jeeps Won, the Pirates Lost!" Looking forward to tonight's game between the Jeeps and Falcons.....

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spalding22 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:27 am
RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:45 am

Beating Wheelersburg is "everyone's superbowl" or so the wheelersburg streaming announcers claimed. They did a good job of remaining impartial and hiding their bitterness until that pompous statement came out. Did anyone else hear it? Wheelerburg isn't low, South Webster based on sheer talent should beat Wheelerburg 8 times out of 10. I said it once, and i'll say it again, coaching was the difference in the first game. It was almost blown again in the second game. They were up 12 in the first game, and blew the lead by having the wrong personnel in. They almost blew the second lead, but they fortunately adapted this time. Ball handling depth is websters weakness. They have ball handlers, but sometimes, it seems they get caught with their pants down by having 5 guys in the game at the same time who do not need to be in at the same time.
Might be some truth to the "super bowl" comment. Burg wins the first game, the thread covering that game in SEOPS was 3 pages long and over the next day.

Webster wins in overtime after two free throws given to start the game, also with burgs best two scorers on the bench in overtime mind you, and here we are 5 pages in and week later, arguing that webster is so much better they would win 8 out of 10 times.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

South Webster would beat Wheelersburg 9 out of 10 times. Not just 8.

Return to “Boys Basketball”